tattos

Credits
i don't get it.what is the problem all sudden with tattoos.i haven't seen anyone with profane or offensive tattoos. i hope that at least when we are in the middle of summer there will be some slack given due to the discomfort in the intense heat.

i don't get it.what is the problem all sudden with tattos.i haven't seen anyone with profane or offenceive tattos. i hope that at least when we are in the middle of summer there will be some slack given due to the discomfort in the intense heat.

I personally dont have any tattoos.However,I can understand the angst some longtime employees may have with this seemingly new policy.
If their not obscene or offensive in nature,it seems a little grandfathering could apply.

the picture that was submitted does not do anything to help.it only shows someone who has gone to the extreme. i don't know any wilson employee who would go to that extreme.in fact i haven't met any wilson employee who is not of good report and would not do anything to embarass this company whether on the job or not.

Back in the 60's and 70's my dad was a terminal mgr. for Jones Truck Lines. I can remember him firing guys for having beards!!! Tatoo's were another matter entirely. They just simply weren't tolerated. If you had them, you either wore long sleeves or found some other method to keep them covered.

doublewide the picture that was submitted does not do anything to help.it only shows someone who has gone to the extreme. i don't know any wilson employee who would go to that extreme.in fact i haven't met any wilson employee who is not of good report and would not do anything to embarass this company whether on the job or not.
Yesterday 02:44 PM

It was obviously a joke. Yes, I agree with you, but I can spell rapport.

Tats

When UPS bought Overnight, they told the guys that had tattoo's they would have to keep them covered. It was found to be illegal since they were current employee's. Instead they were told they could not get any new one's in vissible sight or they would be termed. Any newly hired employee's could not have any visible tattoo's. They even took pics of the employee's to have a record of their tat's. They did the same for beards, if you have one ok' if you shave it off you can not regrow it.:shift:

ALL i can say is wow. at Estes we would loose managers if this was the case here. goat tee and some tats are standard for Tm's and Atm's ........wow

There are always some rules that some do not agree with within any organization. Just like others, I also have to make sure my tattoo is also covered up. I believe in a philosophy of working to change the things that I can and accept those that I can not.

When I was still working I needed a pay check.
So I went along with UPS Freights work incentive.
Freedom of choice was not an option,as UPS's work incentive is pretty simple.

'Do what your are told,or get fired!

When I was still working I needed a pay check.
So I went along with UPS Freights work incentive.
Freedom of choice was not an option,as UPS's work incentive is pretty simple.

'Do what your are told,or get fired!

I'm with you on that.But I wouldn't want my customers seeing some of these Tattoos are body piercings.

The company I drive for has this policy, but the difference is that they have always had this policy and I knew the deal coming in.
Wilson has been around a long time and it bothers me that they would change midstream like this.
What happened to make somebody all of a sudden decide to do this?