Yellow | Stupidity

Yrcer

TB Lurker
Credits
local 170 Worcester ma. Union meeting today pertaining to change of opps.They had zero information terminal manager has zero information.This is a freaking debacle they will layoff 10 of our drivers so a terminal 50 miles away is taking our freight 10 miles away.Stupid stupid stupid

local 170 Worcester ma. Union meeting today pertaining to change of opps.They had zero information terminal manager has zero information.This is a freaking debacle they will layoff 10 of our drivers so a terminal 50 miles away is taking our freight 10 miles away.Stupid stupid stupid
Same in Scranton. Absolutely clueless

They are cutting 10 at our job in NJ. We are losing work to another terminal and they said we can't follow the work. Our union put a grievance in. This company is alienating the work force but they've been doing that for over 15 years if not longer.

They are cutting 10 at our job in NJ. We are losing work to another terminal and they said we can't follow the work. Our union put a grievance in. This company is alienating the work force but they've been doing that for over 15 years if not longer.
This is the same as everything they do.
If employees voice concerns or ideas they get ignored, and treated like the enemy.
You can’t follow work that improves your commute
they lay guys off and have the balls to say they will hire from the outside.
If they were able to hire they wouldn’t need to be losing tons of money on a travel program.
Their Losing tons of customers .

It’s not the plan but the way it’s being implemented that may very well kill this pig.

Maybe another 10 May be laid off soon at 820/829/830 terminals idk why we have same roster and 2 different locations actually 3, Fontana ca, Bloomington ca and Adelanto ca share the same roster for me that is stupid too.

Maybe another 10 May be laid off soon at 820/829/830 terminals idk why we have same roster and 2 different locations actually 3, Fontana ca, Bloomington ca and Adelanto ca share the same roster for me that is stupid too.
Brother, yes I see that you don't have much whiskers at this terminals, you don't know anything about seniority fairness. In order to open your mouth, you have to know where and how everything started.
If you could see it from the top you wouldn't be open your mouth.
Make some research about it and keep learning.
:chairshot:

Yup guys with as much as 20 years have been screwed ie: merging roadway dovetailing terminal it’s the yellow guys who have takin it on the chin.
Just the opposite here RDWY took the hit.
Sure glad I got a contract that spells it out how this happens.
So it's not decided under the boss's desk.

Brother, yes I see that you don't have much whiskers at this terminals, you don't know anything about seniority fairness. In order to open your mouth, you have to know where and how everything started.
If you could see it from the top you wouldn't be open your mouth.
Make some research about it and keep learning.
:chairshot:
3 terminals? No wonder Yellow can’t keep drivers. I don’t need a lot of whiskers to know how screwed up this company is. I tried leaving already recently but how economy is right now, it’s not the time. I know a lot about yellow because family worked there when it was good and some retired right before everyone got screwed. This company works backwards.

3 terminals? No wonder Yellow can’t keep drivers. I don’t need a lot of whiskers to know how screwed up this company is. I tried leaving already recently but how economy is right now, it’s not the time. I know a lot about yellow because family worked there when it was good and some retired right before everyone got screwed. This company works backwards.
Brother, again do some research to know how we got to this point. Union and company agreed to this, it is not something that Yellow imposed and is done.
Union did the best to protect teamsters from unfairness to company proposals and at the end is what we have. We've been like four or five times to similar situations before.
Trust me, we have lost or screwed in some of the proposals, but for this area has to be this way in a way that seniority prevails. Imagine 3 terminals doesn't change a thing if there was one big terminal, still one seniority roster.
I understand all the stories of the past, but what we can do about it?
As a union member, the only hope we have is that the new union representatives do a better job for the next contract and be ready to strike if necessary.
:couch:

Brother, again do some research to know how we got to this point. Union and company agreed to this, it is not something that Yellow imposed and is done.
Union did the best to protect teamsters from unfairness to company proposals and at the end is what we have. We've been like four or five times to similar situations before.
Trust me, we have lost or screwed in some of the proposals, but for this area has to be this way in a way that seniority prevails. Imagine 3 terminals doesn't change a thing if there was one big terminal, still one seniority roster.
As a union member, the only hope we have is that the new union representatives do a better job for the next contract and be ready to strike if necessary.
Next contract ?
If the International don’t protect members on this COO proposal there might be a next contract.

Well whoever it is the whole company and union is running backwards with this company. Someone took all the money or aren’t spending wisely that’s why this company sucks. IF union can protects us all and really strike which at this rate we might not reach next contract. Estes is taking over Home Depot because I’m sure we damage their freight and is always late even though it’s all treated as E-time, Walmart is starting to move their own that’s why they hired drivers by raising their wages to $100k/year wow mean while us at 8 hours we probably only get $60k yeah ot makes a little difference. Point is yellow can’t keep up and all because of $$$$. Yellow wants to give themselves $10million bonus pools or more instead of taking care of their employees or retain them at least haha.

Home Depot comes and Home Depot goes...been like that since they opened the first store.
Deliver their freight each day
No trap it
Only want this item in nose of trap trailer at 2:00 am.
Let Estes have it... Who's next ?

Well whoever it is the whole company and union is running backwards with this company. Someone took all the money or aren’t spending wisely that’s why this company sucks. IF union can protects us all and really strike which at this rate we might not reach next contract. Estes is taking over Home Depot because I’m sure we damage their freight and is always late even though it’s all treated as E-time, Walmart is starting to move their own that’s why they hired drivers by raising their wages to $100k/year wow mean while us at 8 hours we probably only get $60k yeah ot makes a little difference. Point is yellow can’t keep up and all because of $$$$. Yellow wants to give themselves $10million bonus pools or more instead of taking care of their employees or retain them at least haha.
Walmart drivers ain’t driving just 8 hours a day for their 100k and not all get that

If a manager from one of the companies says, "It is getting better" "We expected bumps" "We are applying lessons learned in the east". They are lying or do not know any better. We do not know how to fix it and are only hoping it gets better. If some of your brothers come back from the west with horror stories. Believe them. #FirethePres #VoteNo

Last edited: