Yellow | Stock is at .39

Stocks sink as euro drops, jobless claims rise
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market extended its sharp slide Thursday as investors' already bleak view of the world economy worsened with another drop in the euro and disappointing U.S. employment news.

The Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 250 points in morning trading. Interest rates fell sharply in the Treasury market as investors once again sought the safety of U.S. government debt...................

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks-sink-as-euro-drops-apf-2425241358.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

Stocks plummet as investor fear spikes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks slumped hard on Thursday, with the major gauges all falling more than 2%, as concerns about the European debt crisis and the plunge in the euro continued to rattle investor confidence.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) fell 302 points, or 2.9%. The Nasdaq (COMP) fell 77 points, or 3.4%, and the S&P 500 (SPX) declined 35 points, or 3.2%...............

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/20/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm?hpt=T2

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80330.msg831410#msg831410 date=1274367772]
Stocks sink as euro drops, jobless claims rise
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market extended its sharp slide Thursday as investors' already bleak view of the world economy worsened with another drop in the euro and disappointing U.S. employment news.

The Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 250 points in morning trading. Interest rates fell sharply in the Treasury market as investors once again sought the safety of U.S. government debt...................

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks-sink-as-euro-drops-apf-2425241358.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=
[/quote]

exactually , we were in the 40-50 cent range there for a while , now after this entire euro debt problem we are slideing with the rest of the market. the last 2 weeks i think does not reflect anything yrcw is doing as a company, the stock is following the rest of the markets slide . we are in trouble as a company as is alot of others so its expected we slide also. does not suprise me a bit . the only thing that scares me is the recovery that is starting here and in yrc does not get screwed up from the euro problem :rant:

Yeah, but the redistribution of wealth has already happened at YRC. 15% wages cut and a pension freeze is a sign of redistribution of wealth, just coming a different political group. It will only get worse if they allow NAFTA to operate in America, and that might just happen with all the problems they have in Arizona.

I guess we should be buying if it's not a time to worry. Sounds like a no thinker.

Shares Short -- 71,668,934

traders run like a greyhound on news

If you are brave enough to buy any stock right now, then YRCW is a good one, because it can't get much lower and can double quickly. Personally I will stay out, looks like the Dow may be headed down to 6500 again.

[quote author=Gondofini link=topic=80330.msg831519#msg831519 date=1274394147]
If you are brave enough to buy any stock right now, then YRCW is a good one, because it can't get much lower and can double quickly. Personally I will stay out, looks like the Dow may be headed down to 6500 again.
[/quote]

Stocks dive, Dow off 376 on world economic worries

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks took their deepest plunge in more than a year Thursday as fears grew that Europe's debt crisis could spread around the world and undermine the U.S. economic recovery. The possibility has been brewing for weeks, but analysts said some investors are just waking up to it.The Dow Jones industrial average fell 376 points, its biggest point drop since February 2009. All the major indexes were down well over 3 percent and are now showing losses for 2010. Interest rates fell sharply in the Treasury market as investors once again sought the safety of U.S. government debt.The number of people applying for unemployment benefits last week rose unexpectedly and the Greek government's response to its debt crisis sparked new protests in Athens, but analysts said neither event appeared to set off Thursday's selling.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks-dive-Dow-off-376-on-apf-2425241358.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

buy when you're nervous, sell off some when you're ahead but--

Shares Outstanding 1,054,074,000

Shares Short*

I dunno
PENA.gif

I might try and buy some as I have in the past with my Teamster 401K brokerage option ( I made thousands buying this stock low and selling it on the upswings. ), but now our Teamster 401K brokerage option through the new provider (whose service stinks, had a lot of trouble setting up my new acccount) won't let us buy stocks under $5.00 to protect me from making any quick money in the market on penny stocks.

[quote author=RocketManCVE link=topic=80330.msg831569#msg831569 date=1274404521]
I might try and buy some as I have in the past with my Teamster 401K brokerage option ( I made thousands buying this stock low and selling it on the upswings. ), but now our Teamster 401K brokerage option through the new provider (whose service stinks, had a lot of trouble setting up my new acccount) won't let us buy stocks under $5.00 to protect me from making any quick money in the market on penny stocks.
[/quote].....................Open a Scott trade account.........7 dollar brokerage fees........I did it and I love it..........just a thought......

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80330.msg831522#msg831522 date=1274395395]
[quote author=Gondofini link=topic=80330.msg831519#msg831519 date=1274394147]
[/quote]

Stocks dive, Dow off 376 on world economic worries

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks took their deepest plunge in more than a year Thursday as fears grew that Europe's debt crisis could spread around the world and undermine the U.S. economic recovery. The possibility has been brewing for weeks, but analysts said some investors are just waking up to it.The Dow Jones industrial average fell 376 points, its biggest point drop since February 2009. All the major indexes were down well over 3 percent and are now showing losses for 2010. Interest rates fell sharply in the Treasury market as investors once again sought the safety of U.S. government debt.The number of people applying for unemployment benefits last week rose unexpectedly and the Greek government's response to its debt crisis sparked new protests in Athens, but analysts said neither event appeared to set off Thursday's selling.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks-dive-Dow-off-376-on-apf-2425241358.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=
[/quote]

Heard a good one on one of my talks shows yesterday. Said "Greece will be supported by the EU. The EU won't fall-- it will be supported by Germany. Germany won't fall-- it will be supported by the USA. The USA won't fall-- it will be supported by China." Question (I don't think he's right-- I believe our Social Spending will sink us-- very soon)...Who's supporting China? It's all imaginary money. No one has this kind of real wealth.....

The USA and YRC are in pretty much identical situations-- both overreached, promised way too much, following charismatic leaders, working with imaginary money. Both are overloaded with debt, and both will eventually run out of other people's money......

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80330.msg832124#msg832124 date=1274579068]
Posted by: jimmy g
I believe our Social Spending will sink us-- very soon)...Who's supporting China? It's all imaginary money. No one has this kind of real wealth.....

jim, there is plenty more where that came from--

Obama Seeks $3.5 Billion to Feed Poor Nations

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...tml?KEYWORDS=us+35+billion+for+poor+countries
[/quote]

Plenty more IMAGINARY money..........makes my three imaginary friends (somebody, nobody, and anybody) I played with at age 5 look real.....I've still got a Roy Rogers watch from 1959...Now that's real (Doesn't work though-- darn Timex did NOT take a licking- keep on ticking!)

Truckingboards.com Forum merely provides a space for its users to express and exchange their own opinions. Privacy Statement. Stock recommendations and comments presented on Truckingboards.com are solely those of the analysts and experts quoted. They do not represent the opinions of Truckingboards.com on whether to buy, sell or hold shares of a particular stock.