Holland | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

It is hard to believe that so many people are willing to vote no on this plan. if you vote no you are voting yourself right out of a job, and last time i checked jobs are hard to come by right know. unless you found some magical job fairy at one of the halls. trust me i think it sucks but i would rather have a job then be standing in line. you have to right to vote which ever way you choose but just consider everyone else you will be hurting. i am in sales for Holland and have no say in what goes on but i am one of the people that will be out in the cold with you if the doors close. i have a family to support and i am sure a lot of you do also, so how can you look into their eyes and tell them i am going to vote no on this plan and will loose my job. trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is, but now is not the time to call the bluff. you have to trust that the new management that will be coming in returns us to that glory, we just have togive them the chance. the financing will be there at the end of the year because a long term solution is in place, and we would have you to thank, but just remeber, we will close our doors if this does not pass. please i beg of you do the right thing and let us move on from all this crap and go out there and take down the non-union competition.
If your in sales then you haven't been here very long, yrc drove them put 5 years ago. I think you are recent and indoctrinated in the yrc mindset. I have a cdl/w hazmat and almost 20 yrs experience in this. If yrc shut it all down it will be upto the judge how things will go, and someone will be moving the freight. They will appreciate the drivers experience and don't waste your time telling me nonunion won't hire union drivers because I can prove you wrong on that also. How many jobs do you think will be out there for coo's pres.'s vp's and sales ect. I think management know's they are in a worse position than drivers, but trying to use doom & gloom to save there own sorry a$$ jobs because they don't have the balls to stand up and say yrc you bought it, broke it, and found out the customers have said we aren't moving it to you. There are other carriers out there that offer better service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been doing this for a lot longer then you think, so spare me with your 20 years experience garbage. you are right the freight will have to move some how but that doesnt mean you will be moving with it. i am sure that non union carrier will enjoy having a person of your great experience joining them so see ya round. if it so much better whats holding you here, oh yeah thats right a good pay check that is better then unemployment and decent benefits. no one is keeping you here but yourself. also i guess you really didnt read what i wrote so here i will wirte it again--trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is....hang on i have to pick my balls up. a no vote means we will close the doors but you will have your pride. let me know how that prides pays your bills, all i know is your pride wont heat my house for my family this winter. the worst thing is that while you have your pride the customers are the ones who suffer, because HMES has the best service out there right now. thats why i am winning freight left and right from other carriers.

I have been doing this for a lot longer then you think, so spare me with your 20 years experience garbage. you are right the freight will have to move some how but that doesnt mean you will be moving with it. i am sure that non union carrier will enjoy having a person of your great experience joining them so see ya round. if it so much better whats holding you here, oh yeah thats right a good pay check that is better then unemployment and decent benefits. no one is keeping you here but yourself. also i guess you really didnt read what i wrote so here i will wirte it again--trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is....hang on i have to pick my balls up. a no vote means we will close the doors but you will have your pride. let me know how that prides pays your bills, all i know is your pride wont heat my house for my family this winter. the worst thing is that while you have your pride the customers are the ones who suffer, because HMES has the best service out there right now. thats why i am winning freight left and right from other carriers.
Sounds like you have as much of a debt ratio as yrcw. Money isn't the only thing that makes a good job.

I think management know's they are in a worse position than drivers, but trying to use doom & gloom to save there own sorry a$$ jobs........
All management, at all levels, should have been trying to turn this place around for the last several years, instead of just milking the money out of the company and not giving a crap about their own operations running properly. All levels have operated like they don't have a dime invested in this mess, until now. Sorry, too late. They aren't getting my vote to save this mess that they have all created.

i am in sales for Holland.....
So are you also one of the lazy ones that thought they were outsmarting the system when you were sitting at your house all day, making calls to the customers instead of going and seeing them face to face? Were you one of the salesmen that worked 4-6 hours a day and laughed with your friends about the cushy job that you had? Well I'm sure we won't get the truth anyway, but you may want to look in the mirror and check to see if you are willing to take some of the blame for this mess also. I'm sure that you were a hard charger....just like the ones that we've had. But, now you want us to support your bad work ethic? Nope. Not happening. No it is.

I really like the best service part,sl to br is a 2 day point now? ms to gr a 2 day point? You should start cutting wood to heat your house because I'm voting NO!

I couldn't disagree with the both of you any more. If Rogers is not the driving force behind our current operating successes then who is. We are all quick to give blame, but how about credit, where credit is due. Maybe your areas hasn't seen the turnaround as we've seen in the southern regions.

How about the eraser on the pencil!!!

I was planning on utilizing the loa to see what I could find, but the way I read this latest moa it has to be to go to a teamtser co. contributing to the pension fund again. I have more to gain by voting no. If they close I get unemployment while I look. The company say's if your going to vote no why not just vote yes and quit. If they shut down (which they will eventually) I get unmeployment. If I quit I get nothing.
they want this thing to fail

>They still haven't shown a profit with all the give backs and not contributing to the pension, how are they going to make it when they resume contributions? <
For the 30 day period ending 6/30/10 YRC natl. ran at 100 OR. Holland/New Penn were under 100. The last 1/4 ( from what I'm told ) Holland and New Penn did excellent. I don't know about YRC for the 3rd though. Holland did 1.1 million in profit last week ( again -as I have been told ) So the whole YRCW ship is at least going in the right direction with us regionals leading the way. The IBT is hoping that the new investors ( if this passes ) and the customers with a solid plan for 5 years will keep profits headed up. I asked the IBT Tuesday why 6/01/11 and the obvious answer is no cash yet. Look- I'm not trying to argue with you just sharing with you what I have been told.