Estes | survey

I think they are trying to rebid to make cuts again but not enough runs to bid on because the current runs are getting shortened and it's not working and they just don't know what the uknowwhat just like we dont know but who knows what because I've been here long enough to know that they don't know but they try to make it sound good but who really knows. lol

im sure its all rumor, but i have heard from several we are rebidding by company time. with two boards, linehaul and city. and are doing it this way so when they layoff this winter it will get the bottom guys and not some upper guys who lost a run.

longer we go with no vote out, seems this rumor may be true.

im sure its all rumor, but i have heard from several we are rebidding by company time. with two boards, linehaul and city. and are doing it this way so when they layoff this winter it will get the bottom guys and not some upper guys who lost a run.

longer we go with no vote out, seems this rumor may be true.

I've now heard this several times this last week as well. I know Rob was out and about too.

Hopefully it's true :clap: I'd really like to be recognized for "all" of my service with this company..

In regards to surveys would not it be a good idea to have surveys on many other things than just rebidding. Everyone knows there was a reason why this was done last year but know one could ever give a concrete answer to this. I like everyone else that works here should be fortunate that we work for a debt free company or we are told so anyway. Estes Express in suppose to be a family oriented company but how do they say this when they do not get input from drivers thru surveys company wide. It has always been what is convenient for estes at the time. I aim not trashing estes by no means but input should start from the bottom up not the top down.

Think about it. If they had a survey, they would tell you what ever result they want anyway.The memo was just to quiet the drivers that lost or had runs modified. What reason do they have to do the work to rebid?

think of it this way, if they send out a survey to all drivers then there is a possibility that we would vote for something they r not interested in, then they would have to send out another survey to vote again and get it right the second time

What kind of crap do they ask you ?

FXF asked stupid stuff like "Do you have a best friend at work" :biglaugh::nutkick:

if we want a rebid

And in what order we want to bid.2 catagories or what..Linehaul and city,total company seniority(from the date you started),is the fair way to do it IMO..This 2 year seniority man getting the better runs, needs to stop..Seniority needs to account for something..

i understand the point in saying your time should count with company.

but why is it the 2 year mans fault that some drivers refuse to go to linehaul for 20 years.

then want to switch and get the best run.

why, cause he refused to put in the time on extra board and now he still doesnt want to.

i hear so many 20, 30 year men from city saying they should be able to bump everyone in linehaul, with time in.

he could if he made the switch years ago.

and if you talk to linehaul drivers with time with company, they want this rule as long as it doesnt include city drivers getting to bump them.

i say if you ask for this rule it should include all classes as one board, let us all get bumped and see how many complain.

you will see so many city drivers jump to linehaul and brag how they never had to work extra board.

but if we say company time, they have the right.

You canot have one board and have everyone jumping around.. There would be no consistancy..The senior drivers should have every right to bid on what they want..I've been at the bottom and near the top..The only fair way to do it is company seniority..These senior drivers getting their runs cancelled has nothing to do with the new driver..It has to do with senior drivers getting back on a scheuled run.. They don't mind running extra board if they know they have a glimmer of hope of getting a run back.. This is not personal,it's the way it's done, everywhere but here..

We are not asking for a peace prize here,just fairness..We have hard working people here..Hard working people who deserve the best.. It would be a feather in the old Estes cap, as for as morale goes, with freight levels fixing to dememish,to allow the senior drivers the ability to bid on scheuled runs..But. This is only my opinion..

And in what order we want to bid.2 catagories or what..Linehaul and city,total company seniority(from the date you started),is the fair way to do it IMO..This 2 year seniority man getting the better runs, needs to stop..Seniority needs to account for something..

Right on..:clap: with both your posts.

ok so lets spead this rumor around and tell all city guys with time in to jump to extra board as soon as possible so they can use their company time and take best runs at bid time with only one month on linehaul.

this is my point, everyone knew the rules. if you worked city for ten years before linehaul. why should you be able to count those ten years?

im not saying you can't im just saying if this guys ten years in city counts why cant this guy who is still in city with twenty years bump him.

no thats not fair cause it doesnt benefit me, it needs to benefit me or i dont like the rule.

i ran with a one board company and i liked it. could go back and forth from city to linehaul anytime based on what i needed to do with the family that year.

time in linehaul is the rule, and a guy who worked in city 20 years then ran six months in linehaul should not get to use his 20 years to jump to top of linehaul unless everyone gets to use it. that is only fair.

i like the current rule. if we rebid it should be with time in linehaul not company and those guys who lost a run will get one back based on time in linehaul. thats how he should have got one to begin with.

well the rumor i hear is we will not even bid at all now ??? I hope this is false. with levels down already this winter is gonna stink.

They save money with everyone on extraboard. If things get any slower I may be forced into filling chapter 7, quit estes, then go get me a part time job at wallyworld as a door greeter or something.