ODFL | Survey May2019

Nope could care less,, they don’t care what we got to say,, just we’ll look into it

Your right Billy, They don't give a :shhit:, its evident with how things are, managers don't care, and while the drivers are getting the short end of the stick right now, drivers always get the short end, salaried personnel keep getting the same paycheck. We are just an expendable number and this survey is just a check mark to "show us" how much they care....... While still doing nothing. Myself and many others haven't worked a full week in a month and a half. They are just dragging us along to keep us for the winter when they need us, its all about them. Yes I am bitter, growing more and more each time I get a text saying no freight.

Last survey some of the drivers did a very honest review, well the manager pulled us all in and grilled us to find out who wrote those. And best of all, nothing changed, same manager and still up to his old ways. So please tell me why I should care, please, I will listen cause I want to care.

Your right Billy, They don't give a :shhit:, its evident with how things are, managers don't care, and while the drivers are getting the short end of the stick right now, drivers always get the short end, salaried personnel keep getting the same paycheck. We are just an expendable number and this survey is just a check mark to "show us" how much they care....... While still doing nothing. Myself and many others haven't worked a full week in a month and a half. They are just dragging us along to keep us for the winter when they need us, its all about them. Yes I am bitter, growing more and more each time I get a text saying no freight.

Sickening how all the terminals keep unleashing city drivers on the weekends to clean out the system during the day time when all u boys east of us been home all week,,

Sickening how all the terminals keep unleashing city drivers on the weekends to clean out the system during the day time when all u boys east of us been home all week,,

Yup, I saw one of ours last weekend on the road going west, the weekend before that I saw one from down south in my yard and one of yours in another yard waiting for his city meet driver. I ask about it and all I get is ahhhhhhhh. Its a joke, I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

Yup, I saw one of ours last weekend on the road going west, the weekend before that I saw one from down south in my yard and one of yours in another yard waiting for his city meet driver. I ask about it and all I get is ahhhhhhhh. Its a joke, I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

Them same city guys are on fb bragging about cars and boats they bought from working 6 days a week, not like they’re not getting they hours,, they need to stay hkme until you guys are back to working full time

Them same city guys are on fb bragging about cars and boats they bought from working 6 days a week, not like they’re not getting they hours,, they need to stay hkme until you guys are back to working full time
This is an issue all the powers that be know about, shows me all they care about is the freight being moved, couldn't care any less about the drivers. This issue has gone on for years.

Here’s a thought if your run gets canceled call in and ask if city needs help do some switches
Thanks for the ideas, but one step ahead of you. I am at a smaller terminal so no switches at night or evening, they do know I am willing to help, its brought up regularly from me.

If they want let me run linehaul on the weekends then I don't agree with road drivers working in the city.
I completely agree with you. However city guys are regularly given runs on the weekends, and during the week on occasion. Its very simple, city guys are not suppose to be running, during these slow times people should stay on their boards. But like I said, that's not how it works....

We have bid guys working 4 days a week, wild guys working 3ish days a week if they are lucky.

I have offered but have not been given anything, like I said small terminal so its kind of a mute offer as hell would have to freeze for me to have something in the evenings.

I completely agree with you. However city guys are regularly given runs on the weekends, and during the week on occasion. Its very simple, city guys are not suppose to be running, during these slow times people should stay on their boards. But like I said, that's not how it works....

We have bid guys working 4 days a week, wild guys working 3ish days a week if they are lucky.

I have offered but have not been given anything, like I said small terminal so its kind of a mute offer as hell would have to freeze for me to have something in the evenings.
We are not allowed to work unless board is clear. I haven't worked extra since December last year.Believe a call needs to be made to Corporate

Is it possible some of these city guys running linehaul are newer employees who are not at top scale of pay yet also?

Is it possible some of these city guys running linehaul are newer employees who are not at top scale of pay yet also?

No, these are topped out and lower scales city drivers,, it don’t matter what level they’re at, they call regional central over and over again until they throw them a bone,, some of these city drivers so far in debt they work 45 hrs city with ot after 40 due to wa state laws in 4 days then run linehaul on their day off during the week and another trip on the weekend or they can’t afford their 100k boat,,

It seem like linehaul never gives a thought to the line drivers sitting at hkme and Just give them whatever is on the screen

We are not allowed to work unless board is clear. I haven't worked extra since December last year.Believe a call needs to be made to Corporate
Not wasting my time nor putting a target on me anymore. The entire region and central does this, its nothing new and Corp has been turning a blind eye on it for years. This is the same reason I don't give a poop about the survey.

I know of a wild guy that asked if he could work another job when he gets cut, he wanted to do it the right way cause he cares, he was told no we may need you, save your hours. The only hold up was it would eat into his available hours, the part time gig was 100% flexible.