Dayton | System driver

If you hire on as a transportation driver can you request to be a system driver? Is it a difficult position to get?
Thanks
There's a possibility you could be hired in as a system driver if you specifically want that depending on the needs of Transportation and the situation at that particular terminal.

For example, we had a system driver at my barn who was actually the #2 guy on the board (he passed away from cancer a few months ago). It wasn't a typical bid that could've been forced onto a junior driver, it was set up just for him because he had a long commute and was an older guy with no family at the house to worry about. When he died the bid went away, although they said they'd keep it if anyone was interested in staying out all week for the bigger miles (but nobody was). I'm not sure if they'd hire a brand new driver off the street to run system, but I don't see why not.

There's a possibility you could be hired in as a system driver if you specifically want that depending on the needs of Transportation and the situation at that particular terminal.

For example, we had a system driver at my barn who was actually the #2 guy on the board (he passed away from cancer a few months ago). It wasn't a typical bid that could've been forced onto a junior driver, it was set up just for him because he had a long commute and was an older guy with no family at the house to worry about. When he died the bid went away, although they said they'd keep it if anyone was interested in staying out all week for the bigger miles (but nobody was). I'm not sure if they'd hire a brand new driver off the street to run system, but I don't see why not.
I assume that the system drivers normally run nights.

I assume that the system drivers normally run nights.
Yep, far as I know they all do. Our system guy used to run Monday nights through Friday nights (done Saturday morning), but I've seen bid sheets at other terminals where they have a Sunday night start.