FedEx Freight | Steel toes

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=79455.msg823669#msg823669 date=1271903300]
They told Freight that we don't need to wear steel toes anymore . If we do buy them and turn in the receipt for STEEL TOE SHOES then we will still get the $60 towards them other wise you will not. So the first thing one of the drivers says is "good I can buy cheaper shoes now." I laughed to myself and thought go get yourself a nice cheap pair of black tennis shoes ya dope. I spend about $150 to $180 for a very good comfortable safe shoe and will continue doing so for the safety and general well being of my feet. I just have to laugh at some of these fools. Here is another question , say you get your foot smashed by a steel bar rolling off a pallet how is the Workers Comp going to look at this ? I'll bet you get thrown under the bus in the end.
[/quote] Summertime is comming, I'll be wearing my black flip flops!!! The idiot who came up with this has no clue what we do for a living. Just more people who shouldn't be on the fed ex payroll. Just remember to have the right color belt buckle on.

You can wear your tennis shoes if you want, but I'll spend a lot more than $60 on my steel toed boots. I can't tell you now many times they've saved my little piggies.
And yes, I spent the money before they gave us a stipend for them.

[quote author=clandestine_ice link=topic=79455.msg824543#msg824543 date=1272208830]
Welcome back Hooty! I too finally fixed my life somewhat after they jammed that stick up my butt last summer and broke it off
[/quote]
Was that a part of your bid? I don't think I want that bid. :biglaugh:

do they still have to be black or can I wear my green converses

311976_hi

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=79455.msg824983#msg824983 date=1272333116]
do they still have to be black or can I wear my green converses

311976_hi

[/quote] I haven't seen a pair of kmart sliders in years, where did you find them?

Yea Jeff....You should get a color, that matches your employer...don't wanna "rock the boat"

Stay Frosty

[quote author=Woodpecker link=topic=79455.msg823986#msg823986 date=1272025337]
No way ..brother; "I'm putting cotton on my pie hole...just in case.."
[/quote]

Now thats funny!

[quote author=Zeke Marlow link=topic=79455.msg825128#msg825128 date=1272383833]
[quote author=Woodpecker link=topic=79455.msg823986#msg823986 date=1272025337]
No way ..brother; "I'm putting cotton on my pie hole...just in case.."
[/quote]

Now thats funny!
[/quote]

Welcome ...aboard

Hopefully your not a libral puke....either way.. Welcome

I've always been a big fan of steel toe boots and I will put them on everyday. The one day I did'nt put them on I had my right foot ran over by a forklift and it did alot of damage to my foot. The doctor said I was lucky not to have them on because the steel would have cut my toes off. I don't know if that's true or not but whatever I still feel safer with them on.

[quote author=WRIGLEY link=topic=79455.msg825370#msg825370 date=1272480311]
I've always been a big fan of steel toe boots and I will put them on everyday. The one day I did'nt put them on I had my right foot ran over by a forklift and it did alot of damage to my foot. The doctor said I was lucky not to have them on because the steel would have cut my toes off. I don't know if that's true or not but whatever I still feel safer with them on.
[/quote]

Myth-busters blew that theory out of the water awhile back. They made a replica foot and tested all kinds of boots. No way you lose your toes.

I prefer the 511 tactical boot with a composite toe. Light as a feather and super safe. Plus there's a holster in case I need to conceal a can of cheese whiz.

[quote author=clandestine_ice link=topic=79455.msg824543#msg824543 date=1272208830]
Welcome back Hooty! I too finally fixed my life somewhat after they jammed that stick up my butt last summer and broke it off
[/quote] Good.....I'm glad to hear that....I'm staying put in the city myself....starting to feel like a man again.......giterdone, are you still alive? Talk to me baby!!! :banana: