Yellow | TDU's SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSAL

yrctrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
YRC Teamsters: Read it Before You Vote!!!

December 6, 2013: The “two-person” meeting of local officers in Dallas and by conference call has approved conducting a membership vote on the proposed YRC five-year contract extension.

Here is what the proposal includes:
•$750 bonuses instead of wage hikes in 2014 and 2015, then 40c per year (34c after 15% reduction).
•a pay freeze for all office and non-CDL dock workers, and a lower top wage of $16 for future non-CDL dock hires.
•up to 6% purchased transportation (subcontracting) of road work, with a red-circle protection of all road drivers currently working, similar to what ABF now has.
•vacation pay capped at 40 hours or 1/58 annual earnings, and three-week annual vacation delayed until 11 years seniority.
•interlining of city traffic in certain low-density areas.
•attendance policy with a progressive discipline chart as an addendum to the contract.
•H&W coverage protected, with a five-month delay in the 2014 H&W payment increases.
•profit-sharing if YRC Freight achieves 97% operating ratio, or if the combined regional carriers achieve 95%.
•and equality of sacrifice with all management and salaried staff.

The ballots are coming quick. They will be mailed out on or about December 10 and will be counted on or about January 8. The meeting voted overwhelming to send out the proposal, although no recommendation on it was made.

You should read the full proposed contract extension and the IBT’s four-page summary of the proposal and discuss it with your Teamster co-workers.

The proposal requires a majority vote of those who return a ballot to pass. There will be independent rank and file observers at the vote count.

At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1.

Presentations were by John Moses (IBT advisor) and Mitch Lilly (YRC VP of Operations and Labor) and Jamie Pierson (YRC CFO).

Neither of the two IBT-appointed members of the YRC board were in attendance.

I THINK IT SUCKS!!!...IT'S A NO GO FOR ME!!! :17113:

If a no vote equals the doors being shut, then so be it. A relationship requires give and take. What we, YRC & The Teamsters, have is a working relationship, and its been all take, take, take by YRC.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH my Brothers and Sisters! If the company needs relief they need to go find it somewhere else. We did our part.

Why is welch in the yrc magazine saying that this must be done by 2015? Now we're being told its got to be done by jan 2014? If you dont think something smells then i do not have anything to tell you. And its 750 a year for 2 years not 1500 the first year bonus.

YRC Teamsters: Read it Before You Vote!!!

December 6, 2013: The “two-person” meeting of local officers in Dallas and by conference call has approved conducting a membership vote on the proposed YRC five-year contract extension.

Here is what the proposal includes:
•$750 bonuses instead of wage hikes in 2014 and 2015, then 40c per year (34c after 15% reduction).
•a pay freeze for all office and non-CDL dock workers, and a lower top wage of $16 for future non-CDL dock hires.
•up to 6% purchased transportation (subcontracting) of road work, with a red-circle protection of all road drivers currently working, similar to what ABF now has.
•vacation pay capped at 40 hours or 1/58 annual earnings, and three-week annual vacation delayed until 11 years seniority.
•interlining of city traffic in certain low-density areas.
•attendance policy with a progressive discipline chart as an addendum to the contract.
•H&W coverage protected, with a five-month delay in the 2014 H&W payment increases.
•profit-sharing if YRC Freight achieves 97% operating ratio, or if the combined regional carriers achieve 95%.
•and equality of sacrifice with all management and salaried staff.

The ballots are coming quick. They will be mailed out on or about December 10 and will be counted on or about January 8. The meeting voted overwhelming to send out the proposal, although no recommendation on it was made.

You should read the full proposed contract extension and the IBT’s four-page summary of the proposal and discuss it with your Teamster co-workers.

The proposal requires a majority vote of those who return a ballot to pass. There will be independent rank and file observers at the vote count.

At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1.

Presentations were by John Moses (IBT advisor) and Mitch Lilly (YRC VP of Operations and Labor) and Jamie Pierson (YRC CFO).

Neither of the two IBT-appointed members of the YRC board were in attendance.

I THINK IT SUCKS!!!...IT'S A NO GO FOR ME!!! :17113:

Definately a NO 4 Me simply because its always about What They Want !!!!!! BS Ends HERE !!!

If a no vote equals the doors being shut, then so be it. A relationship requires give and take. What we, YRC & The Teamsters, have is a working relationship, and its been all take, take, take by YRC.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH my Brothers and Sisters! If the company needs relief they need to go find it somewhere else. We did our part.

Like it or not, we're all employees of YRC. I still feel that shutting the doors hurts the larger cause, because you'll have that many fewer Teamsters in this industry.

If I worked for the teamsters I'd agree with you. But unfortunately all that IBT has done is taken 30+ years of dues and returned consistently terrible information. I think we've been screwed by both sides.

By putting fotrward this proposal they are trying to divide us like they've done before.The people that have 11 years or more are thinking I've got my vacation, the people with a cdl are saying I'll get my raise, The chickens and retired People are saying take it because I'm protected. Is anyone thinking of all the people that are coming behind this that this will affect in the future? I'm sorry to say I've seen this thinking before when union members let the 2 tier pay system come in, and now here those same people cry about it. We have a chance to stop the direction we are heading by saying no and going back to the table. They did not negotiate this, they just threw it on the table and said this or else. In the corporate propaganda paper Welch stated that this had to be done by Feb 2015. Why now are we looking down the barrel of this proposal and not even hearing from the union? There is no way they can not have a position on this. Not recommend? That to me says NO. :452:

Yrc is not as dumb as many say! It took UPS over 6 billion to buy out of central states pension fund, YRC has just ''about'' did it without paying a dime!

giving back and giving back and again giving back more is what is hurting the greater cause,not saying no to the greedy sobs

giving back and giving back and again giving back more is what is hurting the greater cause,not saying no to the greedy sobs

There is no easier way to show that the company is profitable than taking money away from the people that actually earn it. When they can do it the easy way, why try to make money by hauling freight? Maybe the next time Welch comes to the employees for more, the employees can mortgage their house and give him the money. You know he will come back for more.