1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS Stuff I Just Like

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Magoo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Is that the same country where during the Urkel years every high ranking dimm had a kid working for some Ukrainian energy company for a huge salary?

kantgetryte and Big Dave like this.
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

3. Magoo

4. Magoo

Hey what do ya know a Republican from the South

5. Magoo

Your Russian buddies

U.N. Query on Syria Hospital Bombings May Be Undermined by Russia Pressure, Limited Scope
    The United Nations is investigating attacks on seven humanitarian sites in Syria. Diplomats say Russia is trying to keep the U.N. findings secret.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/...79f80eb1c4b6ad7c&regi_id=80244574tion=topNews

e aerial bombings of hospitals in rebel areas of Syria have long stood out as possible war crimes, so brazen that the leader of the United Nations ordered a special inquiry three months ago, raising hope of some accountability.

But with evidence accumulating that the Syrian government’s Russian allies are responsible for some of those bombings, the opposite appears to be happening.

The scope of the inquiry has so far been limited to just seven sites among the many targeted, according to an internal United Nations document seen by The New York Times.

At the same time, diplomats say Russia has been pressing the global organization’s leader, Secretary General António Guterres, not to release the conclusions of even this narrow inquiry.

6. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    I wonder why the UN hasn't started a query before this, it's nothing new, Assad has been doing it from the beginning, it's that pesky Arab spring thingy again isn't it.

Big Dave likes this.
  7. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Assad’s father used to wipe out whole villages of trouble makers then salt the land.

8. Magoo

:biglaugh:
    [​IMG]

Rastus likes this.
  9. Rastus

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]

Big Dave and kantgetryte like this.
  10. Magoo

Looks like an improvement to me

Splitting wood is one of the least favorite tasks of woodstove owners, and even for people who are just chopping for a decorative fireplace or pit, it gets unfun very rapidly. The repetitive motion and high amount of energy required are demanding, and the concussive force from blow after blow can really set a pair of shoulders aching. As if that wasn't bad enough, you have to wrench the axe out of the wood if it doesn't split on the first try ... and there's always the risk of injury.

The basic shape and design of the axe hasn't changed in, well, millennia, as attested to by archaeological discoveries from around the world. At least, that was true until an enterprising Finn decided to rethink the way we chop wood.

DCM_Doc and Big Dave like this.
  11. Magoo

12. Magoo

13. Rastus

Driver Since:

kboomarang likes this.
  14. Magoo

15. Magoo

Military leaders had conveyed to the President that a presidential pardon could potentially damage the integrity of the military judicial system, the ability of military leaders to ensure good order and discipline, and the confidence of US allies and partners who host US troops

[​IMG]
    About this website

cnn.com

Trump ignores Pentagon advice and intervenes in military war crimes cases

16. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I still enjoy splitting wood, it keeps a body in shape until you eventually wear out your back & shoulder. I gave in last year & bought a Troy Bilt log splitter. After regular visits to my chiropractor I finally admitted my body is not now that of a young man. I used the splitter yesterday for large blocks I should have left in the woods. I no longer have to prove my manhood by cutting the largest tree on my land when there are more smaller trees than I will ever use in my lifetime.

Magoo likes this.
  17. Magoo

Still with the splitter you need to pick it up and put it on the machine then pick them up afterward. Hard, hard work no matter how you do it. Alright to do a little to keep limber but too much will bring on the back problems for me. Nice to look at the fire though, but for heat I like my central unit :438:.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  18. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said, "cut your own wood & it will warm you twice".

Magoo likes this.
  19. Magoo

I think it's good exercise for a person if they have kept in shape with regular exercise but just going at it one day might bring on a heart attack. Like the people you hear about every year dropping dead shoveling snow. Easy does it.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  20. kboomarang

Driver Since: