XPO | Takeover ?

How do you figure that when they have 2 rounds of PTO bids I've been here 27 years and got only 1 of my single days I bid... bunch of f**king BS
If you want a single day, you have to call in sick. Personally, I think it sucks that you get to bid all seven weeks of pto before I get to pick one. And I’ve been here 15 years. Scraps for me and not even that for those below me. To be fair, not all “senior” drivers pick all their pto in the first round, and to those I say thank you.

I’ve been here 15 years and am finally moving up in seniority. That’s a long time to get crapped on. The biggest reason for our hiring frenzy is the addition of ten day linehaul runs. They did some restructuring of freight flow and my barn was the recipient. If the day runs don’t work out for some reason, it will hit the fan for sure.
I agree the grass isn’t necessarily greener elsewhere and pay is similar, but better here at XPO.

Congratulations. But your move up the ladder is a result of lost freight elsewhere. And the winds of change will swing and sway as they may.

Just another reason I keep my head down and stick around. I don't see any possibility of the doors closing and I don't want to be the low man looking at layoffs when things slow down. We are due for a recession sooner than later.

Ask NEMF. The banks learned their lesson from the YRC debacle. Once you run out of other people's money. It's over. This company is under a significantly massive debt burden.

Ask NEMF. The banks learned their lesson from the YRC debacle. Once you run out of other people's money. It's over. This company is under a significantly massive debt burden.
Comparing NEMF and XPO is comparing a grape to a watermelon. We are the watermelon. Last I checked YRC was still up and running. XPO is still making lots of money. I am not trying to be the company defender but to quote Merdoch, the sky is not falling, don't be chicken little.

Comparing NEMF and XPO is comparing a grape to a watermelon. We are the watermelon. Last I checked YRC was still up and running. XPO is still making lots of money. I am not trying to be the company defender but to quote Merdoch, the sky is not falling, don't be chicken little.
I don’t think he is being a chicken little, the size of the company does not matter when the whole thing is leveraged with OPM. A better performance in QE1 2019 report is vital to prospective investerors next month. Jacobs needs to show great progress to ease concerns about the Amazon loss. All this cutting in our business unit is to make the numbers look really good to draw investors back. If there’s not much improvement it could leave the stock price in takeover range.

I don’t think he is being a chicken little, the size of the company does not matter when the whole thing is leveraged with OPM. A better performance in QE1 2019 report is vital to prospective investerors next month. Jacobs needs to show great progress to ease concerns about the Amazon loss. All this cutting in our business unit is to make the numbers look really good to draw investors back. If there’s not much improvement it could leave the stock price in takeover range.
So what? Con-way was taken over and yet here we all are. You think if XPO gets bought out they will just close the doors? Idle thousands of trucks, tens of thousands drivers, and hundreds of crossdocks? I don't think so.

What is the grand total spent on stock buybacks for XPO over the last six months?

$2 billion? $3 or $4 billion?

The price for Menlo/Con-way/Con-way Truckload was $3 billion just a few years ago ( October 2015 )
Amazing that XPO can "invest" so much in stock buybacks.

Seems like the priority is to keep the stock price up - even if you have to pull that money out of the daily operations and maintenance of your asset heavy business ( former Con-way )

If they want to look appealing to investors, they should start with getting more freight into the system. Cost cutting is nice and all but revenue generation is better.

And NEMF had a grapes worth of debt and XPO has a watermelons worth of debt.

YRC took advantage of some unique situations. ( That no longer exist as a result ) Sold off nearly everything. ( The bulk of XPO is " asset light ". Remember we were bought and wall street was shocked ) Gave the rank and file a 15% pay cut. Among other things, like 25% pension vesting per year and suspending all pension contributions to the fund from the company. ( you signing up for that ? ) And repeatedly reverse split its stock. ( Jacobs ain't throwing away his cut of the money )

NEMF made money. Just not enough. YRC makes money. Just barely enough. XPO is supposedly above water. A lot of people claiming the cooked books are lying. Eventually, all that debt will overwhelm income anyway. What if rates go up ? What then ?

You are delusional to believe that a business man that specializes in flipping and rollups is incapable of tripping up and failing.

It's not chicken little syndrome to point out what flaws openly exist with the company and are commonly spoken about and talked freely about, with articles and videos everywhere with people discussing those problems. At some point you have to be willing to accept that if it's raining. It is raining. No, the sky isn't falling. But if you just stand there, you will get wet. Might grab an umbrella. Could be a good idea.

This is why they are still trying to generate enough cash to do a second stock buy back. Which is a double edged sword. But will be a band aid for the current situation.

So what? Con-way was taken over and yet here we all are. You think if XPO gets bought out they will just close the doors? Idle thousands of trucks, tens of thousands drivers, and hundreds of crossdocks? I don't think so.

Here is the rumored scenario that could end up coming true. It's just a hypothesis. An educated, wild guess. They sell XPO Europe. It has immense value and will bring a good number. And they have already had several offers for it. Then they sell XPO America. The brokerage and 3PL part. It has great numbers and will be bought up in very short order. Last mile might be split up into regions, to make it easier to sell. But they think it can be bid out pretty effectively. That leaves XPO LTL, the old Con-way. To be scuttled with ALL OF THE DEBT. And just like no one bought NEMF. No one will buy XPO LTL. Because if you buy it, you buy the debt. If you let it go under, you pay auction prices for whatever terminals or equipment you might want. And these terminals are small, old and many are in terrible locations. And the drivers will follow the freight. They will be knocking on your door looking for a job. Again, this is just conjecture and speculation.

What is the grand total spent on stock buybacks for XPO over the last six months?

$2 billion? $3 or $4 billion?

The price for Menlo/Con-way/Con-way Truckload was $3 billion just a few years ago ( October 2015 )
Amazing that XPO can "invest" so much in stock buybacks.

Seems like the priority is to keep the stock price up - even if you have to pull that money out of the daily operations and maintenance of your asset heavy business ( former Con-way )

First buy back was $1 billion. It already happened. They sold bonds to fund it. They are scrapping up the money to attempt a second buyback. $1.5 billion.

They absorbed Menlo. And sold off truckload. Have nearly eliminated the trailer manufacturing. Estimates are that sale price for XPO LTL is at or around $1.8 billion, on the high side. With an OR of 89 at an operating income of $106 million. It will take over 15 years of sustained performance to pay off the purchase.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xpo-logistics-sell-1-billion-145356203.html

https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/artic...strong_q4_and_full_year_2018_earnings_results

If they want to look appealing to investors, they should start with getting more freight into the system. Cost cutting is nice and all but revenue generation is better.

You got to spend money to make money. And they are strapped. Obviously, they would rather do both, cut costs while increasing revenue.

Here is the rumored scenario that could end up coming true. It's just a hypothesis. An educated, wild guess. They sell XPO Europe. It has immense value and will bring a good number. And they have already had several offers for it. Then they sell XPO America. The brokerage and 3PL part. It has great numbers and will be bought up in very short order. Last mile might be split up into regions, to make it easier to sell. But they think it can be bid out pretty effectively. That leaves XPO LTL, the old Con-way. To be scuttled with ALL OF THE DEBT. And just like no one bought NEMF. No one will buy XPO LTL. Because if you buy it, you buy the debt. If you let it go under, you pay auction prices for whatever terminals or equipment you might want. And these terminals are small, old and many are in terrible locations. And the drivers will follow the freight. They will be knocking on your door looking for a job. Again, this is just conjecture and speculation.
I agree . I don't think that anyone with the capacity to buy a LTL company would even consider buying one. No advantage to it.

I think there's a huge difference between a takeover and a sellout. Conway folks wanted to sell Brad doesn't...if XPO were to be taken over by an outside group that saw potential to make serious money and was bought out from under Brad's feet...it would cost him serious money and ego points.

Then you should jump off the ship before it sinks. Maybe go into a career giving financial advice. There are ZERO senior drivers leaving my barn, NONE. You see what you see and I see what I see. The sky is definitely not falling.

Then you should jump off the ship before it sinks. Maybe go into a career giving financial advice. There are ZERO senior drivers leaving my barn, NONE. You see what you see and I see what I see. The sky is definitely not falling.
Nobody with skin in this game is going anywhere....even if we are bought again. They will ride the ship down with a life preserver on and float til the next freight boat comes by.