Sysco Kansas City vote

Votes were impounded pending decision from Labor Board on an appeal company filed challenging the proposed unit. Looks like it was denied sometime Friday so hopefully votes can be counted Monday.
We're pretty confident. Company pushed way too hard in their antiunion campaign and a lot of undecided drivers started seeing the light.
This has been 5 months in the making. We've endured harassment, surveillance, forced meetings, legal challenges which resulted in 3 drivers having to attend and testify in front of the Labor Board, more forced meetings, mailings to our homes meant to scare our wives, the unexpected death of our organizer. You name it we went through it. All while our Pres. and VP smiled and claimed we're all family.
Honestly sickened though not at all surprised by all that went on. I'll share results once we know, but talking to people I've no doubt we won

Seems there's a spike in union memberships lately. So many people seem to hate unions but they sure have been organizing a lot of places lately

the harsh reality is setting in to a lot of people that their bosses and companies dont care about them the way they say. better to have a leash on the corporate beast with a contract. and the fallacy of "if you dont like it, quit and find something that you like" doesnt work either.

Where I work there's a lot of hatred for unions. When fedex voted the union in some drivers were saying those fedex guys were fools and stupid for going union. But I tried to stand up and defend the unions but it didn't work. Oh well it happens

Where I work there's a lot of hatred for unions. When fedex voted the union in some drivers were saying those fedex guys were fools and stupid for going union. But I tried to stand up and defend the unions but it didn't work. Oh well it happens

Company brainwashing, tell a child he or she is stupid long enough and stupid they will think they are, its the same with this. These companies have gotten out of hand treating folks like they are pieces of meat instead of men and women with dignity. Thats what happens when you make a person a supervisor and give them some power, they run away with it.

No the union has brainwashed all you guys lol. That's what they say

Yes thats what they say with their colorful posters and CD's and other mailings, in reality no member of mgmt wants an employee of the company to have a voice, they want to implement and enforce their rules but when the shoe is on the other foot the game changes, I think everyone should have a contract in order to keep the companies mgmt from getting out of control.

Its not about the company itself, but rather the people they hire to manage the folks that do the real work, give some people an inch of rope and they suddenly want to be a cowboy.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. Everyone says they don't need someone to voice there opinions for them. They can get a raise themselves and don't need someone to negotiate there raise when they can do it themselves by working hard. I could go on but I'm sure you've heard it all to

if your coworkers are the type that despise unions, dont trust them to not stab you in the back. they like the dog eat dog world, and if you have tried to defend unions, im sure its gotten back to the boss already, since these guys sound like a bunch of suck ups. find other employment if you want a long term job AND freedom of speech, as you have just painted a target on your back.

btw, you can thank your spineless coworkers for the erosion of standards and pay in this industry. if you want to see what i mean, go work somewhere under a good contract, and look at what you get compared to where you are at now.

Idk who has a good contract. Old dutch potato chips is union. 22.75 and a pension plus 401k. Kemps is 25.35 a hr top pay with a pension. Idk about a 401k. But I'm put into a corner right now with my parents. My mom wants me to get a daytime job. So looking at possibly hauling gas with a friend of mine. Idk. I keep putting myself in bad situations

Idk who has a good contract. Old dutch potato chips is union. 22.75 and a pension plus 401k. Kemps is 25.35 a hr top pay with a pension. Idk about a 401k. But I'm put into a corner right now with my parents. My mom wants me to get a daytime job. So looking at possibly hauling gas with a friend of mine. Idk. I keep putting myself in bad situations

Were hiring at the beer distributor that's daytime work. I can get you hired yesterday if you like. :wink:

Done the beverage thing and don't ever plan on doing it again. I don't really want to push a 2 wheeler again anyways.

That's good because it would be a very far commute, you think your drive to work is bad now, hohoho!! it's only a couple of states away! :eek:

i know you do. go somewhere where the company kicks into the union benefits and pension. minnesota has their own pension thru 120, iirc. EITHER WAY, go down to the union hall and talk to them. they will not steer you wrong. everyone is hurting for workers right now, dont rule out a dairy factory or warehouse. lifes too short to to talk yourself into a ccrap job where you have no contract, since they dont respect their workforce. fwiw, Holland might be on concessions, but its still a good job. as is lakeville motor express and standard forwarding....

I gotta do what is best for my son. Depends on the schedules for me to want to change. That's why I thought of hauling gas. I can pretty much make my own schedule