Still the best

We had a lot of radio shack in new england and my back still remembers those long heavy wiremold stringers, i think they came out of w hartford.
Let us not forget fashion bug stores and the dreaded payless shoe stores
:clappy:

How about those Goodyear tire loads??? 45' vans stuffed from nose to tail w/ hundreds of tires all laced together. Some loads contained several different shipments. The only way you could tell one customer's freight from the other was w/ different colored chalk marks on the tires. Remember that freight?

How about those Goodyear tire loads??? 45' vans stuffed from nose to tail w/ hundreds of tires all laced together. Some loads contained several different shipments. The only way you could tell one customer's freight from the other was w/ different colored chalk marks on the tires. Remember that freight?
027 loads Albany I finger printed many.The punishment at 015 was doing a Goodyear load then going to Armstrong tire in west haven ct.and loading 1100 donuts all Sears stores .High and Tight to the break bulk.046 003 037 or 039

027 loads Albany I finger printed many.The punishment at 015 was doing a Goodyear load then going to Armstrong tire in west haven ct.and loading 1100 donuts all Sears stores .High and Tight to the break bulk.046 003 037 or 039
When I worked at 046 They would send me to pick up Gilbert and Bennett in Georgetown all crap for K -Mart ,Fence and chicken wire.

When I worked at 046 They would send me to pick up Gilbert and Bennett in Georgetown all crap for K -Mart ,Fence and chicken wire.
I remember those loads Gilbert and Bennett load it and bring it back and strip it than get a new pair of gloves the fun times. Good times at 046

How about all those GM auto parts loads! What a nitemare that stuff was. All different kinds of parts tangled together in one big ball of awfulness. I'd spend an hour delivering half of a 45' van on my route to a GM parts dealer. Sure glad my current company doesn't do that stuff. At least not yet.
I had 4 GM dealerships on my peddle run in Syr (014). I was either always short or had some other dealers parts. Was always delivering free astrays as well -don't know how the os & d folks ever kept it straight

I had 4 GM dealerships on my peddle run in Syr (014). I was either always short or had some other dealers parts. Was always delivering free astrays as well -don't know how the os & d folks ever kept it straight
Yes your right, at 021 the osd section took up 25% of the dock floor space.

021 PVD ,overnight/UPS freight occupies the place.If I remember didn't the do all the engines in that shop.Forklifts at 012 and wreck repairs at 004
i'm not sure about the engine rebuilds, but the shop was big enough to handle that job.

How bout those 'Nutone' loads? All kinds of electronic ctns of door bells, hood fans etc. What garbage freight that was. I'd spend all nite stripping one of those loads. Hated them. Where'd they originate from... 022?

How bout those 'Nutone' loads? All kinds of electronic ctns of door bells, hood fans etc. What garbage freight that was. I'd spend all nite stripping one of those loads. Hated them. Where'd they originate from... 022?
Oh my lord why did you have to ruin my night and bring up that crap account?

Yeah try delivering those loads to the sears stores. 12oo tires going thru a small hole in the builing and down into the cellar.
If you wernt good at rolling them you were by the time you were done 10 hours later.

Yeah try delivering those loads to the sears stores. 12oo tires going thru a small hole in the builing and down into the cellar.
If you wernt good at rolling them you were by the time you were done 10 hours later.
If that was what I had to do all day was volume load ,That was an easy day ,These guys were brutal to peddle for ,I had all the hours I needed back then even in the winter when every body was laid off we were still working 10 and 12 hour days..I can actually say with out a doubt,The friends and bonds I made will last a lifetime.even 23 years later.We're still the best.I found no other place like it and probably never will,I .I do it all over again.People do make the difference.