Holland | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

Team486 Sorry I misread and no, you didnt use the "quit" word but "your surprised that the mighty holland would do this to you? screw this place, close the doors, its a dead end. and it has been sever since yellow bought us" by You is no ringing endorsement. I am surprised you are still here or even more so, why are you still here?

Mudpuppy: Hats off for your preserverance ...to answer your question IMO, enough is enough when one can walk away to a better job

It is hard to believe that so many people are willing to vote no on this plan. if you vote no you are voting yourself right out of a job, and last time i checked jobs are hard to come by right know. unless you found some magical job fairy at one of the halls. trust me i think it sucks but i would rather have a job then be standing in line. you have to right to vote which ever way you choose but just consider everyone else you will be hurting. i am in sales for Holland and have no say in what goes on but i am one of the people that will be out in the cold with you if the doors close. i have a family to support and i am sure a lot of you do also, so how can you look into their eyes and tell them i am going to vote no on this plan and will loose my job. trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is, but now is not the time to call the bluff. you have to trust that the new management that will be coming in returns us to that glory, we just have togive them the chance. the financing will be there at the end of the year because a long term solution is in place, and we would have you to thank, but just remeber, we will close our doors if this does not pass. please i beg of you do the right thing and let us move on from all this crap and go out there and take down the non-union competition.

It is hard to believe that so many people are willing to vote no on this plan. if you vote no you are voting yourself right out of a job, and last time i checked jobs are hard to come by right know. unless you found some magical job fairy at one of the halls. trust me i think it sucks but i would rather have a job then be standing in line. you have to right to vote which ever way you choose but just consider everyone else you will be hurting. i am in sales for Holland and have no say in what goes on but i am one of the people that will be out in the cold with you if the doors close. i have a family to support and i am sure a lot of you do also, so how can you look into their eyes and tell them i am going to vote no on this plan and will loose my job. trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is, but now is not the time to call the bluff. you have to trust that the new management that will be coming in returns us to that glory, we just have togive them the chance. the financing will be there at the end of the year because a long term solution is in place, and we would have you to thank, but just remeber, we will close our doors if this does not pass. please i beg of you do the right thing and let us move on from all this crap and go out there and take down the non-union competition.
Absolutely (CORRECT) I am a New Penn employee I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what new managment? what part of they cant make a dime dont you understand? more financing just means more money that is hemmoraged from there worthless business operations. forget it salesman, its over, they had their chance to turn it around and they were not interested in doing so with my 650.00 week give backs. now all of a sudden we here from useless conway ware and his cronie j rogers. what a joke, ware is one of the problems here, he should have been gone at the first give back.he turned us into a breakbulk operation and now wants us to run like conway. screw them. shuter down and i will walk away with some dignity as you should too.

apparently you dont pay attention. bill z, mike smid and others are leaving, and new management will be in place. there are investors out there willing to put the money up to finance us through they just want to see a long term agreement. i am sorry to hear about your 650 a week but i have lost just as much. when you look at everything that i have lost it s about 30%, 15% pay no vacation paying for gas to drive around and secure business. like i said let me know how much you loose when you are on unemployment, and let me know how you get your dignity to pay your bills.

When is everyone gonna wake up? This is a good buddy agreement with the company and the union brass to keep all their well paying jobs. Can you believe what these union"brothers" make? They are making3,4,5 times as much as I am and asking me to take another hit. It leaves us no future people. Wake up!!! 25 % of 2009 rates for pension!!! Forget thirty and out, how about 120 and out!! Anyone plan on living that long? There is no future if we vote no?? There is no future if we vote yes!!!! Wake up people!!! I am listening to the recording of the conference call as I type...brothers they keep calling us!!! There is nothing farther from the truth, these guys are as much as a union brother to me as the Chinese turds that fill up our wonderful Walmart stores. Stand up for what is right and vote no. Call the bluff!!

My vote is a big No also.It is for all the bad management we have here at Holland and at yrc.It has been over for a while!It has just been on life support and now it's time to pull the plug.By the way I sure am glad I have my CDL.Trucking companies are always hiring truck drivers,and someone has to move all this freight that the yrcw companies is hauling.

When is everyone gonna wake up? This is a good buddy agreement with the company and the union brass to keep all their well paying jobs. Can you believe what these union"brothers" make? They are making3,4,5 times as much as I am and asking me to take another hit. It leaves us no future people. Wake up!!! 25 % of 2009 rates for pension!!! Forget thirty and out, how about 120 and out!! Anyone plan on living that long? There is no future if we vote no?? There is no future if we vote yes!!!! Wake up people!!! I am listening to the recording of the conference call as I type...brothers they keep calling us!!! There is nothing farther from the truth, these guys are as much as a union brother to me as the Chinese turds that fill up our wonderful Walmart stores. Stand up for what is right and vote no. Call the bluff!!
Well said,I could not agree more!:biggrin:

My vote is a big No also.It is for all the bad management we have here at Holland and at yrc.It has been over for a while!It has just been on life support and now it's time to pull the plug.By the way I sure am glad I have my CDL.Trucking companies are always hiring truck drivers,and someone has to move all this freight that the yrcw companies is hauling.

Exactly!! Voting this in is pretty much turning us into a non union company anyway. If we have to go elsewhere to make a living, I will do it with my head held high knowing that I didn't vote to help them with their buddy system. I don't care about the union officials, I care about my union brothers. You can earn money with poor benefits anywhere. If YRC folded, the freight will be somewhere, and so will jobs. If you think another company would rather have someone right out of driving school with no experience over you, you are wrong. If you have a good work/driving record you will work. Call the bluff!!!I will not vote to give away what so many men fought to get us!!

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently you dont pay attention. bill z, mike smid and others are leaving, and new management will be in place.
One of us is wrong. I read that Mike Smidt (sp) was the possible successor to Zollars. Don't be so sure that he is going anywhere. Not to mention that they have had two full years to correct their stupidity in the operations, which would have been easy, but they have elected not to. So I'm done funding their stupidity.

Management will say anything right now to get a yes vote.I fill bad for some of them,but I know more of the that will stab their own brother in the back.It's time to mark the box No

What I find comical is that there are some people here (Management and employees) that have been screwing up this company(mgt.) and screwing this company out of every minute that they could for most of their career (emp.) and now all of the sudden when the company is in dire straits, they have become spokesmen for keeping the company in business. WTF? Did they think that for all of these years that they were robbing the company blind, they were NOT hurting the company? Did management think that when they watched the worthless employees robbing the company blind, but didn't have the gonads to correct the problem, that at some point the well would run dry? Why didn't the clock thieves and nutless management do their job in the past? Maybe if they would have, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in. Don't get me wrong, some employees have been messed with so much that they have good reason to retaliate by dragging their feet. But, it just seems hypocritical for the poor performers and management that didn't have the skills needed to supervise, now becoming cheerleaders all of the sudden. Many of them didn't even clean up their act after we began the first concessions. But, now faced with closure...they care?

I purposely didn't bother to blame the reckless spending from Zollars and Corporate because this post would be 5 pages long. I know that they are mostly at fault. But, none of us seem to want to take the blame, and some of us know who they are.

The whole point is that we either refuse to see the error of our ways, or we are just hypocrite's.

what new managment? what part of they cant make a dime dont you understand? more financing just means more money that is hemmoraged from there worthless business operations. forget it salesman, its over, they had their chance to turn it around and they were not interested in doing so with my 650.00 week give backs. now all of a sudden we here from useless conway ware and his cronie j rogers. what a joke, ware is one of the problems here, he should have been gone at the first give back.he turned us into a breakbulk operation and now wants us to run like conway. screw them. shuter down and i will walk away with some dignity as you should too.
You will also have unemployment and state aid for tuition, with this giveback you can't take a loa unless you are going to a union employer in teamsters retirement fund. I like my options with the no vote better.

:LMAO:
apparently you dont pay attention. bill z, mike smid and others are leaving, and new management will be in place. there are investors out there willing to put the money up to finance us through they just want to see a long term agreement. i am sorry to hear about your 650 a week but i have lost just as much. when you look at everything that i have lost it s about 30%, 15% pay no vacation paying for gas to drive around and secure business. like i said let me know how much you loose when you are on unemployment, and let me know how you get your dignity to pay your bills.

Zollars leaving,much too little ,way to late!! And how much is his golden parachute worth? Seven,eight million dollars?

:LMAO:

Zollars leaving,much too little ,way to late!! And how much is his golden parachute worth? Seven,eight million dollars?

That's the really sad part this POS and his clan DESTROYED how many family's lives and futures and walks away with countless millions.

It is was it is. This constant going back and forth with how you should vote is just nonsense. When you get your ballot, find a mirror and take a hard look at yourself, and then mark your ballot. After you have marked that ballot and you can look at yourself in that mirror, then you know you did the right thing. Good luck to all my brothers and sisters.

It is was it is. This constant going back and forth with how you should vote is just nonsense. When you get your ballot, find a mirror and take a hard look at yourself, and then mark your ballot. After you have marked that ballot and you can look at yourself in that mirror, then you know you did the right thing. Good luck to all my brothers and sisters.

yep, and make sure its a no vote.

I am painfully aware that this is not the place it was when it was Holland Motor freight or even TNT Holland. The reason for that is Ole Yeller. Holand is not in charge here, the top man in the Holland, MI whitehouse still has to answer to someone at YRCW. I wonder if Holland even had anyone at the negotiating table when this pile of garbage was put together. I am just as pissed as you, I simply asked why you didn't place blame on the ones who really brought this on us, YRCW and the IBT?
Where do you think mr. rogers came from you moron, or should I say maroon.

and share with us where you are now working team486....take the lead of your own advice and see who follows :-) How can anyone advice or suggest others quit or leave without so doing themselves??
I was planning on utilizing the loa to see what I could find, but the way I read this latest moa it has to be to go to a teamtser co. contributing to the pension fund again. I have more to gain by voting no. If they close I get unemployment while I look. The company say's if your going to vote no why not just vote yes and quit. If they shut down (which they will eventually) I get unmeployment. If I quit I get nothing.