Reddaway | Tacoma Inquiry

usftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Thank goodness there is a place for non-union Reddaway posts. I'm just curious; are you Tacoma employees going to be ok with the merge into the Kent terminal? I mean, for those of you that live on the south end, it's alot of extra travel time; and with the way Seattle traffic already is - :cuss:. And the company guys who will never work for a union joint - Where are you going to go in this time of lowered freight levels? I called Con-way in Seattle; they're not hiring.:sadwavey:And for the guys that do stay, you'll probably have to take the "sounder" train; it'll be awfully crowded in the Kent yard; there's no parking allowed on the street.

Just a few warnings -

1. Don't go to a shop steward with a problem unless you are in dire straights, they are prepared to do battle with "Tacoma s_ _ bs" that dovetail in. :chairshot:Sorry for the label, it's a quote, not my words. I feel it's your right to know the temperature of the enviroment that you're headed to. Wear shorts, it's gonna be hot.

2. Bring plenty of cleaning equipment. Personal experience has taught me that Febreeze works real good for dog-doo that has been stuffed in your heater vents. However Lysol works better for the doo-doo that's been stuffed under the floor mat. It tends to stay moist under there and Lysol is an excellent disenfectant as well as a good fumigator. Remember it kills 99.9% of staphylococcus and rhinovirus type 39 (the leading cause of the common cold). Not sure if that's true, but that's the company's claim right on the can.

A mild solvent, WD-40, or heavy duty engine degreaser will break up and clean fifth-wheel grease on metal surfaces only. DO NOT use these on plastic or rubber; they will eat right through. A good rule of thumb is to use these on the outside only. Formula 409 is just dandy for stickshift knobs, steering wheels, and all seat control adjustments.

3. If all else fails, Reddaway has an open door policy. Talk to them if you have an unsurmountable dilemma. If YRC allows any of them to come over with you, they'd be the ones who lied to your face every time you asked them if you'd be merging with Seattle.

Please consider these as a few survival tips for the break-in period in your new digs. Remember, attitude is an important key in deciding the length of that new break-in time. It has been said that attitude can make ya, or break ya.

Feel free to introduce yourself to new co-workers and Happy Holidays:smilies-19296:

Thank goodness there is a place for non-union Reddaway posts. I'm just curious; are you Tacoma employees going to be ok with the merge into the Kent terminal? I mean, for those of you that live on the south end, it's alot of extra travel time; and with the way Seattle traffic already is - :cuss:. And the company guys who will never work for a union joint - Where are you going to go in this time of lowered freight levels? I called Con-way in Seattle; they're not hiring.:sadwavey:And for the guys that do stay, you'll probably have to take the "sounder" train; it'll be awfully crowded in the Kent yard; there's no parking allowed on the street.

Just a few warnings -

1. Don't go to a shop steward with a problem unless you are in dire straights, they are prepared to do battle with "Tacoma s_ _ bs" that dovetail in. :chairshot:Sorry for the label, it's a quote, not my words. I feel it's your right to know the temperature of the enviroment that you're headed to. Wear shorts, it's gonna be hot.

2. Bring plenty of cleaning equipment. Personal experience has taught me that Febreeze works real good for dog-doo that has been stuffed in your heater vents. However Lysol works better for the doo-doo that's been stuffed under the floor mat. It tends to stay moist under there and Lysol is an excellent disenfectant as well as a good fumigator. Remember it kills 99.9% of staphylococcus and rhinovirus type 39 (the leading cause of the common cold). Not sure if that's true, but that's the company's claim right on the can.

A mild solvent, WD-40, or heavy duty engine degreaser will break up and clean fifth-wheel grease on metal surfaces only. DO NOT use these on plastic or rubber; they will eat right through. A good rule of thumb is to use these on the outside only. Formula 409 is just dandy for stickshift knobs, steering wheels, and all seat control adjustments.

3. If all else fails, Reddaway has an open door policy. Talk to them if you have an unsurmountable dilemma. If YRC allows any of them to come over with you, they'd be the ones who lied to your face every time you asked them if you'd be merging with Seattle.

Please consider these as a few survival tips for the break-in period in your new digs. Remember, attitude is an important key in deciding the length of that new break-in time. It has been said that attitude can make ya, or break ya.

Feel free to introduce yourself to new co-workers and Happy Holidays:smilies-19296:

Thank goodness there is a place for non-union Reddaway posts. I'm just curious; are you Tacoma employees going to be ok with the merge into the Kent terminal? I mean, for those of you that live on the south end, it's alot of extra travel time; and with the way Seattle traffic already is . And the company guys who will never work for a union joint - Where are you going to go in this time of lowered freight levels? I called Con-way in Seattle; they're not hiring.:sadwavey:And for the guys that do stay, you'll probably have to take the "sounder" train; it'll be awfully crowded in the Kent yard; there's no parking allowed on the street.

Just a few warnings -

1. Don't go to a shop steward with a problem unless you are in dire straights, they are prepared to do battle with "Tacoma s_ _ bs" that dovetail in.Sorry for the label, it's a quote, not my words. I feel it's your right to know the temperature of the enviroment that you're headed to. Wear shorts, it's gonna be hot.

Sounds like those tacoma boys have got themselves in a pickle:hysterical:Thats what happens when you run your mouth,you get what the kickin mule gives ya!:nutkick:

Tacoma drivers are steering wheel holders just like the Kent boys are. There isn't anything different between the two of them. Some were lucky to land a job at the right time to give them good runs and hours, others weren't. You're all just working for a company that wont even be around eventually. The writing is on the wall, so welcome the Tacoma boys.. they just deliver freight like you or any wonder boy in trucking school right now could.

Opps... forgot to mention the name USF. Of course YRC will always be around.