R&L | Stealing Time

workmaster

Banned
Credits
We had a meeting at our terminal last week. The TM talked about how our freight had slowed but we had better not let up as that would be stealing time. What about the 1 and 2 days a week you have us call @ 11:00 , then back at 12:30 and sometimes back again at 1 or 1:30. Is this not stealing time from us?

Not only that big truck, but on these flat rate runs. The latest screwing they are putting to us is having us get a set of pups, and going to two different customers,dropping and hooking in two different cities, and paying us a flat rate...

At the place we are doing this, the docks are full at both customers, so first you have to pull a trailer out of the dock at each customer, before you can put you trailer in.

This results in 4 drop and hooks on this flat rate run...Not only that, but this is always done in the dark, and one of the customers has no lighting at all, and there is no place to park, so you are also partially on the highway while you are getting screwed on this deal...This is very dangerous!!! For some reason, the Einsteins who run our company NEVER have a driver do these swaps while there is daylight, (and they could).
I believe the company is stealing from the drivers on a majority of these so drop and hook runs, because the pay you get never comes close to what you would have made had you stayed on the clock!!!

Not only that big truck, but on these flat rate runs. The latest screwing they are putting to us is having us get a set of pups, and going to two different customers,dropping and hooking in two different cities, and paying us a flat rate...

At the place we are doing this, the docks are full at both customers, so first you have to pull a trailer out of the dock at each customer, before you can put you trailer in.

This results in 4 drop and hooks on this flat rate run...Not only that, but this is always done in the dark, and one of the customers has no lighting at all, and there is no place to park, so you are also partially on the highway while you are getting screwed on this deal...This is very dangerous!!! For some reason, the Einsteins who run our company NEVER have a driver do these swaps while there is daylight, (and they could).
I believe the company is stealing from the drivers on a majority of these so drop and hook runs, because the pay you get never comes close to what you would have made had you stayed on the clock!!!

Call safety in these dangerous situations, i stopped doing things that where "unsafe" my TM complained, i called safety explained what was going on and how to do it safely, and the problem was actually solved, i wont put my neck out for any company, if it is so unsafe that you could very likely, inadvertently hurt someone else then DON'T DO IT! don't jeopardize your career. If they want to push it let them, because when it comes down to it, they CANNOT reprimand you for trying to be safe, just make sure it is valid and it is not whining and complaining on your part about the flat rate. (not saying it is, just saying)