Pitt-Ohio | Teals express

press release
What will become of Jakes Cartage in Jersey City, NJ- Pitt already services the area and where they are located is bad- its not even a terminal.

And then what was/is Apollo in Shrewsbury Mass, with Ross already in the area and building a new terminal a few away.

I’m from central New York sad to see another company lose the battle there. Had an opportunity to work for Teals I didn’t take.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/pitt-ohio-adds-4-terminals-begins-direct-service-in-new-york
press release

so the new article today said they are keeping Albany, Buffalo, Utica and Watertown NY. So where does that leave the other 7 Teals terminals ? Syracuse is confusing unless Teals didn't own it or the other not mentioned.

so the new article today said they are keeping Albany, Buffalo, Utica and Watertown NY. So where does that leave the other 7 Teals terminals ? Syracuse is confusing unless Teals didn't own it or the other not mentioned.
Pitt doesn’t mind running there P&D guys 150 miles one way to start a peddle.

Pitt doesn’t mind running there P&D guys 150 miles one way to start a peddle.
Especially in rural areas, we have a few p&d runs in the 300 mile range everyday. Also, some of the closed terminals only had a few doors and trucks and it probably wasn’t cost effective to maintain those locations versus having a longer run out of a larger terminal. I’m hoping some Teal drivers join the forum so we can get their perspective on this.

Especially in rural areas, we have a few p&d runs in the 300 mile range everyday. Also, some of the closed terminals only had a few doors and trucks and it probably wasn’t cost effective to maintain those locations versus having a longer run out of a larger terminal. I’m hoping some Teal drivers join the forum so we can get their perspective on this.
Yep it will be interesting in the winter how they plan on covering all that area.

The other terminals listed on the Teal's website are really small interline carriers they used.

I figure they are already looking for a Syracuse Location and probably a Newburg Location