Street Shots

It was fun but I wouldn't do it again.

Guardrail

I've driven over a couple of those. I went by Mount Rushmore on my way from Rapid City to Casper in my first year doing this gig.

10988578785_7cf4135277_b.jpg

I also went over Teton Pass on SR22 from Jackson, WY into Idaho once. As I was going up the grade I passed a sign that mentioned something about a maximum weight for trucks. I had a load of CAT gensets, and had already delivered about half of them, did a quick bit of math in my head, decided I was (barely) under the limit, and kept my right foot on the floor.

That is a twisty, steep hill.

I had come from Casper, where I had delivered one of the gensets, and came across on US20, US26 and US191. This was all after coming past the presidential sculptures in South Dakota.

Nice drive.

And some of our loads are jobsite delivery. Like way out in the sticks.

Like this horse pasture in Marietta, Oklahoma.

9794277946_a7cfdef67b_b.jpg

It was supposed to be some country music singer's horse barn.

And also in the downtown areas of major cities.

Like Dallas.

10988383125_94b75f1a40_b.jpg

Notice the rails in the street. There is a cable car line that runs through there every few minutes. The guys installing the wood fired pizza oven I was delivering here didn't want to get started until 9am or so. I told the guy there was no way I was driving into downtown Dallas at that hour and I would be there at 5am, and I was. Then they wanted to unload in street where the cable cars were whizzing by. I asked if they had a permit to shut the street down, and they looked at me like I was from Mars.

We unloaded on the side street, and I left.

Oh, and when they got the thing up the steps to the door they realized that even with the mullions removed the thing would not fit through it.

And downtown Austin.

10988388225_1dfc928ef3_b.jpg

The city hall and the police department is on the right, and a soon to open pizza joint on the left. Of course the guys installing the coal fired pizza oven I was delivering didn't get a permit to shut the street down, and some dope in a red Porsche called the cops, who showed up and wanted to act all tough, and all.

Fun, fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just before a downpour yesterday in Columbia TN. Had just got shopping done for my mom but didn't quite make it before the rain hit. I got soaked unloading the groceries.

They are there, I put the tracks in myself, also erected..hehe..the crossing lights and arms myself, its a hobby, I did it as a good deed for the city of Blythe, they awarded me the key to the city for it and bought me a 12 pack.

Annual meeting and banquet at our DC. I took my set down last night and will bring the loads back Sunday.

Guardrail

Enjoy Brother, our banquet was tons of fun, they put us up at the Embassy, big customer of ours, it was awesome fun, everyone got dressed up and brought their wives, I hope we do it again next year, those few that refused to go really missed out!