Yellow | Supervisors are starting to be laid off

Just keep your ears open about what maybe going on at Toledo, may be for the good for Toledo and bad for the others!!!!!!!

Did yellow own anything or did they just lease the dumps they call terminals?

In Louisville, Yellow owned the terminal, and had just expanded the dock, and paved the lot. They sold it for pennies on the dollar to a competitor, who moved right in and opened up. YRC then leased a huge former FedEx terminal with a huge rent payment. They moved Yellow and Roadway in together and we only use a small portion of the dock. The old terminal was plenty big for both of us........

In Louisville, Yellow owned the terminal, and had just expanded the dock, and paved the lot. They sold it for pennies on the dollar to a competitor, who moved right in and opened up. YRC then leased a huge former FedEx terminal with a huge rent payment. They moved Yellow and Roadway in together and we only use a small portion of the dock. The old terminal was plenty big for both of us........

It sure feels good to see the company is spending our money wisely (LOL), I don't think they have let any of the road dispatch go from Atl. as of yet, but if they do I really hope they only get the ones that make the most mistakes, and cost us the most money. WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!!

And?
What was the post first about.
Geez, that outcome based edumacation again.

And? And just what is your point? Was there something inherently wrong with the post you question? I personally thought the extra information it contained was Germain to the topic. Seems apparent to me that you could use a little more "edumacation" , as you incorrectly put it... Point is, if your going to critique the education of someone else, it should behoove you to at least make your case in a manner that would indicate to others that you have at least some degree of basic understanding.

Supervisors are starting to be laid off
Good to see you're sticking up for your rump buddy

And? And just what is your point? Was there something inherently wrong with the post you question? I personally thought the extra information it contained was Germain to the topic. Seems apparent to me that you could use a little more "edumacation" , as you incorrectly put it... Point is, if your going to critique the education of someone else, it should behoove you to at least make your case in a manner that would indicate to others that you have at least some degree of basic understanding.
The unfortunate fact here is that some posters feel that gloating over someone else's suffering is acceptable. Quite obviously those individuals NEVER learned the simple life lesson that gloating is no more acceptable than pouting.

:shrug:
The unfortunate fact here is that some posters feel that gloating over someone else's suffering is acceptable. Quite obviously those individuals NEVER learned the simple life lesson that gloating is no more acceptable than pouting.

Perhaps it is the feeling of no equal sacrafice....Management adds nothing but overhead, they have nothing to add to productivity, if anything they are a detriment to productivity in most barns, letter writing, micro-management.....etc. There are way too many managers for the amount of bills we have right now.....I guess I don't see the big picture as they see it now :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:

Perhaps it is the feeling of no equal sacrafice....Management adds nothing but overhead, they have nothing to add to productivity, if anything they are a detriment to productivity in most barns, letter writing, micro-management.....etc. There are way too many managers for the amount of bills we have right now.....I guess I don't see the big picture as they see it now :shrug:
Whether you feel there is equal sacrifice or not, IMO there is a big difference between management and supervisory personell. Managers make decisions, supervisors simply follow orders. I do agree that some are like some of the posters here. They feel that if they must be miserable then others should too.

Whether you feel there is equal sacrifice or not, IMO there is a big difference between management and supervisory personell. Managers make decisions, supervisors simply follow orders. I do agree that some are like some of the posters here. They feel that if they must be miserable then others should too.

Management adds 0 productivity, 0 dollars to the bottom line. All managment does is cost the company. The drivers make the money and could do so much better if they were left to do the jobs they were hired to do. Most of the drivers I am associated with care about their jobs but the currant managment hinders their progress....wtf

Management adds 0 productivity, 0 dollars to the bottom line. All managment does is cost the company. The drivers make the money and could do so much better if they were left to do the jobs they were hired to do. Most of the drivers I am associated with care about their jobs but the currant managment hinders their progress....wtf
Look at the other jobs though,like dock,yard,and shuttle.Very little supervision on the dock at 309,and BPH are around 2.5,yard, average 3-4 hooked sets a shift per man,shuttle,2 trips to rail and back in 10-12 hours?Wtf?

Raleigh(616) let go 1 sup, moved 1 sup from Rocky Mt to Raleigh, demoted our TOM to sup, demoted 1 TM to TOM. Rocky Mt. laid off 1 sup and transfered 1 to Raleigh. Have only 1 sup now. Employees going to open and close terminal now. Same at Fayetteville. Let sup go and only have 1 now. Same with Wilmington. Raleigh TM now over Raleigh, Rocky Mt. Fayetteville, Jacksonville and Wilmington.