SAIA | team pay

basscaster46

TB Lurker
Credits
First of all does saia pay anything other than mileage pay such as drop an hook or delay? Or is this to much to ask?
Also about how many miles and where do they run?
How fast are the trucks.
JD

Can't say for sure about teams, but i know solos get paid for d/h's and delay. Trucks run 65 mph. Like I said, don't quote me on the team deal, but this should give you an idea. Maybe someone else can give you more info. Happy trails!

Team Drivers – Drop and hook pay is compensable when a single dispatch is less than 550 miles or less than 9.5 hours

ha ha dont look like they are going to have to worry about it before long lol

i will disagree with you on that, look at all the fixed cuts they are making. regionals will do all the paper work and city dispatch, all other terminals will be dark. figure the pay and bennies for 1 tm and 2 sup times 140 terminals
(+ or -). thats a lot of cash Rick O can pocket

What is the pay for teams? Is there any delay pay if so how much time do you have to give them? What about perdiem?
Does saia pay drop an hook`s? Breakdown pay? What about pay for having to chain up out west? If so what is rate of pay? Do you start at 47 cents a mile then go up from ther or is this top pay?
Was wondering if job was strictly mileage only, hope not.
When I was driving for aaa cooper was under the impression they got payed for some of these things mentioned.
Don`t mean to pry but got a call from them about team driving position and was wondering what to expect.
Any info would be appreciated.
chainslinger:shift:

I think teams top at 51 cents now. Delay, breakdown, d&h under 500 something miles are paid at $20/hour or some part of an hour. Can't comment on chain pay though. Most teams won't ever see any delay pay though. The company usually tries to keep them rolling.