ABF | Support UPS Freight Teamsters!

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
gPiHFLY.jpg

I truly hope it works out for them. I wish them good luck on the vote next week in whatever they decide. I will not cross a picket line; theirs, ours or anyone else's.
I look at ABF earnings and the U.S. jobs report for last month, along with the upcoming holiday season, and I believe UPS Freight employees are in a good position to accept or decline this current contract. Good luck and hope for a brighter future for you-all.

Art. 9 states that we have a contractual right to refuse to cross a picket line,...or handle struck goods that came through a picket line by subterfuge...
We still have our First Amendment rights of Free Speech even after we've punched the time clock,....and our employers can't force us to ..."choose"...the business owner's side in a Labor dispute,...at the risk of our paychecks, or even discipline....

Some Teamsters aren't aware of that......those rights were fought for...bitterly....way back in the '30's....Business owners wanted the ability to control their employee's rights,...and even political votes,......at pain of losing their job....Their idea was that,..since we pay you,..we own you.
Supreme Court, back then,.. said: "No, you don't."
And,.....businesses ever since have been trying to destroy Unions. Why do you think they're so happy to handle our "healthcare"? One more dagger to hold over our heads.....

Good luck, Brothers at UPSF. You guys had the courage to organize a decade ago,....and now you have the courage to stand up to lackadaisical "leadership",...and a corporate mindset that believes in autocracy in the workplace.

Has Mr. Hoffa and his Executive Board gotten back from their Singapore "fact-finding" trip yet? Contract expires November 12.....

I wonder why some of the ABF whiners (hello, Bubba Gump) are giving UPS Freight advice on the UPS Forum? I just "read it and weepL Heck, with all the truck driver shortages that you hear about, I am glad someone is standing up. We sure didn't !
Who does Bubba work for? I thought he was an ABF city driver here in Atlanta but I read something on the UPSF forum that said he was a ups package driver.

what did UPS Teamsters get that Aye Bee Ffuh didn't? Don' really know (and I don't want to read the fine print ) but would like to find out.
At least they had the guts to take it down to the final hour

Did they accept an agreement? I'm not up-to-date, but from what you're saying, it appears they've settled on an agreement.
Good for Them,....especially if they've done well!

(........Only a couple more...weeks?....for retirement, Brother? Hah! I remember my last few weeks,.....I was grinning, but I think I ground out a few fillings in my teeth........Hang in there, Brother 6PakAbs!........just like a dentist visit, it'll all be over soon!..)....

...(...and worth it! Second happiest day of my life was waking up on Monday....after I retired!...)...

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” Otto von Bismarck

What did we learn from the mistakes UPSF employees made? I think the employees pushed UPSF into a corner without enough backing from the Teamsters. They/us need to get the union in their corner before voting no on everything. The Teamsters need to be the buffer between the employees and the company.

We need to stop allowing our officials to negotiate with and not against. Working in conjunction with each other is slippery. Its not collective bargaining, bargaining in good faith. As a matter of fact its a violation of the Teamsters Constitution. Perhaps charges against leadership. No one has ever done that, Not even TDU diehards.

I wouldn't be surprised if he worked for Swift.

The anonymity afforded here by everyone using screen names should be familiar with anyone who has used a CB radio in the last three decades.........

Anyone can be.........anything........they declare.

I’m here to tell everyone that both company management and Union “ earpieces” are monitoring this site and others.
I’ve had some ....feedback.....through my Local Union officers that could’ve only come from a company reaction.

For all we know,...Mr. “Gump” is a company management plant,.....a troll,....a disruptor,.......who will reincarnate himself on different boards as needed.

Testy differences of opinion between Union members are one thing......at the end of the day we are all committed to the same cause....
But,.....vituperative personal insults and denigrating another’s intelligence are the hallmarks of .........anonymous company trolls...

There is no low place a corporation will not stoop to when they have a chance to control their labor force......Their dictionary page that has the word “ethical” on it was ripped out a long time ago......

The anonymity afforded here by everyone using screen names should be familiar with anyone who has used a CB radio in the last three decades.........

Anyone can be.........anything........they declare.

I’m here to tell everyone that both company management and Union “ earpieces” are monitoring this site and others.
I’ve had some ....feedback.....through my Local Union officers that could’ve only come from a company reaction.

For all we know,...Mr. “Gump” is a company management plant,.....a troll,....a disruptor,.......who will reincarnate himself on different boards as needed.

Testy differences of opinion between Union members are one thing......at the end of the day we are all committed to the same cause....
But,.....vituperative personal insults and denigrating another’s intelligence are the hallmarks of .........anonymous company trolls...

There is no low place a corporation will not stoop to when they have a chance to control their labor force......Their dictionary page that has the word “ethical” on it was ripped out a long time ago......
I have always thought that Bubba Gump was management...I wonder what floor his office is on??

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” Otto von Bismarck

What did we learn from the mistakes UPSF employees made? I think the employees pushed UPSF into a corner without enough backing from the Teamsters. They/us need to get the union in their corner before voting no on everything. The Teamsters need to be the buffer between the employees and the company.

What is evident, is that UPSF being separate from NMFA reduced overall clout.

YRCW employees would have voted ‘yes’ to that offer in a NY minute.

Our division and separation weakened us ALL!