TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/taylor_declares_rejected_supplements_ratified

2qkR9lR.jpg

Hoffa says "Whatever is best for the company, that's what's important!"

or as "Muler" would say...

Yp5PyCY.jpg

:hissyfit:

To repeat what I posted in another thread...
"So who is really to blame for this fiasco, the IBT for having that clause in the contract ratification conditions or the lazy Teamsters who couldn't even be bothered to vote"
Both are to blame however your Teamster elected officials are paid by you through your dues to represent your best interests. They are not paid to take the easy road when and if they can just because it's easy, or they feel they can get away with it.

Both are to blame however your Teamster elected officials are paid by you through your dues to represent your best interests. They are not paid to take the easy road when and if they can just because it's easy, or they feel they can get away with it.

Politicians, elected officials, etc., do what they do because of lack of interest of the electorate. If we sit by with our heads up our rectums then we deserve what we get.

I understand where you're coming from, doesn't make it ok though.
They are still scumbags paid by Teamster dues. You can make excuses as to why they are scumbags, but they'd be scumbags anyway without those excuses.

"So who is really to blame for this fiasco, the IBT for having that clause in the contract ratification conditions or the lazy Teamsters who couldn't even be bothered to vote"
Both and shame on both of them.

It’s ridiculously easy to vote so there is no reason not to.

And as usual our paid representatives seem to forget who they truly represent.

Uncle Trip , we actually agree on this subject , it's the fault of the LAZY Teamsters that wouldn't take 5 mins to VOTE , this is why it's so important for everyone to VOTE on 2019 !! also they should ban any people from the union that did not vote too !!

Uncle Trip , we actually agree on this subject , it's the fault of the LAZY Teamsters that wouldn't take 5 mins to VOTE , this is why it's so important for everyone to VOTE on 2019 !! also they should ban any people from the union that did not vote too !!
I can’t condone not voting but those who did vote should have their votes respected not thrown out because of some stupid rule that shouldn’t exist.

If it hasn’t been applied in the past why apply it now?

I can’t condone not voting but those who did vote should have their votes respected not thrown out because of some stupid rule that shouldn’t exist.

If it hasn’t been applied in the past why apply it now?
TRUE they should respect the vote and maybe the Union is trying to send a message for 2019 yrcw vote is to VOTE or get screwed ???

Both issues give a bad perception to anyone we would want to organize. Lack of members voting on something that effects their livelihood and the disrespect by the Union of those that did vote.

Teamsters are no different than the rest of the population in this country. Bitch and moan and complain and demonstrate when things don't go their way but don't get up off their butts and participate in the process. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people like that.

Whats the point of having a Union if you vote no and they force it on you anyways also all these concessionary contracts UPS made $4.9 Billion profit last year. Opt out or go fair share depending what State cut off that dues money!

Teamsters are no different than the rest of the population in this country. Bitch and moan and complain and demonstrate when things don't go their way but don't get up off their butts and participate in the process. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people like that.
My opinion is everyone in a RTW state should quit paying dues.
The Teamster Officials will be the ones forced to get up off their fat asses and work for a living instead of living off the work of others like parasites.
They can either work for the members like they're being paid to, or get a real job.

I’ve no respect for those to lazy to vote either. The deeper concern for me when I see our officials doing this is that they would like it to lead to us not voting and them negotiating and ratifying the contract on our behalf.

Opting out assures your dream is dead.

What dream exactly?

-15% pay, no pension and crap equipment. Thats a lot to ask all for the dream of being a Teamster.

The Teamsters aren't even trying to prove the value of the union in LTL anymore. And they've taken for granted what they have with UPS.

Nobody should have to prove their lotalty or value to the Teamsters. The Teamsters need to prove their value and loyalty to the members.