FedEx Freight | Stealing from the company

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Can you be terminated for stealing from the company. I know it sounds stupid to ask, but let me know and I'll explain why after several responses.

I mean, why wouldn't you be?
We talking about an ink pen off a dispatch desk, or a hand dollie borrowed one evening to move a bookshelf, and brought back the next day?

Or, a real actual malicious theft of company property?

I assume you have some absurd situation where someone was NOT fired in que for us, yeah?

I guess the better question is what do you consider stealing?

Actual valuable property, tasks pay you didn't do, out of route mileage that isn't justified (wreck, construction), claiming delay on shuttle run instead of working dock.

What does this company consider stealing. Or is it different from center to center.

I guess the better question is what do you consider stealing?

Actual valuable property, tasks pay you didn't do, out of route mileage that isn't justified (wreck, construction), claiming delay on shuttle run instead of working dock.

What does this company consider stealing. Or is it different from center to center.

Stealing is theft of time or property.

Putting in for delay pay instead of working the dock is theft. The job assignment is very clear and you can't just do as you please. If people are actually doing this, it's only a matter of time until FedEx starts to change up delay pay policy. I don't think I've ever put in for mileage reimbursement. My general rule is to take the fastest route. Sometimes it's more miles, but it's faster.

What the company considers stealing is set in stone and not open to interpretation. How the policy is implemented will vary.

I agree with everyone, but management in Nashville let people get away with it daily. One driver in particular was coming in at beginning of shift working the dock. When bills were ready would go hook then come back and clock out. Got caught slap on the wrist. Fast forward months later same driver claiming delay on a shuttle bid instead of working dock. 3 days off...

I told yall Nashville is a hot mess.....

Stealing is theft of time or property.

Putting in for delay pay instead of working the dock is theft. The job assignment is very clear and you can't just do as you please. If people are actually doing this, it's only a matter of time until FedEx starts to change up delay pay policy. I don't think I've ever put in for mileage reimbursement. My general rule is to take the fastest route. Sometimes it's more miles, but it's faster.

What the company considers stealing is set in stone and not open to interpretation. How the policy is implemented will vary.
Here in the South them damn Yanks caused all of this construction on any major interstate.. we run back roads all night, alternative interstates and claim ANY extra mile every night. Never denied and never questioned. Just check the handheld miles before you cross the fence

Here in the South them damn Yanks caused all of this construction on any major interstate.. we run back roads all night, alternative interstates and claim ANY extra mile every night. Never denied and never questioned. Just check the handheld miles before you cross the fence

I'll claim it if it's justified, but most of the time it's me going around traffic. More miles, but faster.

And hotdogs??..
Why not both?
how_to_cook_hotdogs_in_a_coffee_pot.jpg