FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

PurpleDrool

TB Lurker
Credits
Everyone needs to be pro active, whether you're getting the ax or staying employed, moving up, transferring or just fortunate enough not to be affected in a negative way.
I have been reading the posts, listening to fellow co-workers here and at different terminals including my own. All I hear is complaint after complaint, crying whining etc., I have yet to hear anyone take an active role in constructive thinking! Well, here are my two cents worth. Take it anyway you want it! You can run with it or choose to ignore it. If you ignore it or don't learn anything from it, don't complain!

First, everyone should FLOOD the phone lines at Harrison, if one number is busy, try the next and the next and the next! Make it MISERABLE for Harrison, they'll get the picture. FXF has chosen to throw their book of POLICIES out the door, in our face. Now we find out we can't chase our freight, can't go to a new center with our seniority etc. FXF is changing their policy every other minute in their favor with TOTAL disregard to employees, their families and the community at large.

YOU! Must do what is right, don't allow FXF to get away with it, TAKE ACTION!!!!! Strength in numbers!!!!

Pester your Supervisors, Managers, SCM's, Regional Directors, Human Resources etc., etc.
Do not give up, do not give in. BUT TAKE ACTION!!!!

If nobody does what they need to do to hold on to their job or to help a fellow employee who's losing their job, then NOBODY has the right to COMPLAIN!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

It's Done So Move on over or up whatever it takes.

This is a done deal. Calling Harrison will be a waste of time. Calling the Hot Line is a waste of time also. The management of this company decided this was going to happen and they made it happen. So. Life will go on. Maybe ion a different way, but we will survive. Remember, when you came to work for Fed Ex there were no promises that could not be broken. Changed YES, but like every other company out there they do what the stock holders want them to do wheather we like it or not.

WHIM,
See! That's the attitude! We've done this, done that, it is what it is... wah, wah, wah!
Oh poor me, maybe the government will help me/us! Maybe the government/Obama will toss me a bone! (money)

Today's generation has an attitude that baffles me! I'm old school, you fight your own fights, you create an "army" of people that will back you up and join you in a fight. But nowadays, nobody will take that step, everybody is afraid of losing their job, home, family etc. TAKE A RISK, A CHANCE, look out for yourself and do what you need to do!!!!
Don't expect someone else to do it for you, like the government!! Get people who think like you and FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

We are in a generation full of Pu$$ies and losers who can't act for themselves or can't think for themselves!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T GIVE UP, AND STOP BIT--ING!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who are COWARDS, you deserve what you get!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! "cause nobody is gonna do it for you!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WHIM,
See! That's the attitude! We've done this, done that, it is what it is... wah, wah, wah!
Oh poor me, maybe the government will help me/us! Maybe the government/Obama will toss me a bone! (money)

Today's generation has an attitude that baffles me! I'm old school, you fight your own fights, you create an "army" of people that will back you up and join you in a fight. But nowadays, nobody will take that step, everybody is afraid of losing their job, home, family etc. TAKE A RISK, A CHANCE, look out for yourself and do what you need to do!!!!
Don't expect someone else to do it for you, like the government!! Get people who think like you and FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

We are in a generation full of Pu$$ies and losers who can't act for themselves or can't think for themselves!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T GIVE UP, AND STOP BIT--ING!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who are COWARDS, you deserve what you get!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! "cause nobody is gonna do it for you!!!!
So you starting a club, clan, cult or whatever to join? I'm with ya!! let's get it rolling man and quit BS'ing about it!!! set er up

Just like UPS, FedEx thinks about the almighty dollar not the employees. It's business and not much anyone can do about it. We at UPS Freight know how you feel and what you are going through. One thing I can say that we have you don't is the union. THIS is not a post to make any of you consider going union. But in a change of operations they had to allow us to follow the work according to seniority. It is in writing and they had to follow the contract. When past practice you did things a certain way (Company RULES) they throw it all out the window now. I think that is what I'm hearing and reading. If it is true there will only be to major players in the LTL UPS and FedEX this is what we all have to look forward to as far as working conditions. (CUTTHROAT) I think there are a lot of people over here that have no love for the union. But most would agree that they wouldn't want to work for UPS or UPS Freight without the union. If nothing else just the reasons of what they are doing to you guys now.

Purpledrool, you are either very new to the company or a slow learner. Calling HRO, or for even that matter, calling Fred won't do jack. It's business, it's done. At least people will have the time to react. It doesn't do any good to say let's do this or let's do that. I've been in the U. they give some protection, but not as much as some would think. And actually, the company is doing this in a way very similar to what the U would do as far as dovetailing and bidding. Those of you that think they are being misinformed about dovetailing or that the perceived dovetailing is incorrect are the ones that should be talking to Human Resources.

"Those of you that think they are being misinformed about dovetailing or that the perceived dovetailing is incorrect are the ones that should be talking to Human Resources."

That's exactly My Point!! What you stated above!!! And no, I'm not new. Been around long enough to understand how this company works. Competitively they can't be beat, and won't be beat. However, on a human side, they are a corporation and as such don't much care about employees. Money and profits ABOVE ALL!

Amen Brother,,,America works best when we say UNION YES !

Driver, my views and expressions are not meant to invite or dismiss the formation of a UN!0N! However, it raises the awareness of how a corporation dismisses it's own policies to benefit itself. People who read this can come up with their own conclusions as to what to do to protect their employment.

In other words: "do what you feel you gotta do".

I've been in Un!0NS before, and I'll leave it at that.

Your post is out of place. I would suggest the Moderator take note.

we can do like we have done the past, get a petition rolling around the country of how we would want the seniority to work, just my 2 cents, it worked when they turned the glad hands upside down lol, that was fun, and i remember other instances where mojority has ruled, i would right something up, but im sure there is a better person than me that is good about putting something like that together, if not i will give it a try, but i would like for jeff to take a poll who would be in favor of a petition, cmon, how bout it

I agree with Skeeter. The Union does offer some protection. It's called a contract. I'm still laid off from YRC and have a 10 year rights to recall before any hiring off the streets. Calling HR and HQ is a waste of time. Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot or dog anyone out. My heart and prayers still go out to those workers and families affected.

I agree with Skeeter. The Union does offer some protection. It's called a contract. I'm still laid off from YRC and have a 10 year rights to recall before any hiring off the streets. Calling HR and HQ is a waste of time. Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot or dog anyone out. My heart and prayers still go out to those workers and families affected.
10yr recall!!! damn, that's crazy.....I'll check them off my "apply to" list.

The perfect storm !!!!!

:ranting2::hissyfit::mad::nono_h4h:
Just like UPS, FedEx thinks about the almighty dollar not the employees. It's business and not much anyone can do about it. We at UPS Freight know how you feel and what you are going through. One thing I can say that we have you don't is the union. THIS is not a post to make any of you consider going union. But in a change of operations they had to allow us to follow the work according to seniority. It is in writing and they had to follow the contract. When past practice you did things a certain way (Company RULES) they throw it all out the window now. I think that is what I'm hearing and reading. If it is true there will only be to major players in the LTL UPS and FedEX this is what we all have to look forward to as far as working conditions. (CUTTHROAT) I think there are a lot of people over here that have no love for the union. But most would agree that they wouldn't want to work for UPS or UPS Freight without the union. If nothing else just the reasons of what they are doing to you guys now.
If the TEAMSTERS want FEDEX the time is NOW!!! Drivers are not eating or sleeping and they are MAD AS HELL AND THEYRE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! NOW OR NEVER!!!

10yr recall!!! damn, that's crazy.....I'll check them off my "apply to" list.

Yea but you move on with your life and meanwhile they can't hire anyone until everyone is called back. Whether I or anyone goes back, that's a different story. And the company time still keeps ticking while laid off.

The very successful business models that built this country didn't happen by chance. This is not an attempt to cut costs and trim fixed costs, it is doing it. It is called planning, some long term and some short term. This may not be over. And what if these moves do not produce the desired effects? With the possibility of 97,000 lb. trucks and all the 3rd. part logistic companies,and not to mention Mr.Duncan now with JB Hunt this is probably not even close to over. Do you think Fedex Corporation is gonna put up with subpar performance? This LTL business could be sold at any time. There is a lot of private money sitting on the side lines. And Fedex could purchase somebody else and ride it out until they have to tune it up. Planning for the future in an uncertain future in the LTL business. Think about it. The union selling out it's members. The government selling out ALL of our futures. It will all be in one tidy package ready for sale in the future. Whether that be near or distant future. After all they did buy 3 successful companies and dismantle them and now that it is very hard to sustain the OLD profit models they leave 3 hollowed out shells of good LTL companies. Good Luck to ALL of us.

hu.15% percent less pay,a penson fund in red,you will lose portable pension fund money,will you recive pension when you retire,will fed ex give to 401k fund,reroute freight,sorry the grass is brown on there side of the fence

WOW!! Powerful thread.Reminds me of how I felt When east and west combined.

I was on the phone with Hro every day for two weeks.Got to the point that I was hung up on and asked to stop harrasing the transportation dept.
I couldn't sleep well, my appetite was bad and I was not pleasant to be around.
Eventually Harrison changed the bids around to make a little more sense and Most of us have been able to survive.
Now this.I guess I'll go through it again because if this goes down the way they have laid it out I won't be able to pay my bills with a 100 mile round trip shuttle run.
I really thought that after 15 years safe driving I would at least be able to earn a living with this company.
If they stayed with their own rules and allowed us to follow the freight it would only be fair and just.

So I'm on board with you PD! Lets not be wimps!!! Lets let them know how we feel. Nothing to loose at this point.