Holland | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits

5036976373_df9f1c4da1_b.jpg

5037594830_e26303a473_b.jpg

your surprised that the mighty holland would do this to you? screw this place, close the doors, its a dead end. and it has been sever since yellow bought us.

Why are you blaming Holland? I don't see Holland's name on any of this I see YRCW, and more importantly I see International Brotherhood of Teamsters name all over this. "Unanimously approved by Local leadership", yep even the boys down at your Local.

I don't see threats coming from Holland or even YRC for that matter, but a direct one from our pal Tyson. "While we recognize that this plan contains economic and work rule concessions that are difficult to accept, members need to fully understand that if this NMFA modification is rejected there is no doubt this company will go out of business"

Yeah we are taking it in the shorts from YRCW, but its the IBT holding our butt checks open for them :moon2:

Why are you blaming Holland? I don't see Holland's name on any of this I see YRCW, and more importantly I see International Brotherhood of Teamsters name all over this. "Unanimously approved by Local leadership", yep even the boys down at your Local.

I don't see threats coming from Holland or even YRC for that matter, but a direct one from our pal Tyson. "While we recognize that this plan contains economic and work rule concessions that are difficult to accept, members need to fully understand that if this NMFA modification is rejected there is no doubt this company will go out of business"

Yeah we are taking it in the shorts from YRCW, but its the IBT holding our butt checks open for them :moon2:

you still cant exept that there is no more holland. what will it take? you are holding your cheeks open with your last 2 yes votes and it sounds like you will let holland **** you a 3rd time in a row. genius.

I am painfully aware that this is not the place it was when it was Holland Motor freight or even TNT Holland. The reason for that is Ole Yeller. Holand is not in charge here, the top man in the Holland, MI whitehouse still has to answer to someone at YRCW. I wonder if Holland even had anyone at the negotiating table when this pile of garbage was put together. I am just as pissed as you, I simply asked why you didn't place blame on the ones who really brought this on us, YRCW and the IBT?

I am painfully aware that this is not the place it was when it was Holland Motor freight or even TNT Holland. The reason for that is Ole Yeller. Holand is not in charge here, the top man in the Holland, MI whitehouse still has to answer to someone at YRCW. I wonder if Holland even had anyone at the negotiating table when this pile of garbage was put together. I am just as pissed as you, I simply asked why you didn't place blame on the ones who really brought this on us, YRCW and the IBT?

you still dont get it do you? so whats your point about holland? and how did the ibt bring this on us, their job is to keep you working and this plan will keep that happening. god only knows for how long? also, as far as i am concerned their is no more whitehouse. they should close it up just like they did to the terminal because its just a waste of money, being they have absolutely no say so in anything. what do they pay them to do? mr rogers is a waste of money.

I think we are trying to say the same thing. Holland is not in charge of Holland. Yellow/YRCW are the dopes that took on all the debt that has us against the ropes. YRCW has grossly mismanaged this once great company, they are the ones who thought it was a good idea to try to make Holland run like Yellow Freight, or more accuratley, like Con Way. I firmly believe the company and the lenders might not be bluffing, however we can't let them have what they are asking for this time. It might mean I am voting myself out of this job but we must vote NO!!! It is time to put this bleeding pig out of its misery. So yeah I'm pretty sure I "get it".

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't disagree with the both of you any more. If Rogers is not the driving force behind our current operating successes then who is. We are all quick to give blame, but how about credit, where credit is due. Maybe your areas hasn't seen the turnaround as we've seen in the southern regions.

It's still more ME, ME, ME....If/when you vote NO and say "I am voting myself out of a job" you are also voting ME and everyone else out of a job. All of You Hell bent on shutting YRC down "to make a stance", open your eyes a little beyond your forehead and think what your actions do for EVERYONE. I was laid off for two years and just called back the past few months, the pot of gold you think is out there in someone elses yard, "ain't there Brother".

I've asked on another post to explain to me how giving up one weeks vacation and receive 3 or 4 weeks makes more sense then going to work at a new job and not getting your 3 weeks til 7 or 10 years if ever????? Help me out on that one please

Did anyone get a clear answer this weekend on why they are wanting to extend this until 2015 instead of 2013??? That is my BIGGEST concern of the new proposal

It's still more ME, ME, ME....If/when you vote NO and say "I am voting myself out of a job" you are also voting ME and everyone else out of a job. All of You Hell bent on shutting YRC down "to make a stance", open your eyes a little beyond your forehead and think what your actions do for EVERYONE. I was laid off for two years and just called back the past few months, the pot of gold you think is out there in someone elses yard, "ain't there Brother".

I've asked on another post to explain to me how giving up one weeks vacation and receive 3 or 4 weeks makes more sense then going to work at a new job and not getting your 3 weeks til 7 or 10 years if ever????? Help me out on that one please

Did anyone get a clear answer this weekend on why they are wanting to extend this until 2015 instead of 2013??? That is my BIGGEST concern of the new proposal
if this garbage passes,you can plan on getting layed off again.people cant get over the fact that their can do no wrong holland is a dead end street. you can get a matching 401k plan working at mcdonalds, you get nothing here.are any of you ever planning to retire? they want to extend the contract because holland is broke and they will never come out of this. its over.they have lined their pockets and they are looking for more because they got it the last 2 times.

I couldn't disagree with the both of you any more. If Rogers is not the driving force behind our current operating successes then who is. We are all quick to give blame, but how about credit, where credit is due. Maybe your areas hasn't seen the turnaround as we've seen in the southern regions.

good for you. they dont run this company from holland michigan anymore. therefore they are useless to this operation. the credit for this company was flushed down they toilet when they sold us out to yellow. its been all over for holland ever since.

and share with us where you are now working team486....take the lead of your own advice and see who follows :-) How can anyone advice or suggest others quit or leave without so doing themselves??

OK where do we draw the line? The thing that will bite us in the ass is the proposed work rule changes. If was just the 15% I could live with it, Only 25% of a pension contributiion, that sucks hard but I would probably vote for it. These work rule changes will go too far. I think they will use these rules to all but elminate OT for the city men, and don't overlook what they could do with road casuals at their disposal.
I know what it means to not have this job. I have been laid off, my terminal closed, I had to take a 5/5 transfer to keep working here. I drive 160 miles one way to get to my job, by my choice. I know what the "real world" is like. Again how much is enough. I never imagined after the last round of concessions they would be back so soon for more. They still haven't shown a profit with all the give backs and not contributing to the pension, how are they going to make it when they resume contributions?

and share with us where you are now working team486....take the lead of your own advice and see who follows :-) How can anyone advice or suggest others quit or leave without so doing themselves??

i never told anyone to quit, get your facts straight. i have been here for 19yrs. look around instead of drinking their kool aid. this place is doomed.

OK where do we draw the line? The thing that will bite us in the ass is the proposed work rule changes. If was just the 15% I could live with it, Only 25% of a pension contributiion, that sucks hard but I would probably vote for it. These work rule changes will go too far. I think they will use these rules to all but elminate OT for the city men, and don't overlook what they could do with road casuals at their disposal.
I know what it means to not have this job. I have been laid off, my terminal closed, I had to take a 5/5 transfer to keep working here. I drive 160 miles one way to get to my job, by my choice. I know what the "real world" is like. Again how much is enough. I never imagined after the last round of concessions they would be back so soon for more. They still haven't shown a profit with all the give backs and not contributing to the pension, how are they going to make it when they resume contributions?

you got it brother. right on the money. only thing is i knew they would be back after the 2nd one passed.