Sysco buys US Foods

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
This shall be interesting. I'll post a link when I get home. Idk how they can combine because there both so big

They share alot of accounts and i saw somewhere that they plan on saving over $300 million in redudant cost i bet they cut 15% of total workforce.

YyGZ2ZU.jpg

I try very hard not to worry about things I have absolutely no control over.

They've proven they can make us work 70 hours a week, we've proven that we can bust our humps for 70 hours a week. Does it get worse than that?

It will be crazy for a year, but for only 70 hours a week, what's the difference, I show up, I have a stupid load with stupid routing, I don't expect that to change much after.

Cen0UCy.jpg

I try very hard not to worry about things I have absolutely no control over.

They've proven they can make us work 70 hours a week, we've proven that we can bust our humps for 70 hours a week. Does it get worse than that?

It will be crazy for a year, but for only 70 hours a week, what's the difference, I show up, I have a stupid load with stupid routing, I don't expect that to change much after.

Cen0UCy.jpg
You're right, I just like the fact that there's a competitor close to Sysco's size. Good for us because there's another decent paying job out there if this doesn't work out. Good for customers because they have another option if needed. Good for the manufacturers; I can only imagine the pressure "Super Sysco" will put on them to drive their costs down which may ultimately impact their employees. Good for both companies because a large competitor keeps them honest(ish).

What the market will bear, what the market will bear.

I don't think the market will bear Super Sysco, It will be huge for a while, and yeah it may always be the biggest, but I think the remaining customers are licking their chops because one of their advantages is that they are not Sysco. They will ultimately take a chunk of the market from Sysco/US Foods.

The question was, where does an eight hundred pound gorilla sit? I was always told he sat any where he durn well pleased.

My question is, what chance does an eight hundred pound gorilla have against a high powered hunting rifle in the right hands?

I can think of a few things customers want that Sysco may not provide.

All is good now and for the foreseeable future, but Sysco isn't and will never be "too big to fail".