FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
thread, quick question. If we already had the Union in place could they have prevented the merger from happening ? I like many others have worked for a company represented by the Union. There is only one for sure promise. Dues are taken out of your check before you see it. And one other thing. If you ever ask them for anything in writing.. Better have your family in a safe house. what we are going through really sucks. For hourly and salary folks. The Union will absoultly make things worse. We will go from the fryin pan into the fire. I for sure do not want to take on the teamsters pension debt. Best friend use to work at CF.
Union sure took care of thoes boys.. Vic

Only one fair way to do this. FIRE EVERYONE an hire people off the street to replace us. That way all the employess will be engaged like they want and they will work more for less.

:ranting2::hissyfit::mad::nono_h4h: If the TEAMSTERS want FEDEX the time is NOW!!! Drivers are not eating or sleeping and they are MAD AS HELL AND THEYRE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! NOW OR NEVER!!!

You act like getting a union contract could be done overnight. It could take years. Most of the people adversely affected by the merger will be long gone. If we had a contract now it would not change much. Just take a look around at what is going on with union carriers when it comes to mergers and change of operations. The Master Freight Agreement is dead. The reality is you are not going to see any new freight contracts with the Teamsters. The Teamsters are ready to move on to organizing government employees.

Contact your congress person and tell them you want them to go forward on this issue. We also need to have FedEx taken from the Railroad Act and put under the NLRB. Let your congress people know we need some protection from the corporation.

Franklin :sadwavey:

What are you talking about???
All your Congressmen with a D behind their names will be joining the unemployment rolls along with your useless Senator Patty Murray.

Republican challenger Dino Rossi has edged slightly ahead of incumbent Democrat Patty Murray in Washington’s U.S. Senate race.

Election 2010: Washington Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

:guiness::guiness::guiness:

Contact your congress person and tell them you want them to go forward on this issue. We also need to have FedEx taken from the Railroad Act and put under the NLRB. Let your congress people know we need some protection from the corporation.
I have been waiting for an opening like this. Lately I have been reading a very interesting book, "PARTNERS IN POWER, THE CLINTONS AND THEIR AMERICA" written by ROGER MORRIS. It tells of the Clintons rise to power but more interestingly the increase in their bank account. All through the book it mentions the "Corporations" that bought and paid for the Clintons, there was constant mention of Wal-Mart, Tyson Food, J.B.Hunt, Pilgram Farms, and other Arkansas trucking firms. These companies were repeated over and over pretty much in that order. I kept wondering "What other trucking firms?". Although the book it told how The Clintons talked about the poor and what they would do for them by taxing the rich particularly the trucking companies by road taxes. Upon Election Day all was forgotten about taxing trucking firm, it seems they had the better lobby ($$$). Finally near the end chapters on page 454 a paragraph half way down the page started out like this, “What was visible was a burlesque of the incestuous world of Arkansas government and business.” A $2.75 milliom loan to a parking meter and Pentagon contractor, $1.77 million to some warehouse company, with all the Clinton players, Rose, Hubble, Foster, and so on, getting fees and what have you. These people were all part of the “Arkansas Development Finance Authority.” Finally a $4.67 million loan was handed out to, wait for it……Arkansas Freightways…who’s largest outside stockholder was a Witt Stephens (Stephens Inc.) known to congressmen and Senators as MR. Witt and who was quoted as saying, “Well Hell if you don’t like a law change it”, who in turn underwrote the bonds. With Rose on co counsel with a Kennedy did this and a Clinton appointee here and a Clinton appointee there, a few million here, barrow $5 mil from a Japanese bank there and everybody happy except the voters of Arkansas. My point in all this is do you really think calling anyone will do you any good? All these companies were in bed with Clinton. I’m sure FedEx doesn’t do this; they probably have people for that. I highly recommend this book for a look at all politicians. You too can find out who was in bed with whom. For instance how about Clinton, Bush, Berry Seals (drug runner), and the CIA in the notorious Drugs for Guns fiscal flown out of Mena Ark.

Excellent Post

train :clapping:

Very well said. I may have to get the book on tapes version. Otherwise I fall asleep after reading 5 pages. Just drift to sleep.

But seriously, it was the same thing in 2008 when all the big shots on Wall Street backed Obama over Hillary Clinton thinking that this Obama guy was just "saying" the old song and dance of the Democrats play book about soaking the rich and how evil Wall Street was. Now these same CEOs from Goldman Sachs, J P Morgan Chase, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley that went to Harvard like Obama and learned all the same BS from the same Marxists professors are finding out that Obama meant everything he said about Wall Street and the rich not paying their fare share, that now that they got burnt with all the new Fin Regs are now giving more money to Republican candidates after getting bailed out by Obama and Bernanke.

Here is another great book on the subject by Charles Gasparino:
Bought and Paid For: The Unholy Alliance Between Barack Obama and Wall Street

Amazon.com: Bought and Paid For: The Unholy Alliance Between Barack Obama and Wall Street (9781595230713): Charles Gasparino: Books

Amazon.com: charles gasparino

:couch:

I have been waiting for an opening like this. Lately I have been reading a very interesting book, "PARTNERS IN POWER, THE CLINTONS AND THEIR AMERICA" written by ROGER MORRIS. It tells of the Clintons rise to power but more interestingly the increase in their bank account. All through the book it mentions the "Corporations" that bought and paid for the Clintons, there was constant mention of Wal-Mart, Tyson Food, J.B.Hunt, Pilgram Farms, and other Arkansas trucking firms. These companies were repeated over and over pretty much in that order. I kept wondering "What other trucking firms?". Although the book it told how The Clintons talked about the poor and what they would do for them by taxing the rich particularly the trucking companies by road taxes. Upon Election Day all was forgotten about taxing trucking firm, it seems they had the better lobby ($$$). Finally near the end chapters on page 454 a paragraph half way down the page started out like this, “What was visible was a burlesque of the incestuous world of Arkansas government and business.” A $2.75 milliom loan to a parking meter and Pentagon contractor, $1.77 million to some warehouse company, with all the Clinton players, Rose, Hubble, Foster, and so on, getting fees and what have you. These people were all part of the “Arkansas Development Finance Authority.” Finally a $4.67 million loan was handed out to, wait for it……Arkansas Freightways…who’s largest outside stockholder was a Witt Stephens (Stephens Inc.) known to congressmen and Senators as MR. Witt and who was quoted as saying, “Well Hell if you don’t like a law change it”, who in turn underwrote the bonds. With Rose on co counsel with a Kennedy did this and a Clinton appointee here and a Clinton appointee there, a few million here, barrow $5 mil from a Japanese bank there and everybody happy except the voters of Arkansas. My point in all this is do you really think calling anyone will do you any good? All these companies were in bed with Clinton. I’m sure FedEx doesn’t do this; they probably have people for that. I highly recommend this book for a look at all politicians. You too can find out who was in bed with whom. For instance how about Clinton, Bush, Berry Seals (drug runner), and the CIA in the notorious Drugs for Guns fiscal flown out of Mena Ark.

I haven't read all of this thread so this may have been said already. Why would a politician spend 1,2million..even more in some cases, on a job that only pays a 1/4 milloin a year? What train posted.

You are correct that YRC cut our pay and have not payed into the pension for the last 15 months but you do know the real reason why...fierce competition from fed-ex & con-way & others trying to do whatever they could to put YRC down..If you do the research it was the IBT that for the most part saved YRC from the creditors.Do I like the fact That I am making a whole lot less than I was three years ago NO but I am still working

Conway....
If you care to do some more research, you might want to ask all the EX-CF drivers what they think/thought of the IBT deal that basically led to the CF closure & the expansion of Conway.
As far as touting UPS Freight.....many years before Overnight was bought out, they voted in the union, yet nothing ever happened. Reckon tha same course would follow an IBT attempt to organize Fed-Ex? Given all that's going on with the IBT, I'm not sure they have the finances to take on Fed-Ex in a prolonged unionization attempt.
Just curious...what do you think it is that the IBT has to offer the employees of Fed-Ex?

Truck drivers make as much as college graduates. The government is to blame for our dollars being worthless compared to 1955, not the Teamsters.

You're partiallly correct. But tell me this. From 1944 til today which party has spent more time in power. Democrats=44yrs Republicans=12yrs. Which party gets over 90% all all politcal dollars the Union gives in a political cycle. That would be the democrats. You've got to remember that wages don't go up due to economic pressure. Prices go up due to economic pressure and the cost of labor and wages go up due to prices