XPO | Strike

beerfd

TB Veteran
Credits
I hear the Laredo (LLA) wants to launch some sort of "de facto" strike or work stoppage. ( i hope i'm using the correct terminology here).

The problem, you ask; They are not happy about the fact that they did not get the good raise like some of us did. And they move a LOT of freight through LLA. 90% to and from Mexico.

I said from the start, that the company would mess this up (the pay increase), and they did. They are going to have to fix it.

I agree with you But will they do it fast enough soon enough they still need to fix the over time fiasco as well it's not fair the north gets it and we don't either even up the playing Field or face more and more negativity its not going away they can't keep sweeping **** under the carpet like it don't exist they want us to take these Bloody Surveys yet they don't listen to a damned thing anyone puts on them I am tired of doing damn Surveys for what is swept under the table like it don't matter its just some damn BS they do to make it seem like they give a damn !!!

I hear the Laredo (LLA) wants to launch some sort of "de facto" strike or work stoppage. ( i hope i'm using the correct terminology here).

The problem, you ask; They are not happy about the fact that they did not get the good raise like some of us did. And they move a LOT of freight through LLA. 90% to and from Mexico.

I said from the start, that the company would mess this up (the pay increase), and they did. They are going to have to fix it.

You called it. And like usual it was far worse then we could have imagined.

Only people sitting at a desk completely disconnected from reality could have expected this " raise " to have been well received.

I hope those guys all sit. And I hope management comes out and fires them all. Gives them the motivation to do better with their life and license.

The company will probably just outsource the operation. Sure as hell ain't gonna be able to replace all them drivers.

I am out of a big barn that got all the perks and we had a handful jump after this mess.

And even though we have a " neck down " job with OT after eight. There ain't a one of us that isn't looking.

Because the trend is not favorable to remain here for very long. You'd have to be a fool to buy whatever these guys are selling.

That ship sailed along time ago, having said that Con/Way employees should be getting used to this kind of treatment, and I think some even like getting screwed by Con/Way at least they act like it!:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:****

I know that NNC planned a sick out in protest. They had a meeting planned on a Sunday to discuss what they were going to do. Management caught wind of it and told the drivers if they had the meeting they would fire the drivers involved. I though it was a load of ****, what drivers talk about together on the weekend is none of management's business. Corporate has been to NNC 3 times in the past month and a half because of all the complaints about the terminal manager. He was the Atlanta regional manager and got demoted, yet again apparently, but he still has a job. Why? Because he knows where all the bodies are buried. He knows too much about too many in power.

Bottom line is y'all need to do something or they're gonna keep walking all over you.

I know that NNC planned a sick out in protest. They had a meeting planned on a Sunday to discuss what they were going to do. Management caught wind of it and told the drivers if they had the meeting they would fire the drivers involved. I though it was a load of ****, what drivers talk about together on the weekend is none of management's business. Corporate has been to NNC 3 times in the past month and a half because of all the complaints about the terminal manager. He was the Atlanta regional manager and got demoted, yet again apparently, but he still has a job. Why? Because he knows where all the bodies are buried. He knows too much about too many in power.

Bottom line is y'all need to do something or they're gonna keep walking all over you.

Which raise did Norcross get? I really don't know..just asking.

Those kind of threats and bullying tactics generally lead to a group of men " having a talk " with that one man.

Amazing how quickly someone can feel so small. If you know all the secrets it's only a matter of time until you become one of the secrets yourself.

I am a little surprised there hasn't been more protest or opposition to some stuff like this. But a lot of the people that feel the strongest have simply left.

It's difficult to be motivated when you don't feel there is anything left worth fighting for.

I heard NBM was planning a drivers meeting. There was fliers put on drivers cars in the parking lot. FOS went out and removed them. Possibly union talk

I heard NBM was planning a drivers meeting. There was fliers put on drivers cars in the parking lot. FOS went out and removed them. Possibly union talk

I would have to believe the southern boys are past lit up. Not only did they not get evened up, the gap was widened significantly. And it don't look like there will be any change.

If they cut wages or take away OT in the big markets. This company might just become a booking agency. To many opportunities. People will jump. They have already proved that.

Bunches of guys with a lot of years jumped at the drop of a hat for a better opportunity.

Really. Is it worth meetings and threats ? When you can just fill out an application ?

This is not a typical recession. There are actually many jobs out there.

And then once "you jump" you will find yourself at this point again on the next ship. The blue collar worker in this market is crapped on. When i hear of a manager get canned on any of the threads on any companies page, Well, i almost just want to get up and dance :)))))

And then once "you jump" you will find yourself at this point again on the next ship. The blue collar worker in this market is crapped on. When i hear of a manager get canned on any of the threads on any companies page, Well, i almost just want to get up and dance :)))))

not really, od already start people at your highest salary driver and the dispatcher are just wife beaters.

People ain't leaving for Central Transport. They are going to OD and UPS. Mostly.

Around here even just pulling containers has become competitive.

Local management ain't much different than us. They hear the same garbage and get treated like garbage too.

We drivers just make much more money than they do.

not really, od already start people at your highest salary driver and the dispatcher are just wife beaters.

Its all the same crap at every outfit. The only differnce is a different color truck and a different crew of whiners. It all depends on how you look at it. Awhile back i tried to get on at conway, but they wouldnt hire me bcuz i had a discharge on my employment part 8 years ago. But upsf had no problem with it.its funny how things work out. Heck back in 2006 Saia wouldnt hire me bcuz i had a moving violation in my personal vehicle. Lol

the rest of us did not get a good pay raise!!! Chicagoland boys got a 6 percent, in out district we got a two percent, some northern terminels will see what they get at the end of each quarter! some terminels out west got three bucks. yes it is very unfair. but like always(in the past 8 years) the unfairness will continue. also the new hired dockworkers(fulltime) get o.t. after 50 hours. the partmers still get it after 40. the whole thing is getting people really pissed. many many are quiting or retiring.

the rest of us did not get a good pay raise!!! Chicagoland boys got a 6 percent, in out district we got a two percent, some northern terminels will see what they get at the end of each quarter! some terminels out west got three bucks. yes it is very unfair. but like always(in the past 8 years) the unfairness will continue. also the new hired dockworkers(fulltime) get o.t. after 50 hours. the partmers still get it after 40. the whole thing is getting people really pissed. many many are quiting or retiring.

Wouldnt that be great, if conway and fedex organized at the same time. Oh crap i just seen a pig flying lol

80832975.jpg

Its all the same crap at every outfit. The only differnce is a different color truck and a different crew of whiners. It all depends on how you look at it. Awhile back i tried to get on at conway, but they wouldnt hire me bcuz i had a discharge on my employment part 8 years ago. But upsf had no problem with it.its funny how things work out. Heck back in 2006 Saia wouldnt hire me bcuz i had a moving violation in my personal vehicle. Lol

Yeah, conway misses out on a lot of good drivers because of that stupid rule. We had a guy several years back that got arrested for DUI and lost his license..so obviously he couldn't drive..I don't know what happened with the DUI, but last I heard he is at upsf in Dallas. crazy huh?