Averitt | Team shuttle

Seeking replacements for them as they have transferred to Shuttle, Single Sleeper and City ? We are slammed in Ktown.

Come to think about it the company podcast spoke of drastically reducing purchase power that I'm seeing happening now, that makes more sense than transfers.

I would think many of the truckload guys would jump at the chance to get the miles and pay increase. Latest rumors are the red trucks are going up to 70.

I would think many of the truckload guys would jump at the chance to get the miles and pay increase. Latest rumors are the red trucks are going up to 70.
They went up to 68 in a slow roll a few years back because the wizards of smart in kookville said that 68 mph "would have zero effect on fuel mileage, it may even be better". Then the fuel prices went up and every shop guy was sent out on a satuirday to turn them all back to 65.
The rumor mill at Averitt has been a hot bed of just that for years.
I sure don't miss Averitt AT ALL.

Team is not for me, but they seem to love it. We are finally getting bigger sleepers and that is a big win for those guys. Plus the make a .07 more than Shuttle.

I believe the teams are being added to soak up the freight that was being moved by outside carriers. Most all of the runs that were covered by jnj and landstar have already been eliminated. We should all expect some changes, hopefully for the best since the company has a new vp of operations. He is a lot more in touch with the company and the industry.

Retention and ability to attract good drivers from other companies. Several drivers have left for one reason only and that is pay app $10,000 to $12,000 more a year running a 500 mile Shuttle run for another company. When was the last time a driver from another LTL company came to work for us unless they got fired at the other company. Dave Ramsey says if you are losing money you must identify the hold and plug it first. We must be losing millions on hiring and training new people that would be considerably less if we retain the drivers we have. Some of are doing ok and getting ready to retire, however the 30 - 50 year olds are leaving.
Great job on increasing the vacation package however we are behind on when we get our weeks per number of years.
It appears that truckload is headed in the right direction with some of the changes and the increase in pay.

I turn 49 in May, OD has built a new center 5 miles closer to my house, exit 369 on I40. With my 25 years safe driving and zero letters in my file I'm sure I could hire on some what easily with the big dogs. But it ain't happening, I wouldn't switch for 20k a year raise. But that's me, we are all different.