XPO | Still chasing Old Dominion

smokin'joe

Just Smokin' the Blues...
Credits
After perusing through old threads looking for some history, I noticed that in 2009 we were chasing OD in many areas. So, after almost 10 years and multiple management and ownership changes, is it odd that we are still chasing OD?

After perusing through old threads looking for some history, I noticed that in 2009 we were chasing OD in many areas. So, after almost 10 years and multiple management and ownership changes, is it odd that we are still chasing OD?
I was being chased and then passed by OD. His trucks run 67mph. Looks like were still behind on both ends

I was being chased and then passed by OD. His trucks run 67mph. Looks like were still behind on both ends
It depends on what region you are in, the length of the run and the posted speed limit. You’re right our default is 67, but other places they’re turned up a little more.

It depends on what region you are in, the length of the run and the posted speed limit. You’re right our default is 67, but other places they’re turned up a little more.
I'm an OD driver and tractor speed depends on the length of the scheduled run. My terminal is set at 68mph for runs between 600 to 624 miles and 70mph for runs over 625 miles. Unfortunately my run is only 592 miles so I'm in a 65mph tractor!

I'm an OD driver and tractor speed depends on the length of the scheduled run. My terminal is set at 68mph for runs between 600 to 624 miles and 70mph for runs over 625 miles. Unfortunately my run is only 592 miles so I'm in a 65mph tractor!
That makes alot of sense, probably why we don't do that sort of thing here at Xcon.

They want to beat OD but aren't willing to play OD's game. OD hauls all of their freight. ( 99% ) And OD don't take ::shit:: that don't pay. Hard for XPO LTL to compete with a flawed business model that relies on sub vans and junk freight.