Averitt | Talk to much

I wonder what the holdup is on new tandem daycabs ? Knx was to receive 5 single axles, we need tandems due to some heavy local accounts, so we traded four new singles for lower mileage twins from TRI and CHA.

ltl lifer said:
Nah, You're my buddy believe it or not. This should shock all of the participants here. You and I are what made AE forum what it is...without the rif-raf from other lesser companies of course (and you know of whom I speak). I'd rather slam the little child intruder...on second thought, he's not worth my time or energy. However, you will forever be CM to me no matter how many times you change it ;)

Well I hate to tell ya but all nonunion mods can "troll" anywhere nonunion. Union with union. I for one won't ban or edit anything in company mans area out of respect. It's his area and he chooses how it's ran and kept. We encourage activity and letting guys / gals be human within some reason.

Now all the name calling I have to ask please stop with everyone.
The best way to get rid of what you see as a "troll" is to simply ignore them. Then there is nothing to go back and forth with.

It's easy to name call ....too easy. I am an expert at bashing, name calling is an easy way out. Pics do a lot of justice without going the easy way by name calling.
Now go back to having fun

I wonder what the holdup is on new tandem daycabs ? Knx was to receive 5 single axles, we need tandems due to some heavy local accounts, so we traded four new singles for lower mileage twins from TRI and CHA.
At ORL they are operating a lot of rental power, I've seen alot of power broke down on the side of the road or on the hook!

We will see more of this as time goes by, I asked our shop leader if they plan on stepping up the preventive maintenance procedure to care for these aging units and he said no. We all know that our personal vehicles require more than lube and grease when they reach high miles. I normally run to NIL in the Winter and I'm losing confidence in my ride when the thermo drops to sub zero temps.

We will see more of this as time goes by, I asked our shop leader if they plan on stepping up the preventive maintenance procedure to care for these aging units and he said no. We all know that our personal vehicles require more than lube and grease when they reach high miles. I normally run to NIL in the Winter and I'm losing confidence in my ride when the thermo drops to sub zero temps.
ICE...now is the time to speak to your contact over at Neal St, and see if you can get your hands on a decent PETE, until a new RACER gets to you. With some of the pulls you have and the crappy weather conditions you encounter during the winter a heavy sleeper unit is the ticket. The parts changers at KNX probally still know how to get a PETE to do what's it's supposed to do. You will probally get better fuel milage too. Even thouigh I'm a old grump, I'll be damned if I'd let a RACER driver sit on the side of the road freezing, while I drove past!:smilie93C_peelout:

NIL uses my tractor while I'm on break, so it must be daycab. I'm the same way, I carry a heavy lock with me and I will leave her sitting if I need to. I have a portable heater and carry a blanket and extra clothes, but that only helps for so long.

I could'nt sleep a wink knowing that somebody else was using my ride while I'm on break......You have too far to ride on hope & a prayer!

I'm a firm believer in never saying anything on here that I would not say face to face. The good thing about TB is many faces read the posts, and that includes upper management. FYI, KNX's truck wash is still not 24/7 :frown:
I would say anything face to face with management or whomever that I say right here.

We are getting 2 to keep. The bad news came down that my Volvo along with 7 other Volvos at my house have been sold. Several new tractors are headed to surrounding terminals to trade for (my guess is) their reject Freightliners to send to us so we can run out the mileage. Ahh yes. Shuttle drivers get the old hose without Vaseline tactic. These reject Freightliners have low miles because NOBODY WANTS TO DRIVE THEM. Do you people in CKV understand this? They sold the Volvos because they have value. They can't give away these beautiful pink Freightliners.

Me along with my fellow senior drivers will demand a tractor rebid when they pull our Volvos off the road. If there are Volvos running the road out of my house, I intend to be i one of them. My current tractor that I have had for over 6 years would make it easily to a million miles which would occur next year about this time.

Get ready for this to happen system wide.

At ORL they are operating a lot of rental power, I've seen alot of power broke down on the side of the road or on the hook!
The rentals that I see on our yard are for rental drivers use. Rent a driver , get a rental tractor as a package deal.

I could'nt sleep a wink knowing that somebody else was using my ride while I'm on break......You have too far to ride on hope & a prayer!

Another burr under my saddle blanket. Let's review shall we:

City driver with assigned single axle - drives it during the day and parks it at night and nobody else drives it.
Team drivers: 2 assigned drivers drive it all week and park it on the weekend. Tractor is not moved from the time they park it til the time they get back in it, unless of course there is an emergency.
T/L driver: 1 driver that drives it all week, parks it on the wekend and there she sits until that assigned driver returns after the weekend.
Single Sleeper Shuttle: Ditto T/L
Dedicated drivers: ditto T/L
Terminal Managers: Have assigned pickups that were sent to make residential deliveries in a pinch (many of the TM's won't let the truck out of their sight
Sales folks: assigned Altimas, nob ody else drives them but THAT salesman, or at least until they get fed up and quit then it's reassigned to the next victim.

Then there are the tandem daycab units. These tractors run 450 to 700 miles a night, come back on the yard and are given to the least experienced, least seniority drivers to run the city in. I write mine up, park at the shop and before the shop can pull it in, city man has it and gone. Talk til you are blue in the face, does not good. Then we are to pretrip in the dark and run against the clock all night not really knowing where the unknown commodity of city driver took it or what he did to it. The experienced/senior city driver doesn't want to drive the tandems and will choose to have an assigned single axle. I don't blame them. If I were in the city, I would want one as well.

When I was doing MFS laydown runs several years ago, I would put my I/B trailer to the dock and B/T out the gate to the motel. Sometimes they would come get it but many times they didn't.

Actually He is a great guy, refuels and washes the windows !

Oh how lucky you are. This is how it should be. He is on the clock and gets paid to fuel and wash windows, we don't. I NEVER fuel my truck when I get back in the morning. I'll clean my windows (windows only, no paint scrubbing) at night before I leave out.

Well I hate to tell ya but all nonunion mods can "troll" anywhere nonunion. Union with union. I for one won't ban or edit anything in company mans area out of respect. It's his area and he chooses how it's ran and kept. We encourage activity and letting guys / gals be human within some reason.

Now all the name calling I have to ask please stop with everyone.
The best way to get rid of what you see as a "troll" is to simply ignore them. Then there is nothing to go back and forth with.

It's easy to name call ....too easy. I am an expert at bashing, name calling is an easy way out. Pics do a lot of justice without going the easy way by name calling.
Now go back to having fun

You trying to say something with this photo Beerboy? LOL

I agree Lifer, but truth is we are stuck with the FLiners for a while. I have run with one for years and he has had his motor rebuilt by the dealer 250k miles ago and that booger came out the game a freight train. I have to have 15k's more to stay even. But with that said I would drive the sickest, and I think I already do, Volvo on the lot vs. the strongest FLiner.

Stand by...this scenario is headed your way. I know my tractor is high mileage but I know what to expect out it, what it will do, how it pulls, does it burn oil/water, etc. I'd love to run it out to a million.

So true, I picked up my 21247 with less than 200 miles on her in Nashville near Halloween 2006. She has been a trusted friend and very dependable. Never had a roadside breakdown and can't think of more than 2 nights I have ever had to drive another tractor.