Stewart struck, killed driver with sprint car

Did Tony know he put him the wall? Besides I'm hearing now they didn't even touch in the accident.

Also just because Tony may have put Kevin in the wall, there's still the possibility that Tony didn't see the kid running down in front of him.

Once again the voice of reason.

I don't know how you were able to post this but I couldn't get it to work. Never mind I see I have to have an account and log on

Don't know. Posted from my phone. Basically it was Moody complaining how the media and some attorneys are handling this incident.

Which is exactly what any reasonable person would do.

Hot-head Tony may have fully been aware that Ward was walking down the track, he could have intended to roost him. Hot-headed Tony could have been removing a tear-off, checking the gauges, looking in his mirror to see who was going to restart behind him, any number of things...certainly enough possibilities to raise reasonable doubt.

Did Tony know he put him the wall? Besides I'm hearing now they didn't even touch in the accident.

Also just because Tony may have put Kevin in the wall, there's still the possibility that Tony didn't see the kid running down in front of him.
Whether or not Tony put him into the wall is irrelevant. The initial crash isnt the issue. This kid was wearing a dark fire suit, on a poorly lit dirt track, and walked into a pack of sprint cars which have minimal visibility. Race fans get so emotional when it comes to their favorite or least favorite drivers and that gets into the way of rational thought.

Whether or not Tony put him into the wall is irrelevant. The initial crash isnt the issue. This kid was wearing a dark fire suit, on a poorly lit dirt track, and walked into a pack of sprint cars which have minimal visibility. Race fans get so emotional when it comes to their favorite or least favorite drivers and that gets into the way of rational thought.

I agree.......

me to its just very hard for me to believe he meant to hit the kid.i mean the car in front of tony almost hit him and maybe tony didn't see the young man cause the car in front was blocking his view?at the last second he sees him and revs to try to swerve? theirs so many things that could have happened? but aiming at him to hit him just isn't probable unless hes evil?

That track has lights,however there also blind spots as well,Kevin the kid that was killed had a dark colored fire suit.
Being a long time race fan myself,the only thing,I saw in the video that seemed suspect to me.
Was when Tony was near the area he hit him,he gunned his motor which kicked the tail over to the right.

Seemed a bit odd seeing they were under caution,just cruising around that small track.
I think Tony is the only one who will ever know what exactly happened,good or bad he has to live with the results of his actions.

I don't think Tony intentionally ran over the kid but I do think he may have been trying to teach the kid a lesson. Tony should have been professional & kept his head on straight. He had nothing to prove by intimidating the young man. Many people thought Tony shouldn't have been racing a sprint car last year when he broke his leg. That is his business what he does on his time. Tony is a true racer & like others he enjoys racing away from NASCAR. Tony races midgets at the Chili Bowl every year. Several NASCAR drivers have run on dirt tracks because they are racers. A.J. Foyt also ran sprint cars on dirt tracks because he enjoyed it. Ken Schrader is another NASCAR driver that ran dirt tracks when he had a chance. I do think this has the potential to end his NASCAR career because sponsors will be reluctant to put up the funds after this questionable incident.

That track has lights,however there also blind spots as well,Kevin the kid that was killed had a dark colored fire suit.
Being a long time race fan myself,the only thing,I saw in the video that seemed suspect to me.
Was when Tony was near the area he hit him,he gunned his motor which kicked the tail over to the right.

Seemed a bit odd seeing they were under caution,just cruising around that small track.
I think Tony is the only one who will ever know what exactly happened,good or bad he has to live with the results of his actions.

Sprint cars are designed to pull hard left on the throttle. Many longtime drivers believe that by goosing the engine, Stewart was trying to move the car left as quickly as he could to avoid something he caught out of the corner of his right eye.

I don't think Tony intentionally ran over the kid but I do think he may have been trying to teach the kid a lesson. Tony should have been professional & kept his head on straight. He had nothing to prove by intimidating the young man. Many people thought Tony shouldn't have been racing a sprint car last year when he broke his leg. That is his business what he does on his time. Tony is a true racer & like others he enjoys racing away from NASCAR. Tony races midgets at the Chili Bowl every year. Several NASCAR drivers have run on dirt tracks because they are racers. A.J. Foyt also ran sprint cars on dirt tracks because he enjoyed it. Ken Schrader is another NASCAR driver that ran dirt tracks when he had a chance. I do think this has the potential to end his NASCAR career because sponsors will be reluctant to put up the funds after this questionable incident.

I don't think anyone raced more than Ken Schrader.

Not that it makes much difference,but looking at the actions of this young racer that lost his life.
His life did somewhat parallel Tony's,he started racing go-carts,at age 4,Tony started racing go-carts at age 5.
Kevin came up through the classes as he got older finally into the Empire Sprint series.

Tony also used to get really angry when he thought another driver spun him out.
He jumped out of his car,a few times,once he threw his gloves,another time he threw his helmet at the hood of an oncoming car under caution.

NASCAR had him go through a session of anger management.
So just speculation, in retrospect maybe young Kevin was emulating Tony,but it cost him his life.

Tony isn't a murderer. The kid shouldn't have walked so far down on the track. I think tony seen him at the last 2nd and hit the throttle to get his sprint car to turn sharper but it was to late. It's a really sad event but the kid shouldn't have been so far down the track and you can see that the car right in front of Tony had to swerve to miss ward.

http://powernationtv.com/post/fello...with-details-following-death-of-kevin-ward-jr

......"Sprint car driver Cory Sparks has come forward with his side of the story, telling about the angle he witnessed of the event. "From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," he was quoted in the story. "People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a spring car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him."......

Fellow Sprint car racer comes forward with details following death of Kevin Ward Jr | PowerNation

......"Sprint car driver Cory Sparks has come forward with his side of the story, telling about the angle he witnessed of the event. "From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," he was quoted in the story. "People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a spring car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him."......

Cha-Ching !!

Not a Murderer ...............

Tony Stewart is not a murder, racing is Tony Stewarts life, and I'll leave it at that for now :coffee1: till we hear from the authorities in N.Y. State.