ABF | Strike Votes at ABF

Train needs to get back down and practice stopping for stop signs, don't need you stop sign violators worrying about us Teamsters.
Seriously though if ArcBest knows what’s good for them they won’t let this go into strike mode. They will lose a lot of market share to the non-union carriers. And that would devastate the bottom line. The sales reps even now are playing on this. FedEx, XPO, Estes and SAIA are just waiting to swoop in and grab ABF’s customers. You guys do have some leverage here but you need to remember it’s a double edged sword.

Last edited:
Seriously though if ArcBest knows what’s good for them they won’t let this go into strike mode. They will lose a lot of market share to the non-union carriers. And that would devastate the bottom line. The sales reps even now are playing on this. FedEx, XPO, Estes and SAIA are just waiting to swoop in and grab ABF’s customers. You guys do have some leverage here but you need to remember it’s a double edged sword.
Your kiddin? Happens every contract.

Funny how mad everyone gets when somebody disagrees. The way I see it, everyone can get pissed as much as they want. Fact is, the older ones and retirees are getting pissed that the actual worker isn't getting on board to fund this broke pension that'll be insolvent for the ones working now. So it's pretty selfish for you say f-em and strike. Might as well say " f-you fellow teamster and new hires, I don't want you to have any retirement "
If this company can’t afford to start paying us what we’re worth, then they should be run out of the industry. They need me more than I need the welfare checks. You can pretend, but you know as well as I, the pay isn’t all that great anymore. Yes, F em x2!

How do you go on strike when they approved the concessions? Another dumb comment? Seems to be a running theme with you.
I think it was Yellow Freight and Roadway Express back then? Wake up down there in Greenbow, AL.. maybe it will be ABFYRC? alphabet soup?

I think it was Yellow Freight and Roadway Express back then? Wake up down there in Greenbow, AL.. maybe it will be ABFYRC? alphabet soup?
Boys....there will be NO strike if we vote 100% against their offer, the YRC offer was voted down twice and the same old song, we can't authorize a strike, they'll have to close the doors. Now ABF, they're ripe to be sold off and are the IBT's cash cow, and even down here in Greenbow we know they ain't gonna slaughter that heifer, but if you think life's so great over at Fed Ex or OD or XPO well even ole YRC will beat them rat holes.

How do you go on strike when they approved the concessions? Another dumb comment? Seems to be a running theme with you.
They were voted down twice....NO STRIKE AUTHORIZED! And if I remember correctly the first vote was up around 80% against with over 70% vote participation. KK may have the archive somewhere? After that, we saw the writing on the wall...cried...and went back to work after burning sick leave, etc...those of us left, and oh, by the way....no wildcat walk-out either, seems folks like to pay their bills, even if they have to do it with 15% less money. However, there were about 40% that eventually got laid off or found something else and moved on.

Last edited:
They were voted down twice....NO STRIKE AUTHORIZED! And if I remember correctly the first vote was up around 80% against with over 70% vote participation. KK may have the archive somewhere? After that, we saw the writing on the wall...cried...and went back to work after burning sick leave, etc...those of us left, and oh, by the way....no wildcat walk-out either, seems folks like to pay their bills, even if they have to do it with 15% less money. However, there were about 40% that eventually got laid off or found something else and moved on.
You guys still voted for the MOU. Your not worth talking to. Your burning sick days for what? There was no strike. Vote no until you strike. That simple. Quit your tough talk.

Wild cat strike ??? when is the last time anybody has done that?? And how long do you think that would last???? Good grief man act like you know what your talking about, just look what it took in the carhaul contract over 16 months 2 voted down before they came to their senses and yes it was stated on the ballot for the last vote IF WE VOTED IT DOWN WE WOULD BE ON STRIKE did it happen NO did we that a beat down contract NO did they cut our HW&P NO did we gain in ever year of the contract YES . the only bitch I had was the signing boner at ratifcation. Ok rant over back to regular broadcasting now

You guys still voted for the MOU. Your not worth talking to. Your burning sick days for what? There was no strike. Vote no until you strike. That simple. Quit your tough talk.
Ok, never mind, guess we'll be on the picket line soon...and yes...the YRC contract got re-opened before it expired....and the Union allowed that to happen....we didn't get a vote on that!

Ok, never mind, guess we'll be on the picket line soon...and yes...the YRC contract got re-opened before it expired....and the Union allowed that to happen....we didn't get a vote on that!
Yes you did. You could have voted the MOU down but you guys didn’t. The union gave you guys the choice. No one forced YRC teamsters to take the MOU. ABF teamsters voted down the very same MOU proposal.

Yes you did. You could have voted the MOU down but you guys didn’t. The union gave you guys the choice. No one forced YRC teamsters to take the MOU. ABF teamsters voted down the very same MOU proposal.
YRC was less than 90 days from bankruptcy and the lawyers told the Union unless the contract was re-opened the notes would be called and YRC would cease operations. The MOU was rejected, and meetings were held and our Union officials brought the figures to us and said it was going to have to be done.
The "banks" not YRC were now in control of the bargaining. To continue to float the loans "we" were going to have to pay the interest. The Union kept asking for more time and kept voting on it until it passed. Although ABF made a case that they were put in an "unfair" position, and rightfully so, they were marginally profitable and the Union gave them a vote, and the courts threw out their case. I still believe even though there were many casualties, our Union is still better able to bargain with YRC still in operation, and hopefully next year their contract can be restored to a higher standard.

YRC was less than 90 days from bankruptcy and the lawyers told the Union unless the contract was re-opened the notes would be called and YRC would cease operations. The MOU was rejected, and meetings were held and our Union officials brought the figures to us and said it was going to have to be done.
The "banks" not YRC were now in control of the bargaining. To continue to float the loans "we" were going to have to pay the interest. The Union kept asking for more time and kept voting on it until it passed. Although ABF made a case that they were put in an "unfair" position, and rightfully so, they were marginally profitable and the Union gave them a vote, and the courts threw out their case. I still believe even though there were many casualties, our Union is still better able to bargain with YRC still in operation, and hopefully next year their contract can be restored to a higher standard.
Like I said. YRC Teamsters voted for it.

YRC 90 days from bankruptcy ?? was all LIES to cut wages & control the union sheep !! yrc has plenty of money ,just look at all the Bonuses and free stock awards they give out !! 2019 Pay the rate or Lock the Gate period .............................................................

YRC 90 days from bankruptcy ?? was all LIES to cut wages & control the union sheep !! yrc has plenty of money ,just look at all the Bonuses and free stock awards they give out !! 2019 Pay the rate or Lock the Gate period .............................................................
YRC Corporation at the end of 2009 was on the brink of bankruptcy.
YRC reported a net loss of $976 million for its 2008 fiscal year. In 2009 it again reported a net loss of $622 million. Towards the end of 2009, YRC narrowly averted having to file for bankruptcy protection by successfully persuading its bondholders to exchange their $470 million in bond notes for roughly 94% of the company’s shares. Concurrent with more recent manufacturing sector growth and recovery, since the fourth quarter of 2009, YRC has again been approaching a net positive balance sheet.[3]Nonetheless its share price declined in year 2010 more than 80%, raising in 2011 suspicions of Death spiral financing.[4] In September 2011 the company completed a financial restructuring that has essentially wiped out any shareholder equity.[5] All employees, Teamsters included, took massive pay cuts in order to keep YRC in business.

Last edited:
ma7UA1s.jpg