FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
The very successful business models that built this country didn't happen by chance. This is not an attempt to cut costs and trim fixed costs, it is doing it. It is called planning, some long term and some short term. This may not be over. And what if these moves do not produce the desired effects? With the possibility of 97,000 lb. trucks and all the 3rd. part logistic companies,and not to mention Mr.Duncan now with JB Hunt this is probably not even close to over. Do you think Fedex Corporation is gonna put up with subpar performance? This LTL business could be sold at any time. There is a lot of private money sitting on the side lines. And Fedex could purchase somebody else and ride it out until they have to tune it up. Planning for the future in an uncertain future in the LTL business. Think about it. The union selling out it's members. The government selling out ALL of our futures. It will all be in one tidy package ready for sale in the future. Whether that be near or distant future. After all they did buy 3 successful companies and dismantle them and now that it is very hard to sustain the OLD profit models they leave 3 hollowed out shells of good LTL companies. Good Luck to ALL of us.

I do not disagree on that. And I don't dismiss the fact that in a changing world people, companies, governments etc. have to plan, that's how the future is built. However, I disagree with SOME of the ways this is taking effect.

Form our own Union? We can call it Brighter Tomorrows.

Have we ever thought about forming our own union. We sure don't want the teamsters.
From what I understand, someone else did this too.

Just like UPS, FedEx thinks about the almighty dollar not the employees. It's business and not much anyone can do about it. We at UPS Freight know how you feel and what you are going through. One thing I can say that we have you don't is the union. THIS is not a post to make any of you consider going union. But in a change of operations they had to allow us to follow the work according to seniority. It is in writing and they had to follow the contract. When past practice you did things a certain way (Company RULES) they throw it all out the window now. I think that is what I'm hearing and reading. If it is true there will only be to major players in the LTL UPS and FedEX this is what we all have to look forward to as far as working conditions. (CUTTHROAT) I think there are a lot of people over here that have no love for the union. But most would agree that they wouldn't want to work for UPS or UPS Freight without the union. If nothing else just the reasons of what they are doing to you guys now.

Go Awaaaaay

I have been at FedEx/American frt almost 14 yrs. American frt was a GREAT Company in my book. But I said it when FedEx took over SOME DAY we will need a UNION. And NOW is the time. You say Union companies are OUT????? well looks like 1700 or maybe more will be without a job at FedEx. I say come on in Union.

Purpledrool, what did you mean by you can't go to a new Center without your seniority. Are you talking in terms of out and out transfer? And what do you mean you can't follow the freight? When they close a center, you can't go to where that freight is now being sent? I understand you can't "follow the freight" if you live in Portland and want to "follow" it to Kansas City. But if you're National in Portland, and your freight goes to the Portland center, you're saying you can't "follow" it there? Could you be more specific?

I agree with others here that calling is and has always been a waste of time. If you think for one second they give a rat's butt about what you think and feel or any suggestion you may have, you need to take a breath and look around. This isn't a company that cares about you or your family. They care about money and stats. That's it. Even the customers come in someplace like 11th or 20th on their care 'o meter. Number one, even over money is Snapshot. Number two is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies, (because it makes the clueless feel like they are contributing), and Number three is making sure you can't sue them or hold them to anything they have said in the past. That is why the employee handbook is not printed and they have you sign a sheet of paper every time they say good morning to you to prove that they are personable and engaging the employee.

I'm sorry, really sorry if you're getting hosed by this deal. You aren't alone. I know that is no comfort, but you have to understand, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it. They've moved on from dealing with employees during this time to the actual mechanics of how this is going to work. We are a done deal. All you can do is either stay and deal with it or take off and start over someplace else. I really wish we could make a difference, but history here shows that they aren't even concerned by blatantly lying to us just to shut us up.

You said it yourself:

Competitively they can't be beat, and won't be beat. However, on a human side, they are a corporation and as such don't much care about employees. Money and profits ABOVE ALL!

The only thing you got wrong was "don't care much". They don't care at all.

I'm a teamster...sometimes I'm not always cool with the decisions that come down.but without one my job wouldve been questionable or even eliminated.we voted.we got warrants of stock
No matter what kind of union or if its the Teamsters.you're not going to be too happy all the time.but I relatively happy.I grew up in a family of UAW working parents and relatives.always helps to have numbers of people in unity.fedex does not want to lose business.they don't want to lose money.when it comes to you or the company.the company doesn't have YOU in mind.I wish the best for all of you.it sucks.I know.I've seen it.you have to fight these corporations.shut em down.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

You go right ahead and form a union. that way I can get promoted quicker after you're gone. if you do start a union of your own yrc will get your dues and you will NEVER see a penny of it when the hoffa crew is done.

union talk on this board ?

Hey Jeff
maybe I'm wrong
I thought there was to be no union talk, pro or con
on our board
there's other forums for that

I'm a teamster...sometimes I'm not always cool with the decisions that come down.but without one my job wouldve been questionable or even eliminated.we voted.we got warrants of stock
No matter what kind of union or if its the Teamsters.you're not going to be too happy all the time.but I relatively happy.I grew up in a family of UAW working parents and relatives.always helps to have numbers of people in unity.fedex does not want to lose business.they don't want to lose money.when it comes to you or the company.the company doesn't have YOU in mind.I wish the best for all of you.it sucks.I know.I've seen it.you have to fight these corporations.shut em down.

Right now a Union would hurt more than doing good. Mabe later on yea. just not now.

No rat
I just feel for all of you going through this.when I first heard about it.I was like oh crapola.corporations including mine are really sticking it to us...the labor.GodBless all of you..yrc driver

No rat
I just feel for all of you going through this.when I first heard about it.I was like oh crapola.corporations including mine are really sticking it to us...the labor.GodBless all of you..yrc driver

As i recall union talk would be allowed, but no union person would be allowed to promote the Union in a non union environment. This guy is crossing the line IMHO....check all his previous post here in FX Just my 2 cents.

I don't see where a union would do anything different than what is being done. When Yellow and Roadway merged, Im pretty sure they did a dovetail just like were doing. The only difference is were not going to lose as many employees as YRC has.

Maybe someone can explain how it would be done differently???

You might lose many more.not just 1700.Fred can do whatever he wants.I'm not wanting you guys to lose any at all if possible.see,we are all working class people.hard workers.no exception to it.non union or union.doest matter.we all are workers feeding corporate greed.I'm hoping the best for you all...so do alot of my other workers at yrc.you guys wished the best for us in our trying time and present time.we all are workers.

"Shut em down" how does that help anybody? Ofcourse they don't want to lose money!! I can't believe you could say something so stupid and have me defending them!!

Card check!

Just like ABF and CARLOLINA. Doesn't much matter weather you guys throw around this at the company or not. UNION is by company seniority. With Watkins being founded before AF anyways, what bit of good is it going to do.

It's NOT only about seniority

I know a lot of people are worried about the merger & losing there seniority. But what about about ALL the other STUPID thing FedEx does?????? Like a STUPID write up??? What about co favorites???? What about a retirement plan???? Should I go on????

Contact your congress person and tell them you want them to go forward on this issue. We also need to have FedEx taken from the Railroad Act and put under the NLRB. Let your congress people know we need some protection from the corporation.