Sysco Michigan Drop Decks

Some of the houses use mostly lift gates, some have none. Some run more 48's than anything, some (like us) jam it into pups. They all do things a little differently, or at least did before corporate stepped in more a couple of years ago, but this is a new one to me. Never seen a Sysco trailer like that.

Michigan in 2004 we took a family trip to Michigan in the fall and I saw that same setup. It's some Sysco warehouse in Michigan that uses those kinds of trailers.

I never seen that before but it would be nice when I have a spring ride that I can't dump the air in, when I got to the upper deck, that might be a pain, good find Mike, we got some lift gate trailers here and they promptly removed the gates and installed ramps, the logistic strips are up way high so nothing can be strapped effectively usually when I draw one I have a couple of pallets dumped right from the get go, thats a sucky way to start a morning, then I remember I get paid by the hour and all is well with the world once more. :)

That drop deck is higher then a side loader, but not to much it's like the food service version of a side loader. Does certainly look easier to run up and down the ramp when it's not at such a steep angle.

Pretty soon I'll be running up and down the ramp at GFS. I've never seen a GFS truck with a lift gate. Sysco Cleveland has mostly ramps, but they do have some lift gates. US Foods here in Cleveland has a lot of lift gates. Our bulk trucks at Coors have lift gates, but that's pretty standard for all beverage distribution bulk trucks. Coke, Pepsi, Beer all the bulk trucks for the most part have lift gates. The reason for that is because one they can throw on stops like C-Stores and Gas Stations that don't have docks and 2 say I get to a green light account and the loading dock is taken up. Well I can lift gate and pallet jack the pallet off the truck and get it into the store and go on my way without having to wait for a dock to be freed up.

Those came out of Grand Rapids Sysco, used to see them delivering to the Subways in the Detroit area, have not seen one in in around 10 years.

Those trailers suck they finally got rid of ours if you were at a dock and needed to pull pallets out of the freezer forget it. They are also 14 ft high not 13 6 like all the others.

What did the beer company say?
Not a whole heck of a lot, I told them, that I had another opportunity come up a little closer to home and my family thought it was something that I should look out. I told them that I had nothing against anything and I thought working at the beer company was fine job just had another opportunity.

They just said "Okay when's you're last day."