R&L | Strawdog

strawdog

TB Lurker
Credits
It's a good bet that IF Senior knew how his drivers are being treated, he would put a stop to it fast. But, everything is kept from him. We have some of the best dispatchers you could ask for, but we also have some of the absolute worst. We also have some pretty bad office supervisors who come to work with a better than thou attitude and who treat you as though you were nothing. If you complain, you're told to find another job if you don't like it.

It's a good bet that IF Senior knew how his drivers are being treated, he would put a stop to it fast. But, everything is kept from him. We have some of the best dispatchers you could ask for, but we also have some of the absolute worst. We also have some pretty bad office supervisors who come to work with a better than thou attitude and who treat you as though you were nothing. If you complain, you're told to find another job if you don't like it.
He knows exactly whats going on.

He knows exactly whats going on.
Very true! If anyone thinks that Bob is the reason for all our problems your dead wrong. Do you actually think one man and his crew of misfits just came in one day and changed everything? So what you guys/gals are saying is Larry has been on a deserted island somewhere and has no clue whats been going on around his company? Or maybe Larry is going to fly in like superman and save us from Bob is that what your all hoping for? Guys wake up their all in the same bed running the company. Accept the facts and deal with it!

Very true! If anyone thinks that Bob is the reason for all our problems your dead wrong. Do you actually think one man and his crew of misfits just came in one day and changed everything? So what you guys/gals are saying is Larry has been on a deserted island somewhere and has no clue whats been going on around his company? Or maybe Larry is going to fly in like superman and save us from Bob is that what your all hoping for? Guys wake up their all in the same bed running the company. Accept the facts and deal with it!

i agree with this 100%
but most people dont think senior doesnt know what is going on. everything that goes on here he is very well aware of.
that is the bottom line here.

every terminal seams to have its own rules. I dont think larry sr knows what is going on every where.

you are right, but i think they meant the big decisions(personals, 401k etc).
as far as every terminal havings its own goofy rules and ways of doing business goes, you are right, their is no way he could know that.

You don't have to be a driver to be a good dispatcher. You have to be a person that can learn from the drivers when they tell you it can not be done in that time frame. Or the routing is way off. And know were your trucks are at. So you don't have them on top of each other. Take a look at the freight being loaded out. Make sure the freight will fit and be able to get off. I always have to go in and ask how do you exspect me to get it off. It is 2500-3000 lbs no dock and you have it in the nose. Oh yea and it is a 12 ft long. LOL Then they will say is you next to last stop have a dock? No. So now I must wait for the truck to unloaded and now the whole route is screwed up for the day. LOL Life of a P&D driver. But I look at it this way I am paid by the hour. If they want to cut cost look at the dispatchers and hold them to the fire. We can only move freight fast if we are given the tool to do it. A trailer loaded correctly.