XPO | Takeover ?

TM told us we would get 84 cents. Sounds like mileage will be right at 68 cents. Here's the problem for a company like this. If it all pays the same. And all the more you can offer is that paycheck. What's the motivation for someone to stick it out with you ? Why work the dock and do residential deliveries and deal with cameras ? When it all pays the same.
The devil you know. It's all the same everywhere. It's not all ice cream and puppy dogs at other carriers. If you can hire on at Brown as a feeder driver I say you should do that because that is a whole other level of pay and benefits but to leave XPO for XYZ LTL seems like a waste of time to me. Seniority counts for alot to me. I run night line haul because I want the money, next year I can go back to city if I get tired of it. The year after that I can go back to line if want, all while keeping my seniority. I don't know of any other carrier where that is the case. I am staying right where I am at.

The devil you know. It's all the same everywhere. It's not all ice cream and puppy dogs at other carriers. If you can hire on at Brown as a feeder driver I say you should do that because that is a whole other level of pay and benefits but to leave XPO for XYZ LTL seems like a waste of time to me. Seniority counts for alot to me. I run night line haul because I want the money, next year I can go back to city if I get tired of it. The year after that I can go back to line if want, all while keeping my seniority. I don't know of any other carrier where that is the case. I am staying right where I am at.

I'm not pushing people out the door. Still here myself. With no intentions of leaving. But that doesn't change what's happening right in front of me.

I know at New Penn you could bid twice a year , march & September . By seniority you pick your start time for city or linehaul . In this particular barn you could bid city or road jump back & forth all you want every bid . But some barns have city only , road only drivers .

I know at New Penn you could bid twice a year , march & September . By seniority you pick your start time for city or linehaul . In this particular barn you could bid city or road jump back & forth all you want every bid . But some barns have city only , road only drivers .
That's great. If I quit and hire on at New penn what kind of seniority will I have?

Being second senior Linehaul at XYZ LTL, I agree. TM rarely has anything for me. Drive cam & overall sloppiness only real annoyances. But my plan is to keep the license clean & when they choose to separate me from service, I’ll go elsewhere.

That's great. If I quit and hire on at New penn what kind of seniority will I have?

All depends on how you hit it , you know the routine . If you hire on when someone retires , you may move up quicker. But most of the time it takes years to build it up .

All depends on how you hit it , you know the routine . If you hire on when someone retires , you may move up quicker. But most of the time it takes years to build it up .
Exactly my point. I have spent years building up my seniority. I have watched so many go somewhere else looking for greener grass while watching mine get greener and greener as they go. I am at the point with XPO where I only move up when someone retires or does something stupid to get themselves fired. Every JSP I have to decide what I want to do, not what I will get lucky to do. I always tell the new guys to stick around and watch what happens. It doesn't matter what LTL your at, the longer you stay the better it gets as far as line runs or start times.

Exactly my point. I have spent years building up my seniority. I have watched so many go somewhere else looking for greener grass while watching mine get greener and greener as they go. I am at the point with XPO where I only move up when someone retires or does something stupid to get themselves fired. Every JSP I have to decide what I want to do, not what I will get lucky to do. I always tell the new guys to stick around and watch what happens. It doesn't matter what LTL your at, the longer you stay the better it gets as far as line runs or start times.

Agree , I just wish this company would improve their health coverage . It is horrible coverage when you have the weekly deductibles and still have to meet $2,500-7,250 a year before you get full coverage . That is my biggest complaint at XPO.

You only move up when the company hires someone new below you. If your barn is downsizing by not replacing drivers that are retiring or leaving you will stay at the same spot. 3 or 4 on the bottom is the same at a 100 drive barn as it is at a 20 driver barn. To move up you need the company to grow and hire more.

TM told us we would get 84 cents. Sounds like mileage will be right at 68 cents. Which we were all surprised by. Most everyone expected nothing. Moral is not good. So many people left the last few years and they are doing very well. And with the way people stay in touch with the facebook and everything now a days. It's an easy in for these companies that are begging for drivers. Hey, I got a buddy back where I used to work. But he don't like losing his vacation.... tell him he can start with 2 weeks. Had another 15 year guy quit on Monday.

Here's the problem for a company like this. If it all pays the same. And all the more you can offer is that paycheck. What's the motivation for someone to stick it out with you ? Why work the dock and do residential deliveries and deal with cameras ? When it all pays the same.
Here's why some are sticking around and seen this at my barn. Young kid say mid 20's get his CDL now after 3 yrs he has a little seniority and making 65K+ per year more if on LH. He been living at home with mommy and daddy. Buy new vehicles, and all the toys, buy a house. Now he in debt up to his eye ball and needs that 65k+ check every year just to stay above water. They can't afford to leave because to start over at another place involves a pay cut which they can't afford to take.

I’ve been here 15 years and am finally moving up in seniority. That’s a long time to get crapped on. The biggest reason for our hiring frenzy is the addition of ten day linehaul runs. They did some restructuring of freight flow and my barn was the recipient. If the day runs don’t work out for some reason, it will hit the fan for sure.
I agree the grass isn’t necessarily greener elsewhere and pay is similar, but better here at XPO.

I’ve been here 15 years and am finally moving up in seniority. That’s a long time to get crapped on. The biggest reason for our hiring frenzy is the addition of ten day linehaul runs. They did some restructuring of freight flow and my barn was the recipient. If the day runs don’t work out for some reason, it will hit the fan for sure.
I agree the grass isn’t necessarily greener elsewhere and pay is similar, but better here at XPO.
It all boils down to the same bulls**t just a different name on the door. I have worked at many different companies. Some I left by my choice other were not (layoffs or closings).

Agree , I just wish this company would improve their health coverage . It is horrible coverage when you have the weekly deductibles and still have to meet $2,500-7,250 a year before you get full coverage . That is my biggest complaint at XPO.
I agree with you. Our insurance used to be awesome. Cost me $200 for the birth of a child. Cost me $200 for my wife to have a tumor removed from her breast. Cost me $200 for my oldest daughter to have surgery on her stomach and stay in the hospital for 3 nights. That's back in the CWX days when the company took care of us and our families. We could still have insurance like that but that all takes away from the bottom line so we will never see it again. Now, you had better save money up in your HSA for medical emergencies or you will be in debt up to your eyes when that bill comes.

It all boils down to the same bulls**t just a different name on the door. I have worked at many different companies. Some I left by my choice other were not (layoffs or closings).
Just another reason I keep my head down and stick around. I don't see any possibility of the doors closing and I don't want to be the low man looking at layoffs when things slow down. We are due for a recession sooner than later.

At least xpo honors seniority. Some ltls give the best to their fav pets