TForce | TeamCare

exprez

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone retired lately that is waiting on transition from active employee to retired and still using TeamCare?
What is transition protocol? What is procedure for signing up for TeamCare after retirement? Trying to get answers from H.R. is a joke.
I have 21 years of service, so eligibility is covered.
Thanks in advance for answers

I got a notice from Teamcare that as of January 2, 2022. My health insurance was canceled. It might have to do with ups switching payroll over to tforce.

Has anyone retired lately that is waiting on transition from active employee to retired and still using TeamCare?
What is transition protocol? What is procedure for signing up for TeamCare after retirement? Trying to get answers from H.R. is a joke.
I have 21 years of service, so eligibility is covered.
Thanks in advance for answers
For me it was just a phone call to TeamCare. I did not deal with the company at all. I retired before Tforce but that should not matter. The transition was simple and took place automatically you will be switched to the RU plan. Start a conversation with TeamCare through messaging on your TeamCare plan website and that way all your questions and answers will be documented. Tell them your last day of employment so that there will not be a interruption in your health care benefits.

Medicare might have a period of time before you actually get the card.

I am on Medicare advantage through a UC privately already. I got it instantly when I was ruled disabled. But things have changed now. It is a waiting period of 2 years for new enrollees. so that they dont hit the doctor and incur a bunch of past due medical care that they waited for years.

At 66.5 or so years based on my birth year it changes to full retirement social security. Nothing else will change. I do not expect to be alive that long and if Congress does nothing as usual Social Security might not be around at all then. Since it will be FRA close to 70 it will be about a 30% boost in monthly income instead of filing at 62 which will actually cost me money.

That I think would be the saving grace of your Pensions and so forth for your years of service. Why all truckers dont get it I never know. (Thats a can of worms I dont want to open, its well known to all concerned)

Medicare might have a period of time before you actually get the card.

I am on Medicare advantage through a UC privately already. I got it instantly when I was ruled disabled. But things have changed now. It is a waiting period of 2 years for new enrollees. so that they dont hit the doctor and incur a bunch of past due medical care that they waited for years.

At 66.5 or so years based on my birth year it changes to full retirement social security. Nothing else will change. I do not expect to be alive that long and if Congress does nothing as usual Social Security might not be around at all then. Since it will be FRA close to 70 it will be about a 30% boost in monthly income instead of filing at 62 which will actually cost me money.

That I think would be the saving grace of your Pensions and so forth for your years of service. Why all truckers dont get it I never know. (Thats a can of worms I dont want to open, its well known to all concerned)

To be clear, the waiting period only applies to people on SSDI, not regular Medicare which people are entitled to at age 65.

Is it $150 a month for spouse?
Ans how long does it last?
It is $400 per month for family and $200 per month for single. Page 118 in you contract. You will be kicked off the TeamCare plan when you reach the age of 65. Family members who have not reached the age of 65 stays on the plan until they reach that age which is when you are eligible for Medicare or if you are eligible for social security disability health care benefits. This will be deducted from your monthly pension benefit if you want that option.

Last edited: