Estes | Storms

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I know some of ya all got some stories. I hear the 043 Microtel was hit pretty hard

wow, Weather has been somthing the last year or so ( Global warming) LOL........

Tho i seen on Tv 250 deaths across six states thats sad sad news. One driver hit a tree as it was falling in the road in Al. was reported

any news from 036 (decatur)? i'm supposed to be headed there tonight with relief supplies; i can't remember whether they have bunkhouse there, i know motels will be booked (i'll have to break there)

No bunkrooms there. I think its still the comfort inn. Its a big motel. Its pretty nice. They probably will be full. Hope you have a sleeper. I have crouched down in my daycab before. Sometimes theirs nothing you can do.

No bunkrooms there. I think its still the comfort inn. Its a big motel. Its pretty nice. They probably will be full. Hope you have a sleeper. I have crouched down in my daycab before. Sometimes theirs nothing you can do.

Comfort Inn or the Microtel..I think it's the Microtel...

hotels

if there is no rooms at hotel, call the number on back of corporate lodging we only have deal with one or two hotels in town but they have deals with all of them. i had problem twice in one week cause fishing thing going. i had to try 8 hotels before i found a room one day. estes only had one hotel listed.

corporate paid for it, and i havent heard anything, linehaul said if they take card use the hotel.

036 uses the comfort inn, tried to call them but they were full as were all other motels in the surrounding area due to tornado victims. i'm glad i took a sleeper (loaner), only bad thing, truck wouldn't idle but only 1 hr and it was 82 degrees.
delivered a load of husky generators (5000 watts) to a Home Depot in Huntsville, and they were selling like hot cakes people couldn't wait for the guys to take them out of the truck.
anyways, drivers please keep the people of AL and all tornado victims in your thoughts and prayers...saw a lot of destruction in Huntsville, Decatur and Birmingham

btw, i went 45 miles out of route to deliver to store and then go to terminal...i called central to get approval on out of route miles and said they couldn't key it in, talk to your tm and also tell him about the 2 hrs it took to deliver load (honestly i don't care if i get paid for it, i'm just glad i was able to help in a way)

Put a number "10" in the driver code box and 45 for out of rout miles. They pay $20 for the stopoff plus your milage pay. I always got paid when I did that sorta thing without questioning.

Work codes is the same box where your hooks go and the off route miles is in the box next to it. Lol

:duh:
Work codes is the same box where your hooks go and the off route miles is in the box next to it. Lol

i knew that...:duh: lol
i meant that the older trip sheets had the work code number in the bottom (you know 3 for hook etc) i've only have had to use hook/drop and city work so far
anyways, talked to tm and yes i will get hourly pay for delivery and only 20 miles out of route
btw, does anybody know how hard 043 get hit?

All I heard was many holmes and buisnesses were demolished. I heard from a driver that the Microtel the driver use was no longer on top of the hill. He later called and confirmed it. Lots of good people over there. Lots of damage near the Choo choo terminal also

:duh:

i knew that...:duh: lol
i meant that the older trip sheets had the work code number in the bottom (you know 3 for hook etc) i've only have had to use hook/drop and city work so far
anyways, talked to tm and yes i will get hourly pay for delivery and only 20 miles out of route
btw, does anybody know how hard 043 get hit?

Why only 20 miles? I think your TM is mistaken here. The cap for out of route miles due to HAZMAT is 20. If you go out of route due to a delivery, there is no cap.

Why only 20 miles? I think your TM is mistaken here. The cap for out of route miles due to HAZMAT is 20. If you go out of route due to a delivery, there is no cap.
Yep! He got @$$hammered a little. .... Speaking of @$$hammer. How bout it Elvis? I bet you'll get a stain in your buster browns on this one :biglaugh:

You might not be that far off. A code 10 = $20..... 45 miles out of route $24. .. 2 hours pay would equal pretty close to that amount at my barn.