Pitt-Ohio | Teals express

They must see a need for them in the longer term, the word “overstaff” is not in Pitt’s vocabulary.
Pitt must have known that they were taking on all of Teal’s dock workers and then planned on dumping them into their RossExpress LTL. So yeah, they must have put some real forethought into that plan before they executed it.
They probably did it cause Ross’s auburn ma barn is a revolving door as far as dock help is concerned. When we get new dock guys, many don’t last for one reason or another. So the the over staff herd is already being thinned. A guy got canned recently for too many damages.

Pitt must have known that they were taking on all of Teal’s dock workers and then planned on dumping them into their RossExpress LTL. So yeah, they must have put some real forethought into that plan before they executed it.
They probably did it cause Ross’s auburn ma barn is a revolving door as far as dock help is concerned. When we get new dock guys, many don’t last for one reason or another. So the the over staff herd is already being thinned. A guy got canned recently for too many damages.
It’s a relatively high turnover position to begin with as well. We get a lot of college students and part-timers who work it as a second job.

How did they know the dock guy had damages ? Working the dock sucks. It takes a week to get forklift certified so you walk the dock all night plus it's cold albeit its been an easy winter except 2 weeks ago

How did they know the dock guy had damages ? Working the dock sucks. It takes a week to get forklift certified so you walk the dock all night plus it's cold albeit its been an easy winter except 2 weeks ago
When a guy stabs a hazmat drum with his fork truck blades, a class 3 flammable, there’s no hiding that. Luckily it was some kind of adhesive that didn’t run all over the dock, trailer etc. Then the next night he dumped a swp of 50lb bags of something that the dock super had to help him recoup, not happy. On top of all that, he was a high speed maniac on the dock. He never looked while backing out of a trailer at Full throttle. He came within inches of t-boning me on the dock one night while I was driving by his strip trailer.
yah, I know, pounding an LTL dock stripping trailers on a cold dock is not the best line of work, but it is steady work though.

I saw a strange looking Pinnacle with a gray bumper in Randolph NY today, D2514? Blew right over railroad tracks placarded dangerous. I ran into my former coworker in Erie who is still running Jamestown out of WMS.

Last edited:
I saw a strange looking Pinnacle with a gray bumper in Randolph NY today, D2514? Blew right over railroad tracks placarded dangerous. I ran into my former coworker in Erie who is still running Jamestown out of WMS.
At metallic ladder???

I use to run over there for CF and Holland... I probably know you.

When a guy stabs a hazmat drum with his fork truck blades, a class 3 flammable, there’s no hiding that. Luckily it was some kind of adhesive that didn’t run all over the dock, trailer etc. Then the next night he dumped a swp of 50lb bags of something that the dock super had to help him recoup, not happy. On top of all that, he was a high speed maniac on the dock. He never looked while backing out of a trailer at Full throttle. He came within inches of t-boning me on the dock one night while I was driving by his strip trailer.
yah, I know, pounding an LTL dock stripping trailers on a cold dock is not the best line of work, but it is steady work though.

So How goes the Ross/Apollo merge ? any word on if Ross will get its name changed to Pitt in the future ?
I thought Apollo was bought out by Teals? I haven’t heard anything suggesting that Ross would be merged in to Pitt Ohio as Teal’s was, I believe Teal’s was struggling financially and Pitt seized the opportunity. I don’t think Ross in that situation but if there were to be a merger I’d most likely find out on Truckingboards before hearing it from the company.

I thought Apollo was bought out by Teals? I haven’t heard anything suggesting that Ross would be merged in to Pitt Ohio as Teal’s was, I believe Teal’s was struggling financially and Pitt seized the opportunity. I don’t think Ross in that situation but if there were to be a merger I’d most likely find out on Truckingboards before hearing it from the company.
Teals did by Apollo, but when Pitt bout Teals the Apollo guys were shoved in with Ross.