Sysco

I'm a former Sysco driver out of Maryland. I pulled doubles for 5 years. Was ok made a petty good pay. Until I got injured hooking up a set. Then their insurance co. put the screws to me. And my life has been a living hell every since.

my dad has been the for about 38yrs now he has it made on a 4 day work wk thursday his day off gets paid 48hrs whether he works it or not:redface:

worked at sysco in seattle and absolutely hated it .sups were egomaniacs , hours sucked . had to call in at 630pm every day to check schedule which would at times would start you out at midnite! how the heck does one live around an unpredictable schedule ? no family time! no life! lousy outfit. hated it

I start at midnight sun-thursday, wed off, mostly key drops, Sysco isn't for everyone, foodservice as a whole isn't for everybody, a guy has to like hard labor.

worked at sysco in seattle and absolutely hated it .sups were egomaniacs , hours sucked . had to call in at 630pm every day to check schedule which would at times would start you out at midnite! how the heck does one live around an unpredictable schedule ? no family time! no life! lousy outfit. hated it

different strokes. i was a pool driver for Sysco and I loved it. i had a really good DC. as far as the job went, the grass isn't always greener and i found that out. oh well. decent company.

also we didn't have any runs that left at midnight, and i usually knew what i was doing by 4pm at the latest, most of the time earlier. plus i also knew all the guys so i could anticipate what everyone was doing.

Irun shuttle out of harrisburg good job for the most part has its pros and cons been here 9 months make a decent dollar took a year to get this job going to hold onto it there is nothing out there that pays this well and am home every day.

hey spongebob i am trying to get in, what do urun? are there any linehaul runs out of harrisburg? how much is insurance? what r the copays?

mike i run out of the 4 yards in the northeast average 400to 425 miles a night we get paid by the trip not hourly we do alot of waiting in harrisburg between rounds thats the biggest gripe i dont know if they are hiring or not it took me a year to get in.my ins is 72 a week for the family plan that includes dental eyecare and medical copays are 20 per office visit 10 for generic drugs 20 for preferred brands eyecare no copay dental no copay for routine services maximum 1500.all in all pretty good insurance. the job is good for the most part it has its ups and downs just like anywhere else. hope this helped good luck.

I dont work for Sysco, but deliver to all the hospitals, and Sysco is always in the wrong doors blocking the flow of traffic. I talk to them all the time, bunch of good guys, I get paid by the hour, so it goes, but the guys on the dock are pissed off. Sysco drivers work hard, and I know get paid very well. But there is BS everywhere you go. Howdy GT.

Hey Josh, I do hospitals too and I'm always in the right door, the right door for me :) I was at a mexican place today and someone got in my truck and got my backpack and phone, my wallet and all in it gone, license pics of the kids ect., my house and truck keys, customer contacts, some of them I can't replace, lock your doors fellows, I learned the f'in hard way!!! This is gonna be a serious pain in the ass!!!!

GT

Hey Josh, I do hospitals too and I'm always in the right door, the right door for me :) I was at a mexican place today and someone got in my truck and got my backpack and phone, my wallet and all in it gone, license pics of the kids ect., my house and truck keys, customer contacts, some of them I can't replace, lock your doors fellows, I learned the f'in hard way!!! This is gonna be a serious pain in the ass!!!!

GT

I'm sorry to hear that you were robbed. But you never leave your wallet anywhere. It's just to costly.

I know milkman, sometimes lifes lessons are learned the hard way, I only had 6 bucks and no activity on the debit or credit card, my phone had downloads on it but sprint took it off my account, flagged it stolen, they said the only thing the phone is good for now is the trash, that made me feel a bit better, I did put the word out that I'm looking for this jack ass, I offered $ to the employees at the place I was delivering @ if they would dime him out, we shall see, might have to jack up the price, money talks in that area of town, I just want to irritate him or her as much as they have me, that and I want to cut em up if I can get face to face, I know that won't happen, these cowards sneak around, I just want to give the police a name and hopefully an address!!

GT

The hard part is your License & DOT Card is gone. You Legally can't work. All because of some low life. And if your State is as dumb as mine it's hard to replace. Because you don't have enough I.D. We had one stop that they would rob the Drivers behind the truck.

Used to in OK you would have to bring your birth certificate and a person to vouch for you now my state fingerprints on all licenses, all you have to do now is bring your BC they match your prints and give me a paper and I go to the tag office and pay for a new one. peice of cake!

Got er done Milkman, its all good and Sysco sure is happy, my boss wants me to make him an oversize copy of front and back, you believe that mess, I asked him why he doesn't have a printer in his office...LOL, Remember we are world class..and cheap as all get out!!