Reddaway | Storm travel

USA TRKR

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone out there in this storm be safe. It really hammered Sac today. Winds were much higher than predicted.

I got the call 2nite as I was leaving the house, I got canceled. Called my meet driver in Chico he says he has no power, winds are blowing, and pretty good dusting of snow up on the mountains.

Memo went out earlier 2day all southbound out of PDX are canceled. All CA. is in a non-movement mode. Just called central, nothing moving yet, call 2morrow morning.

I feel 4 anyone coming from Reno I heard they got hammered with wind and snow.

If anyone is out there or going out be safe.

I do a Reno to Salt Lake am bid. I got up this morning at 3am (my usual time) and called to see if there was any reason to shovel my car out. Nope! Call back around 7-8 to see if anything is moving. Donner is shut down and will be for some time.

I wish he'd have told me to "call back on Monday". Then I could start the Irish Coffee's moving...:Violin:

80 was just reopened a few minutes ago. Apparently cal-trans couldn't keep up. Theres a few drivers stuck in reno for an extended lay.

Yeah, I've been watching the web for I-80 info. Frankly, I'd be happy to just sit it out now. I just called in and they tried to talk me into going to Medford. I told 'em forget it. I've had bad luck going up there (and getting stuck in the motel for 20+ hours). I'd rather miss the whole two day run than go up there again. :1036316054:

1 of our drivers said that we lost 2 trucks up around Shasta the other day. He said that the drivers weren't hurt or anything, so that's good but has anyone else heard about this?

This has been a really unusual and bad storm. I haven't heard about losing any trucks. I'll try to check on it. This storm has really messed thing up. Everyone is going 70 which takes so much longer. At least its open. They have not closed it at all through all this.

That's good... The bad thing is most of us can drive good through these conditions. I've driven in all different kinds of weather throughout this whole country but it's the others you gotta worry about.

Your right there. I always bothers me when they close 80 to trucks but let the 4 wheelers go through which usually causes most of the problems. *0 was closed most of the weekend. they opened to cars last night but not trucks till much later. The husband had to come back 70 and it took 61/2 hours from Reno. I think it was 40 miles with chains. Anyway. Tis the season for snow. Be safe.

Every winter they go to a "closed to trucks" mode on Donner Sunday night so as to let the skiers get home without 'dealing' with truck traffic. We drivers hate it, but I guess it works - for the general motoring public.