FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
I have never understood why people think the union is the fix for every problem. YRC has cut pay benefits and jobs and the union did nothing so what would they do for us?? Maybe they could negotiate a 15% cut for us as well......and my favorite statement.....well atleast we got to vote on it. I grew up in a union family and always thought it was a benefitial thing but after seeing what they have done to other ltl carriers I really don't think we want to go down that path. Look at NEMF, they are part of the machinist union and they seem to be below us in most "comp packages"

I'm a teamster...sometimes I'm not always cool with the decisions that come down.but without one my job wouldve been questionable or even eliminated.we voted.we got warrants of stock
No matter what kind of union or if its the Teamsters.you're not going to be too happy all the time.but I relatively happy.I grew up in a family of UAW working parents and relatives.always helps to have numbers of people in unity.fedex does not want to lose business.they don't want to lose money.when it comes to you or the company.the company doesn't have YOU in mind.I wish the best for all of you.it sucks.I know.I've seen it.you have to fight these corporations.shut em down.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

"you have to fight these corporations.shut em down." REALLY? Wow. Lets put this is perspective. Fedex did not have to merge the National and Freight. They did not have to give us 4 1/2 months notice. They do not have to give any severance. They could have have said in 90 days we are closing the doors and have a good day, if you wish to work at other FedEx operations you may apply for any open positions, the same you would do if you were transfering. I think they are doing this exactly as any humane person would, unlike any huge corporation I know of today.

This change sucks and it affects everyone of us hard, including myself. I will be transferring to a terminal 42 miles from my house, in Seattle traffic thats a 3 hour commute each day. My current commute is 20 minutes. So... get over it, move on, look straight ahead and change what you can.

I have never understood why people think the union is the fix for every problem. YRC has cut pay benefits and jobs and the union did nothing so what would they do for us?? Maybe they could negotiate a 15% cut for us as well......and my favorite statement.....well atleast we got to vote on it. I grew up in a union family and always thought it was a benefitial thing but after seeing what they have done to other ltl carriers I really don't think we want to go down that path. Look at NEMF, they are part of the machinist union and they seem to be below us in most "comp packages"

Well said chitownpeddler, these guys aren't even looking at these other companies that have unions, we are better off without one, maybe they can go to work for one of them and see how well they do.

All you need to do is talk to a UPS Freight driver who will be honest with you on both sides. That is surely not what you want. Fedex will straighten it out, you don't get to where they are without knowing how to run a company. We may not agree with what they do but remember they are looking out for 30k+ employees not just 1 center. Head up and what doesn't break you makes you stronger!

Was told by center manager and HR. Also believe I saw it on here and nobody said anything about it. Was told that this was a last ditch effort to make money because all other options tried didn't work. And that if we don't start making money soon FedEx could very well shut us down or sell us off. Not sure they would give UPS such a big lead though. But think about this if we went union they would more than likely shut us down. If a few centers go union they will run around you and starve you out. Think twice before trying to get the union.

Its just a few on here hoping to sway the many
for instance , Franklin , been here 30 years, got a new truck , sits at a whse all day and plays on the computer
but he wants you to raise hell
get some Franklin, go to the union and tell them you want to organize Fedex

Just like ABF and CARLOLINA. Doesn't much matter weather you guys throw around this at the company or not. UNION is by company seniority. With Watkins being founded before AF anyways, what bit of good is it going to do.

hey Red......if memory serves, the Watkins fellas had to fill out job applications when the officially became National. That would be your company seniority date. Just sayin'..........

It is funny how the word "Union" can stir up so much emotion. I have been in one before, I won't make that mistake again. I had to call Washington D.C.
to get my stepson out of one. He was a minor at the time and had no business signing documents of that kind. We will be ok when the dust settles.
Everyone get in, sit down and hold on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a UNION man, a long time ago.
It had some benifits then ... But look around now.
Who is working and who is not?

I'll have to vote NO

the only possible way of a union getting into fedex is for them to go after one of our biggest hubs...if we at a small 180 door hub or a satelite center would vote union they would shut it down...just hang in there we are one of the best managed companies in the world and this will makes us even stronger and no doubt put us at the top of the ltl food chain

You are correct that YRC cut our pay and have not payed into the pension for the last 15 months but you do know the real reason why...fierce competition from fed-ex & con-way & others trying to do whatever they could to put YRC down..If you do the research it was the IBT that for the most part saved YRC from the creditors.Do I like the fact That I am making a whole lot less than I was three years ago NO but I am still working

I was a UNION man, a long time ago.
It had some benifits then ... But look around now.
Who is working and who is not?

I'll have to vote NO

The Union Can't fix what's wrong at FDX. FRT. ..slackdragon has it right.
FDX. FRT. need's to get back to the Basic's, like how Viking and A/F was run, "BUTT" that's not gonna happen either.
All I can say is just suck it up and be thankfull you still got a job.

i agree i am ayrc roaddriver we went through the same thing when we merged/i went from 170 to 230 on the board and eventually laid off withh11 years,the union cant tell the company how it can run its business just moniter it to protect members rights and senority thats it /i wish all of you the best of luck/like i said from the beginning to my wife that if your strong youll survive god bless you all

this thing sucks guys but stop bitching and move on i have to move to columbus oh to keep my job im doing it and not feeling sorry for myself get over it men we cant stop it lets jump on and ride this thing

One thing that would frost their cookies would be for ground and express to go union along with freight and then have a strike. Who they gonna get to break the freight? Or drive the trucks? They think by dumping a bunch of work on you and you being short handed will make you work harder well they must be smoking some good stuff as those days are over. We are tired of breaking our backs on the dock everynight, driving home half asleep worried if we have an accident wether we will still have a job or not. I got over 17yrs invested between American Freightways and Fedex. Someone once told us that the reason Sheridan sold the company instead of turning it out right over to his boys was he was afraid they would run it into the ground. I would have rather worked for the those two boys than the bozo's that we are working for right now. The took a great company and ruined it.

One thing that would frost their cookies would be for ground and express to go union along with freight and then have a strike. Who they gonna get to break the freight? Or drive the trucks? They think by dumping a bunch of work on you and you being short handed will make you work harder well they must be smoking some good stuff as those days are over. We are tired of breaking our backs on the dock everynight, driving home half asleep worried if we have an accident wether we will still have a job or not. I got over 17yrs invested between American Freightways and Fedex. Someone once told us that the reason Sheridan sold the company instead of turning it out right over to his boys was he was afraid they would run it into the ground. I would have rather worked for the those two boys than the bozo's that we are working for right now. The took a great company and ruined it.

Man can I feel your pain. I know exactly what you are saying. I feel the same way about what UPS did to Overnite. Another good company ruined by bozo's.

You are correct that YRC cut our pay and have not payed into the pension for the last 15 months but you do know the real reason why...fierce competition from fed-ex & con-way & others trying to do whatever they could to put YRC down..If you do the research it was the IBT that for the most part saved YRC from the creditors.Do I like the fact That I am making a whole lot less than I was three years ago NO but I am still working
THIS ... is silly

blaming FEDEX and CON-WAY for YRCs troubles !

We didn't take anyone to raise, we are here to win.

sorry ...I had crazy instead of silly .... caught my error and changed it :bouncy: