Switching to a train engineer?

Do any of you know anyone who has switched from trucking to the railroad driving the train? I applied with no expectations but I am curious to know what to expect or any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks

Easier to get on than youd think, buddy o mine was an engineer for csx, they canned him for speeding after the 3rd incident. Which is bs, because he was a conductor, and never wanted to be an engineer. They force all conductors to become engineers now, as they are trying to cut jobs with ptc. Rr jobs are good, but the same problem as trucking exist, union busting with subcontractors, elimination of job classifications due to flexibility, eroding pay and bennies, etc.

I turned down being a signal maintainer for Ns a few months ago, btw.

Look on the UPS site. A co-worker (former lol) Just got hired on as a feeder driver. In some regions, the internal promotion thing is gone. BTW this is in Eastern, Pa. Philly area

Baby boomers are retiring, good jobs everywhere. Unfortunately, lots of reasons to be gun shy about making a move if you already have an ok job. RR and ups both want more "flexibility ", which takes away many of the reasons its good in the first place. at least ups is decent with home time.