XPO | Summer Fun

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
It's hot out, economy is dropping, morale in our company/government is low (in some cases) and we all wish we were somewhere else, right?

So tell what would be your fantasy of a year away from it all?

Cabin in the woods for a year?
Alaskan adventure?
Cruise all over the world?
Beer and tv remote?

Let's head out and enjoy some summer 'vacation' :1036316054:

A Cabin In The Smokies Sounds Too Nice Right About Now, Could Use A Slower Pace For Awhile......With A Few Amentities.....Some Of Those Cabins There Are Laid Out Luxury!!!

It's hot out, economy is dropping, morale in our company/government is low (in some cases) and we all wish we were somewhere else, right?

So tell what would be your fantasy of a year away from it all?

Cabin in the woods for a year?
Alaskan adventure?
Cruise all over the world?
Beer and tv remote?

Let's head out and enjoy some summer 'vacation' :1036316054:
What could ever beat a cooler full of beer and $5/gal gas to jump on the boat and forget about truck driving for a while? Thats what I do! It could be $6 but that is my escape from reality and I will go there!:1036316054:

What could ever beat a cooler full of beer and $5/gal gas to jump on the boat and forget about truck driving for a while? Thats what I do! It could be $6 but that is my escape from reality and I will go there!:1036316054:

Raft with trolling motor might be more economical, unless you want a sail boat or just a plain ol' row boat! :1036316054:

A cabin with a good well, waterfall out back and deer coming up. That's the life.

Or a small house on a hill overlooking the ocean. I'd want it to be around Cape Cod, with plenty of heating fuel tho :1036316054:

receive $100K tax-free; invest it; get educated on running my own trucking business; buy me a used (but reliable) truck; one-year from now, take the plunge when the economy is starting to take off.

Hey...dreams can happen! :waycool:

Why wait? Find a O/O and see if he'll let you work with him. Learn the ropes. First and foremost find someone reliable to pay your taxes, buy your tags and take care of your DOT/State paperwork. Road tax is another thing to think about. Check out brokers that won't take too big of a chunk out of your check.

Hopperbottom can be year round, depending on what you are hauling of course. Corn, wheat, fertilizer. Widespread axle will give you an edge on how much weight you can carry.

Some have two hopperbottoms, leave one to be loaded, take the other to unload, get back and the other hopperbottom should be ready to go. Then you'd only need farm tags, at least I know that for Arkansas.

I might be able to get someone to talk to you about what you need to set up your own business, flatbed or hopperbottom and some logging.
:1036316054: I've heard a few say that keeping a flatbed and hopperbottom will double your chances at work. :smilie_132:

receive $100K tax-free; invest it; get educated on running my own trucking business; buy me a used (but reliable) truck; one-year from now, take the plunge when the economy is starting to take off.

Hey...dreams can happen! :waycool:

On the boat, 46" big screen with a satellite dish, keg and tap built in and a helicopter that would drop a new keg in about every 2nd day(friends welcome, I would need help)...you pick the body of water...I am there...

How about a hot blonde with big boobs sitting on my lap and a cold guinnes in my hands beached at the lake with my boat while a huge chunk of tri-tip cooks on the grill. That sounds like something I could get into

Which barmaid you want??

Apparently UPS can overnight these ladies to you according to the page

em9437.jpg
cs1125.jpg

How about a hot blonde with big boobs sitting on my lap and a cold guinnes in my hands beached at the lake with my boat while a huge chunk of tri-tip cooks on the grill. That sounds like something I could get into

yes, but anyone who has ever experienced UPS service knows, they won't get there together and they will arrive days apart...and don't call anyone trying to trace them, because nobody can help you...

Damn, that's the first time I've heard you talk like that. But you were fixing to start your 4th day(of the week) of Conway linehaul....so we understand.:1036316054:

i'm really a simple person, just keep the job that i've got and have the terminal staffed well enough to have a 40/45 hour work week, ya know something coworkers i really like what i do for a living my problem is the problem we have with upper management, and we do have a problems upstairs to the point of being really sad...

I said UPS because the page showed that they are the only ones that deliver for that Beer Maid company. Wonder how they handle them on the dock to keep 'em fresh when they get to their destination? :smilie_132:

yes, but anyone who has ever experienced UPS service knows, they won't get there together and they will arrive days apart...and don't call anyone trying to trace them, because nobody can help you...

keep'em fresh

I said UPS because the page showed that they are the only ones that deliver for that Beer Maid company. Wonder how they handle them on the dock to keep 'em fresh when they get to their destination? :smilie_132:

look on the haz mat cart. there is always some vinigar and water.