Tattoo-covered Cop locks young woman in patrol vehicle parked on train tracks; doesn't end well

You know how you could have avoided that? Not parking your car on a railroad crossing. I can't believe none of the other officers said anything to her. I would have told her to move her car.

I agree, zero situation awareness. I am willing to bet she's a diversity hire.

With less and less people choosing law enforcement as a career, and record numbers retiring,standards are going to have to be lowered across the board just to get bodies to pin a badge on, McMurderapolis is down 300 officers which is mandated to have about 900 on their roster, they can’t hire, and are losing the young ones to better departments. Incidents like this will become more common, no doubt.

With less and less people choosing law enforcement as a career, and record numbers retiring,standards are going to have to be lowered across the board just to get bodies to pin a badge on, McMurderapolis is down 300 officers which is mandated to have about 900 on their roster, they can’t hire, and are losing the young ones to better departments. Incidents like this will become more common, no doubt.

Chicago lost over 900 officers last year, and they hired less than 100 to replace them. I watched hiring pools at my local departments go from over 200 candidates for 2 or 3 open positions, to 10 candidates for over 30 positions. Of those 10, only 6 can pass the physical agility test, and of those 6, only 4 can pass the background. So you hire the 4, even though they're still underqualified, but at least they passed the entry requirements, and you're still down 26 officers. You start the 4 on field training, and lose another 2 because they quit or washed out.

I got out while the getting was good.

Chicago lost over 900 officers last year, and they hired less than 100 to replace them. I watched hiring pools at my local departments go from over 200 candidates for 2 or 3 open positions, to 10 candidates for over 30 positions. Of those 10, only 6 can pass the physical agility test, and of those 6, only 4 can pass the background. So you hire the 4, even though they're still underqualified, but at least they passed the entry requirements, and you're still down 26 officers. You start the 4 on field training, and lose another 2 because they quit or washed out.

I got out while the getting was good.
I tested for Police Depts. in the Chicago area most of my 20s and early 30s no one wanted to fudge the list for me. The one Dept. that called me waited right after I turned 35 like a sick joke.

I always wondered about the law enforcements thinking on traffic stops and the like. I’m sure you’ve seen them pull someone over and put themselves in very dangerous positions. A railroad grade infraction in a big truck is a huge deal, it should be with all drivers as well.

wonder how they are going to explain that..iiiiii didn't see the train coming... the train wouldn't slow down for the flashing lights....basically you can't fix stupid
They stopped the car after a report of a road rage incident involving a gun. I'm sure the adrenaline was flowing and tensions were high. I know the feeling well. But part of being a cop, a good one anyway, is having good situational awareness. The fact that this officer didn't realize she stopped on the tracks, and put a suspect in her car while it was still parked on the tracks, says that she is incapable of maintaining situational awareness under stress.

I can see stopping on the tracks for the traffic stop. I wouldn't have done that, but I can understand the tunnel vision that stress causes. After the driver was detained, and placed into the car, she should have moved off the tracks.

The suspect survived, but suffered serious bodily injury. I hope she sues this department and this officer to oblivion. There is no excuse for this.

They stopped the car after a report of a road rage incident involving a gun. I'm sure the adrenaline was flowing and tensions were high. I know the feeling well. But part of being a cop, a good one anyway, is having good situational awareness. The fact that this officer didn't realize she stopped on the tracks, and put a suspect in her car while it was still parked on the tracks, says that she is incapable of maintaining situational awareness under stress.

I can see stopping on the tracks for the traffic stop. I wouldn't have done that, but I can understand the tunnel vision that stress causes. After the driver was detained, and placed into the car, she should have moved off the tracks.

The suspect survived, but suffered serious bodily injury. I hope she sues this department and this officer to oblivion. There is no excuse for this.

Seemed weird to me that the cops never identified themselves. Articluated a crime. Asked permission for search. Just put her life in danger over a phone call ? Before searching. Officers say repeatedly that they never saw anything in the vehicle or leave the vehicle. Herd of brain dead idiots pointing guns at her with zero explanation to what they are doing or why ?

On top of then the total incompetance of parking on tracks to begin with. Let alone putting a person into that car.

Do cops know the constitution ? Are they trained on it ?

Do cops know the bill of rights ? Are they trained on it ?

Do the cops know the law ? I understand they aren't lawyers or judges. But are they in any way trained on it ?

Do cops even know the policies and procedures ? The simple rules of conduct that regulate their employment ? That are in place to not only protect them, but the public that is responsibe for their actions ?

This woman needs to use this footage to prove that these officers acted outside the law. And that they are all individually responible for the injuries and attempted murder. Qualified immunity only covers lawful actions. Right ?

Seemed weird to me that the cops never identified themselves. Articulated a crime. Asked permission for search. Just put her life in danger over a phone call ? Before searching. Officers say repeatedly that they never saw anything in the vehicle or leave the vehicle. Herd of brain dead idiots pointing guns at her with zero explanation to what they are doing or why ?
They identified themselves by activating red and blue lights, and wearing uniforms. That is more than enough to hold up in court that they identified themselves as police.

In the case of a phone call reporting a road rage incident involving a gun, that is enough reasonable articulable suspicion to make the stop, and to detain the driver, provided the caller identified himself and was willing to be a witness.

A holster was found in the door pocket, which in the context of the complaint, provided the officers with probable cause to search the vehicle.

An officer does not have to give you an explanation of why they are pointing guns at you, and it is absurd to think they should.

On top of then the total incompetance of parking on tracks to begin with. Let alone putting a person into that car.

Absolutely inexcusable and there is no excuse as to why any of that happened, or why the other officers didn't say anything to the officer who parked there, or the officer who put the suspect in the car.

Do cops know the constitution ? Are they trained on it ?

Probably not. Yes.

Do cops know the bill of rights ? Are they trained on it ?

Probably not. Yes. The Constitution and Bill of Rights was taught during a week-long class on criminal law. Specifically the Fourth Amendment.
Do the cops know the law ? I understand they aren't lawyers or judges. But are they in any way trained on it ?

We had one week of criminal law, and about a half week of traffic law at the academy. Every state is different.

Do cops even know the policies and procedures ? The simple rules of conduct that regulate their employment ? That are in place to not only protect them, but the public that is responsible for their actions ?

They should, but that depends largely on the department, and how accessible administration makes those policies.

This woman needs to use this footage to prove that these officers acted outside the law. And that they are all individually responsible for the injuries and attempted murder. Qualified immunity only covers lawful actions. Right ?

Attempted murder? I don't see that. The officer that put her in that car should be charged with criminal recklessness resulting in serious bodily injury.

Qualified immunity covers lawful actions, or actions that an officer believed in good faith were lawful.

I tested for Police Depts. in the Chicago area most of my 20s and early 30s no one wanted to fudge the list for me. The one Dept. that called me waited right after I turned 35 like a sick joke.

I applied for NYPD a few years ago. They said I had too many moving violations. Oh well....

I applied for NYPD a few years ago. They said I had too many moving violations. Oh well.
I applied for NYPD a few years ago. They said I had too many moving violations. Oh well....
It is only specualtion but I assume on the application you listed your gender as MALE. You should have listed it as 'other' or 'I am not sure'. That would put you ahead of the list of applicants since the push is on to have a diverse (Woke), police force.

They identified themselves by activating red and blue lights, and wearing uniforms. That is more than enough to hold up in court that they identified themselves as police.

In the case of a phone call reporting a road rage incident involving a gun, that is enough reasonable articulable suspicion to make the stop, and to detain the driver, provided the caller identified himself and was willing to be a witness.

A holster was found in the door pocket, which in the context of the complaint, provided the officers with probable cause to search the vehicle.

An officer does not have to give you an explanation of why they are pointing guns at you, and it is absurd to think they should.

Absolutely inexcusable and there is no excuse as to why any of that happened, or why the other officers didn't say anything to the officer who parked there, or the officer who put the suspect in the car.

Probably not. Yes.

Probably not. Yes. The Constitution and Bill of Rights was taught during a week-long class on criminal law. Specifically the Fourth Amendment.

We had one week of criminal law, and about a half week of traffic law at the academy. Every state is different.

WOW ! Answers. And not snarky ones. This is awesome. Thank you for this.

Probably not. Yes.

So anyone with lights and a uniform and you lose all your rights ? Is that even how it's suppoed to work with a real cop ? Don't citizens have rights during a traffic stop ?

So we don't know the period of time between the call and the traffic stop. But if someone had done something illegal and intentionally put another person into that vehicle to dodge capture. Is that person in that vehicle now guilty on the spot ?

The holster was found after they began searching. She was never asked for consent to search.

An officer doesn't need to have an explanation for being the threat and being the danger ? Are you comfortable with people pointing guns at you ? I am certainly not at all okay with anyone ever pointing a gun at me. Guns don't keep people safe. They get people killed. It's not a shield or a piece of armor. It is a tool of death. It's only purpose is to take life. It's not at all absurd to believe that the police should be able to handle expalning themselves. She asks repeatedly and is denied any communication.

So a couple weeks of class work. How ever many years ago. And no follow up training ?