Sysco Calera,AL.

auburn2012

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok, after sending app & resume to Sysco, i get an e-mail back telling me they want to set up a phone screen interview with me, its been two days and i have not heard from them.
Is this normal or am i just too impatient?

Am i too old?

I`m 51 yrs old,but in great shape.My driving record is clean and so is my background.

So could my age be a factor?

Hey GT, i had a phone interview today with Sysco, she said she is going to send all my info to the Hiring MGR for a possible sit down interview. I told her i was wiling to relocate if necessary.

Hey GT, i had a phone interview today with Sysco, she said she is going to send all my info to the Hiring MGR for a possible sit down interview. I told her i was wiling to relocate if necessary.

If you want to work here, they will hire you, once you have the sit down, and its done, call the mgr twice every week, ding donging them is irritating but they will get the message that you really want the job, I swear it works.

You probably won't have to do that, with your background they are gonna snatch you up pretty quick and hope they can get 5 good yrs out of you and then turn you out to shuttle till you retire..LOL!!

That would be great, what kind of pay do Shuttle Drivers make?
They also have a Special Delivery position open too, do you know anything abt that?

That would be great, what kind of pay do Shuttle Drivers make?
They also have a Special Delivery position open too, do you know anything abt that?

I get paid by the hour, most non-union houses pay by the trip plus wait time, don't worry, you will make a good living either way, as for the special delivery, I have never heard of that.

Probably van deliveries out of will call since sales can't anymore. I think that's how they worded it here when they hired van drivers.

Probably van deliveries out of will call since sales can't anymore. I think that's how they worded it here when they hired van drivers.

Your right Lazlo, we have a pickup that has a cap on it and of course its a reefer, and its got a camera..lol, someones dumb ass kid does it here, when he was the fuel kid he let a tank run over while he walked the lot texting on his phone, bout 50 gal or more spilled, thats the kind of mgrs kid we hire..LOL!!

Update! Its been 2 weeks since my phone interview and i have called 4 times this week & left a message each time.Hopefully there off work this week for springbreak and will be back Monday.

I had a phone interview last Monday for the Lowell, Ar job, she told me she would, run my mvr then turn everything over to the hiring manager. And should hear back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

I had a phone interview last Monday for the Lowell, Ar job, she told me she would, run my mvr then turn everything over to the hiring manager. And should hear back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Hey hawgfan, have heard any thing from Sysco yet?
I done my road test this week so hopefully its getting closer for me.

Welcome to TruckingBoards hawgfan, who are you working for now? I worked with Tankersley and PFG out of Van buren and for PFG out of a truckstop in Rudy.