FedEx Freight | Steel toes

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
They told Freight that we don't need to wear steel toes anymore . If we do buy them and turn in the receipt for STEEL TOE SHOES then we will still get the $60 towards them other wise you will not. So the first thing one of the drivers says is "good I can buy cheaper shoes now." I laughed to myself and thought go get yourself a nice cheap pair of black tennis shoes ya dope. I spend about $150 to $180 for a very good comfortable safe shoe and will continue doing so for the safety and general well being of my feet. I just have to laugh at some of these fools. Here is another question , say you get your foot smashed by a steel bar rolling off a pallet how is the Workers Comp going to look at this ? I'll bet you get thrown under the bus in the end.

This is a fact....no way I'm going to be out picking up and delivering freight without my steel toe wolverines on . :thumbsup:

I had my right foot get smashed while working the dock. Fractured it in two places but would have been much worse had I not been wearing safety boots. And not to mention the boots held the brake tight until I got to the hospital making the healing process much easier and shorter. But still the same their will be plenty of those with black sneakers on and that's great until something happens. Then it's get out the pins screws and plates.

HOOTY were you been have not heard from
you in awhile. you still :buttkisser:up in richmond?
better wear them steel toes cause by the time
you wish you had them on 3 of your toes are
missing. : :banana:

When I had my company... Everyone had steel tipped boots.
Required or not>> "You better wear them !!"

Stay Frosty

How many times does it take to drop something on your foot when your not wearing steel toes, to make a quick change to wearing steel toes? One time! When I first started with American Freightways way back when steel toed shoes wear not required. I picked up an irregular piece of iron off the floor. My hands were wet due to sweat and it slipped out of my hands onto the float and bounced off onto my left foot. Needless to say my toe throbbed the rest of the day and part of the next. I dropped an empty skid on it the next day which mashed all the blood out of it and it quit hurting as much but it was still sore. Hadn't been there a week and already had to file a workman's comp claim, Good Grief Charlie Brown it only took 13 years for my toe nail to fully grow back out. It would grow and then the nail would split down the middle and fall off. Like to have rubbed the end of my toe raw every time that it did this or the nail would hang on my sock and I would accidently jerk the nail into the quick.

:chairshot::

What happens when you get to a dock for a pick up or delivery, and steel toe shoes are required? I've been to a lot of places where they won't let you on the dock without steel toes.

What happens when you get to a dock for a pick up or delivery, and steel toe shoes are required? I've been to a lot of places where they won't let you on the dock without steel toes.

Then they can load the f*****& freight, right? You stay on the trailer and F them!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

:smug: I'm not kidding you guys about this ...
We were told this in a meeting , it still baffles me but lately I give a flying F about what goes on there any more. Do what you want , I will be wearing my steel toes and turning in my receipt in hopes for the $60 back if the company decides they don't want to give it to me towards them then they can go , well I'll just leave it at that.

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=79455.msg824138#msg824138 date=1272068100]

Then they can load the f*****& freight, right? You stay on the trailer and F them!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

we don't do that here, we like our customers

[quote author=10 speed link=topic=79455.msg823762#msg823762 date=1271940962]
HOOTY were you been have not heard from
you in awhile. you still :buttkisser:up in richmond?
better wear them steel toes cause by the time
you wish you had them on 3 of your toes are
missing. : :banana:
[/quote] I don't go to rch anymore or run the road for that matter.....a city position came open at my home center and I jumped on it......hours are good, home every night and I don't think I have to worry about someone coming to say transfer 100 miles away or be separated from the company. Life is good....Hooty out and on vacation.

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=79455.msg824113#msg824113 date=1272062963]
So you have to wear your seat belts on the forklifts but no safety shoes. Makes a lot of sense.
[/quote]

Great observation!! But since 50/10 ruling form Memphis, we are NOT suppose to be dropping freight on your shoes or any other body part or you will be written up or terminated for breaking a commandment from the Taj Mahal. Making us more responsible for their stupid rules. I can see more comp claims coming.

I wish someone would tell the uniform police about the safety shoe issue. I have been warned by a couple of the micro-managers out of our terminal that the next time I'm caught wearing my "Vans" I will get a written notice. I went to work for Viking 33 years ago wearing my vans. Let me check, Yep I still have my 10 toes. I can understand the issue of wearing safety shoes if your working local or on the dock, but I'm one of the fortunate ones who still just drives a truck for a living. To keep piece in the family, the first thing I do now at my home terminal, and only at my home terminal, is slip off my vans, and slip on my safety shoes. I wonder why we can't seem to turn a profit? TP