Strike April 3rd

Fuel Prices effect us all directly or indirectly .
directly #1 cost to fill auto to get to and from work.
#2cost to heat our homes
#3Less money available for everything else after paying #1 and #2

Indirectly#1 Energy prices passed on to (us) the consumer from manufacture and distribution of goods and services making these cost more.
#2 riseing prices to cover increased costs fuel inflation and slow the economy.
#3 oil is traded in US dollars .inflation (dollar worth less) means it takes more dollars on the world market this week to buy what you bought last week when the dollar was trading higher.

But a look on the bright side .A weak doller has worked to Canada's advantage for years .we are their largest trading partner .the USA buys almost everything they produce..... until our dollar is costing PAR ,the same or worse. the Canadians have trucked all over the continent with fuel subsidies from the Canadian Government .I doubt it can continue if we slow our buissness with them.
Lumber prices are at 10 year low with no bottom in sight. dumping to keep the Canadian mills working. Interesting times indeed.. we need hydrogen soon ..

Interesting ain't the word for it....

....its more like "The Perfect Storm" - all these things happening at the saem time - HOusing at its worst since they started tracking pricies and starts since 1989, Fuel hittting $4 a barrell, all products and services need to move on trucks which depends on inexpensive fuel, the interest rates keep getting cut so people can buy more which cause inflation, mfg moving off shore, and the dollar at record lows so some countries are considering making the Euro the world standard, we're in a quagmire in Iraq (not making a comment on the right or wrong of it - just it effects everyones attitude when u keep hearing about these kids dying everyday)....trucking bankruptcies up almost 20% January to january, Yellow closing parts of teh regional unit down, Vitran closes 20 terminals.....How longh does it take the "experts" in D.C. to say "recession"?!?! I may not be an economist - but I know my "personal" consumer confidence level is at an all time low!!!:duh::holysheep:

10-4 we need to take stock of the situation,and make some tough decisions ,forgo the foreign products and look for made in USA . take pride in what we do as a nation . Feed the world with grain ,nobody is better at growing grain than the USA . Make alternative fuels from excess grain .Build the next generation of superships in our shipyards .promote cotton fibers and lead the world in the development of natural and ecofreindly products like apparel and textiles for industry . look back in time and see what made this country great. so great that men and women were willing to die for their country. :USA:

What The...?

What the heck just happened to my reputationthat it dropped to a "-8"

SOmeone help me get some numbers on this board please....

i don't even know what happened - just glanced to the upper right and WHAMMY!!!:chairshot:

Points Deserved

What the heck just happened to my reputationthat it dropped to a "-8"

SOmeone help me get some numbers on this board please....

i don't even know what happened - just glanced to the upper right and WHAMMY!!!:chairshot:

:woot:Well, I think you deserve some plus points, Safety King. Do I hear a second?

One more thing: Why are we buying foreign oil @ $100 plus a barrel, and our domestic oil is being sold to foreign countries, like China? I know that the oil companies are entitled to sell their product to whomever they choose (with certain exceptions), but you would think they could at least take care of the country "that brung them to the dance" until these foreign suppliers cool it with their wild price increases.

Saw a piece in the paper the other day, where some of our capped wells were being re-opened, since the price is so high that it is economically feasible to turn them on again. How about all the mom-and-pop well-owners who have been forced to keep their wells dormant for many years, due to the high cost of retrieving oil in small quantities? Have we not passed the break-even point? I, for one, would rather pay high prices for domestic oil, and keep the money here in the USA, than to pander to a bunch of
Ragheads bent on our destruction.

Don't really have a problem with independant truckers calling for a strike.It's a vehicle however ineffectual to make a point and bring attention to their plight.I support them even though many of us have a contract that binds us to non-strike language. We are all still brothers and when we are divided we are conquered. Two more cents just from me that I took from my gasoline allowence for the week.

10-4 we need to take stock of the situation,and make some tough decisions ,forgo the foreign products and look for made in USA . take pride in what we do as a nation . Feed the world with grain ,nobody is better at growing grain than the USA . Make alternative fuels from excess grain .Build the next generation of superships in our shipyards .promote cotton fibers and lead the world in the development of natural and ecofreindly products like apparel and textiles for industry . look back in time and see what made this country great. so great that men and women were willing to die for their country. :USA:

I agree with Buy American.Must be kinda tough for you to have that stance when your supporting your family working for Wal-Mart,the largest importer of cheap chinese crap.If they went to only US sourced merchandise,you would be out of a job

wal-mart

we all have jobs to do to support a family or not. I work for Wal-Mart and Jevic is a Carrier for Wal-Mart .That is what you and I do to Pay the mortgage . But we can decide what to buy any where we spend our money.If more people were concerned about buying American Wal-Mart would be also ....Have you ever heard the term "You are what You eat" ? well just pay attention as to what we buy from Wal-Mart ,Costco,Target, Meyers, Tracktor City,Cabellas,Sears,K-Mart,and any other retailer that you can think of .If we start looking for made in America on the Products we purchase from all the above,thats what they will buy to sell us again :smilie_132: