Yellow | Stock option calculations

dsa

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just wondering if anyone could please help me with a question I have.Does anyone know the formula YRC used to calculate the amount of shares that were given to us?We seem to have MAJOR difference in
amounts between two barns.The guys at another barn were given almost 63 1/2 times more than the men at our barn.The average at our barn is around 300 shares and the other barn is around 10,000 plus.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

[quote author=dsa link=topic=80152.msg829575#msg829575 date=1273795998]
I was just wondering if anyone could please help me with a question I have.Does anyone know the formula YRC used to calculate the amount of shares that were given to us?We seem to have MAJOR difference in
amounts between two barns.The guys at another barn were given almost 63 1/2 times more than the men at our barn.The average at our barn is around 300 shares and the other barn is around 10,000 plus.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
[/quote]

It was based on earnings that you made from Jan1,2009 till June30,2009......... You sure you aren't confusing the 2 different sets of opinions? First 15 percent opinions that were given last year with a strike price of $3.74 a share, Most people received 200 to 400 shares. The 2nd grant given at a strike price of 0.48 cent a share, Most employess received between 5,000 and 10,000 shares.........

I'm sorry,maybe I should have explained myself better.Our local was forced to take the 15% pay cut back in
Oct 09 with a gun to our heads,closing barns etc. ,while the other barn,different local,held out until Feb 10.
Even when we got our shares back in the fall,no one at YRC could give me a straight answer on the formula used.Now with the other barn getting a huge difference in the amount of shares given I was wondering if the formula changed or maybe something else had changed in the five months between the two.Thanks for your help.

[quote author=dsa link=topic=80152.msg829588#msg829588 date=1273798230]
I'm sorry,maybe I should have explained myself better.Our local was forced to take the 15% pay cut back in
Oct 09 with a gun to our heads,closing barns etc. ,while the other barn,different local,held out until Feb 10.
Even when we got our shares back in the fall,no one at YRC could give me a straight answer on the formula used.Now with the other barn getting a huge difference in the amount of shares given I was wondering if the formula changed or maybe something else had changed in the five months between the two.Thanks for your help.[/quote]

No you explained it perfectly, I just thought maybe the 2 different barns were confusing options........ Don't know what kind of formula they used to get to the amounts..........

Do you think it could be the time frame between agreements?This is causing alot of problems right now.Thanks alot for your help,I'm just looking for some answers to take back to our barn.I've been the steward there for over 20 yrs. and we all feel we forced into the paycut to begin with.It doesn't look good when you support something in order to save jobs and then haxe this problem come up.Thanks again for your help

I know the board had a meeting on may10th.I was told that they were going to determine what can be done with the second stock options.whether or not we can cash it in or have to hold it a while longer...anyone know?

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

[quote author=dsa link=topic=80152.msg829575#msg829575 date=1273795998]
[/quote]My guess is that the other barn works a lot harder than your barn. :stir: :biglaugh:

But seriously..... There really isn't a formula, it's based on your pay. The more money that you make, the more that they would be taking from you. (15%) Which means that the higher wage person would also be getting more stock shares purchased on their behalf. Make sure that the wages of two people are close to the same if you are comparing the stock shares together. (close wages should mean close to the same amount of shares) :thumbsup:

[quote author=bigtruk_us link=topic=80152.msg829671#msg829671 date=1273817239]
I know the board had a meeting on may10th.I was told that they were going to determine what can be done with the second stock options.whether or not we can cash it in or have to hold it a while longer...anyone know?

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
[/quote]
According to the literature sent out by the teamsters it was supposed to be immediate upon approval by the board.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamsters.prometheuslabor.com/files/3%208%2010%20Freight%20Update%20March%208_0.pdf
Major features of this plan include:
Number of shares issued. The plan
provides approximately 263million
new shares of YRCWcommon stock
for Teamsters whomeet the qualifying
criteria and are participating in the July
2009MOU. These shares are undiluted
by debt-equity-exchange we discussed—
amajor plus for working
YRCWTeamsters.
• Eligibility andAllocation. The options
under the Second Teamster Option